Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!

It's almost the end of the week!  But I work Saturday... :(   DH also has to work Friday night.   I do have a 3-day weekend next weekend. 

I'm on the last ep of crazy ex-gf and it's making me sad.  One of the characters is holding a balloon that has Jesus riding a unicorn on it.  I want that balloon.  

We got our suitcase yesterday.  It's huge.  I can put DefConn in it and zip it up.  ;) 

Re: Thursday!

• Options
    It's almost the end of the week!  But I work Saturday... :(   DH also has to work Friday night.   I do have a 3-day weekend next weekend. 

I'm on the last ep of crazy ex-gf and it's making me sad.  One of the characters is holding a balloon that has Jesus riding a unicorn on it.  I want that balloon.  

We got our suitcase yesterday.  It's huge.  I can put DefConn in it and zip it up.  ;) 
    We're on the last season of Parks & Rec and I'm getting sad that it will be over soon, so I know the feeling. 

We're packing and getting things ready to leave for Pittsburgh tomorrow. This is the last wedding we have this summer, and the first one I haven't stood up in for like a year, so I'm pretty jazzed. Now I have to decide what to wear. I might post options later if I can't choose. 

Also, I love Prudie Day. 
  • Options
    FH's clearence went through. I literally *just* found out and don't know if I am allowed to say anything to people yet so I am telling y'all. I probably won't know more until after work and that is going to make this an extra long day. Thankfully, it's Prudie day so there is that distraction at least.
  • Options
    I'm slowly starting to buckle down to my new normal.  I've gotten my "to the end of the year" calendar updated and I'm sitting down tonight to clean off my desk and start another project that, when completed, will fully divest me of the remnants of my marriage that are sticking to me.

A good friend has gotten her close-to-dream job that will help her get to the dream job.  It involves moving far away though.  I'm both sad and excited.  I'm also a little fearful; she heads up an important committee that I sit on and I'm afraid I'm going to be asked to take it over.  I really just don't think I can do it.  

I'm also handing over the leadership of my atheist group next month.  It's pretty emotional for me.  I took a fledgling group 2 years ago and turned it into a powerhouse.  We have over 50 active and present members, we've won 2 national awards from a national foundation (that were presented to us at the Reason Rally, how cool) for our charity work, and I regularly get calls from community leaders and media asking for for help/opinions/stories.  I have full confidence in the person I'm handing it over to and I simply can't lead like I used to; I still kind of want to cry.

Life has gotten pretty weird, exciting, and regular again.  I'm enjoying that.  Now I need to concentrate on getting furniture for my living room.  :D
  • Options
    Yay Prudie day!

I talked to my boss yesterday, not about the alledged promotion but to remind him that the additional work I'm doing is taking an extra 10-12 hours out of my week so when he asks why my numbers are low, that's why and some help with new customer leads would be appreciated.  That fell on Deaf ears.

Otherwise 2 more wake ups before FI is home!  I cannot wait!
  • Options

Last night, after Edna's vet appointment, H took me to this vineyard that now has a store and restaurant.

As a teenager, I would go "rich housing" and just drive around and look at the million + houses. This one house with the vineyard was my favorite. A few years ago they built a store and restaurant and we've always talked about going but never did. Well, we did last night and the food was amazing.

Tonight I want to do absolutely nothing but H and I have to sit down and figure out food for his party on Saturday and possibly grocery shop.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Someone fell/threw themselves onto the train tracks this morning, so my commute in was a ridiculous nightmare.

We are in the middle of a silent TV war, apparently.  All DH wants to do is watch Sports Center or Impractical Jokers.  Last night, he asked what I wanted to watch and then immediately nixed my request and turned it to something I didn't want to watch because "I've seen this episode like 6 times in the past year."  Good for you, but it's what I wanted to watch, so don't get pissy with me when I decide I'm just going to go to bed.  Which I did.  Immediately.  Don't ask me if you're immediately going to override my decision.

I haven't gotten home much before 6 any day this week, and I'm usually in bed by 830, so after dinner and cleanup, it's close to 7:30/8 already, so what is the freaking harm in sitting with me and watching one mindless half-hour rerun?  After I go to bed, you can turn it to any damn thing you like.  It's not like you sat on the couch the whole time I made dinner, anyway, watching whatever you wanted.  Oh, wait.  You did.

Needless to say, DH and I have not seen much of each other this week.

End rant.  It always amazes me how much better I feel afterwards.

Thank GOD for Prudie day.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

DH and I were just talking yesterday about how we feel unprepared for our trip next week.

But as I think about it this morning, I might be ok.  I need to catch up on laundry.  And let's be honest, I will be doing last-minute laundry on Sunday night.  I always do.

Today I'm heading to Target for trip stuff - making sure we have the toiletries we need, etc.  And tomorrow I'll get water and snacks at Sam's.

The house is clean so we just need to keep it that way for the next 4 days.  That'll happen, right?

• Options
    Congrats to Mr. @tigerlily6
  • Options
    Yay, congrats @tigerlily6!  This means your ring will for sure pop up!

I'm the queen of putting things in safe places and then forgetting where that was so I bought a cheapie ring holder that I leave next to the sink for those moments.
  • Options
    I am so tired, y'all.  Woke up at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep.  Luckily, I'm leaving in a bit to run Wooz to swim tryouts, so I can kind of coast after that.  In the meantime, I'll be picking up an iced coffee on the way. 

DH is being run ragged on a project.  We're both counting down the weeks 'til the beach.

DS is happy, so that's something.  :) 
  • Options
    @AtomicBlonde - the TV battles suck, but we both love impractical jokers. 

@charlotte989875 - let me know if you want any Pittsburgh recs. That's my hometown. We'll be there in a week and a half.

I'm putting out fires at work (not literally, but hopefully will get some sort of recognition for taking this on and fixing the problem) and I have a new mentee, so I spent some time on the phone with him today.  Haven't had lunch yet, but i have a meeting about the fire in 20, so not sure if i even have enough time to eat at this point. 
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    @AtomicBlonde - the TV battles suck, but we both love impractical jokers. 

@charlotte989875 - let me know if you want any Pittsburgh recs. That's my hometown. We'll be there in a week and a half.

I'm putting out fires at work (not literally, but hopefully will get some sort of recognition for taking this on and fixing the problem) and I have a new mentee, so I spent some time on the phone with him today.  Haven't had lunch yet, but i have a meeting about the fire in 20, so not sure if i even have enough time to eat at this point. 
    Any dinner recommendations? We're staying north/outside the city a bit since the wedding is at Duquesne. H's entire family is from Pittsburgh (his cousin is getting married) so I'm sure they'll have ideas, but they never plan anything a head of time. 
  • Options

I woke up to the worst Charley horse I've ever had 2 minutes before my alarm went off this morning. What a lovely start to my Thursday, let me tell you. Now my calf is super sore, and it hurts down into my ankle and the bottom of my foot. (Is the ankle/foot pain normal??)

@AtomicBlonde, I feel your pain. DH LOVES Impractical Jokers. I think it's pretty funny too. But if he ever comes in to watch TV with me, our options are either that, Ridiculousness, or those shows on TruTV with the funny videos where people are doing stupid things and hurting themselves. He never even asks if I want to watch it or tries to find something we both like. Ugh.

• Options
    Oooh @thefanciestbeckler...Charley horses are the worst!  I hope your leg feels better soon. 

TMI, I get them occasionally during sex and it sucks to have to stop and work it out before moving on. 
  • Options
    Oooh @thefanciestbeckler...Charley horses are the worst!  I hope your leg feels better soon. 

TMI, I get them occasionally during sex and it sucks to have to stop and work it out before moving on. 
    DH said the time he had the charley horse was the best sex he ever had.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

DH said the time he had the charley horse was the best sex he ever had.

Oh geez!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be the worst!!!!!!!! I'm glad that hasn't happened to me (yet)

• Options
    When I get those, my leg shoots straight up into the air involuntarily.  If that happened during sex, I'm fairly confident it would be the worst sex we ever had!  LOL

@kimmiinthemitten this literally made me LOL

• Options
    When I get those, my leg shoots straight up into the air involuntarily.  If that happened during sex, I'm fairly confident it would be the worst sex we ever had!  LOL

@kimmiinthemitten this literally made me LOL
    As it should, I look like Kramer from Seinfeld when it happens!
  • Options

I woke up to the worst Charley horse I've ever had 2 minutes before my alarm went off this morning. What a lovely start to my Thursday, let me tell you. Now my calf is super sore, and it hurts down into my ankle and the bottom of my foot. (Is the ankle/foot pain normal??)

@AtomicBlonde, I feel your pain. DH LOVES Impractical Jokers. I think it's pretty funny too. But if he ever comes in to watch TV with me, our options are either that, Ridiculousness, or those shows on TruTV with the funny videos where people are doing stupid things and hurting themselves. He never even asks if I want to watch it or tries to find something we both like. Ugh.

Oh man, I feel for you! I had the mother of all Charley Horses a few months ago, it also lasted about 2-3 minutes, and hurt so bad I couldn't even sit up out of bed for a while, and was limping all day long. I don't remember my ankle specifically, but my foot was certainly sore. Whether that's normal or not, can't say, but solidarity!

I tend to get them when I'm especially fatigued, I've noticed. But NEVER, EVER during sex. I think I will have nightmares of that now, it sounds terrible!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I'm the queen of putting things in safe places and then forgetting where that was so I bought a cheapie ring holder that I leave next to the sink for those moments.
    Thanks, @charlotte989875 and @kimmiinthemitten

And I did find my ring! In the base of the candlestands on the table. Definitely an absent minded placement. I think I may have to invest in a cheap ring holder/ some kind of container or bowl to put in the kitchen from here on out. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Thanks, @charlotte989875 and @kimmiinthemitten

And I did find my ring! In the base of the candlestands on the table. Definitely an absent minded placement. I think I may have to invest in a cheap ring holder/ some kind of container or bowl to put in the kitchen from here on out. 
    I use my mini mortar and pestle to store my rings when I'm cooking something messy. 
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 - try the Church Brew Works. It's in the Lawerenceville/Polish Hill area. (Near the Strip District). Old church converted into a microbrewery.  I hear their beer is good (I'm not a beer drinker, but DK is) and the food is great. Make reservations because they can get busy. 
    http://churchbrew.com/

You could try the Sonoma Grille too. I've never eaten there, but I know their executive pastry chef, and her stuff is amazing. 
    http://www.thesonomagrille.com/

Also, get a sandwich at Primanti Bros. That's a must. 
    http://www.primantibros.com/

• Options
    *Barbie* said:
    @charlotte989875 - try the Church Brew Works. It's in the Lawerenceville/Polish Hill area. (Near the Strip District). Old church converted into a microbrewery.  I hear their beer is good (I'm not a beer drinker, but DK is) and the food is great. Make reservations because they can get busy. 

You could try the Sonoma Grille too. I've never eaten there, but I know their executive pastry chef, and her stuff is amazing. 

Primanti Bros is FI's favorite and they're adding a few locations around Detroit.  One is only 10 miles away from us.

I'm personally more jealous that you're likely going to a wedding with a cookie table.  I need more friends from Pittsburgh.
  • Options
      tigerlily6 said:

Oh man, I feel for you! I had the mother of all Charley Horses a few months ago, it also lasted about 2-3 minutes, and hurt so bad I couldn't even sit up out of bed for a while, and was limping all day long. I don't remember my ankle specifically, but my foot was certainly sore. Whether that's normal or not, can't say, but solidarity!

I tend to get them when I'm especially fatigued, I've noticed. But NEVER, EVER during sex. I think I will have nightmares of that now, it sounds terrible!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's had the foot pain @tigerlily6! At least if it's not normal then we are not normal together  :D Also congrats to you and your H on the new job! Great news.

• Options
    I love Primanti Brothers! That's definitely on the list. And the church Brewer looks great, I'm going to try and convince everyone that's where we shoul do tomorrow night, thanks Barbie!
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:

Primanti Bros is FI's favorite and they're adding a few locations around Detroit.  One is only 10 miles away from us.

I'm personally more jealous that you're likely going to a wedding with a cookie table.  I need more friends from Pittsburgh.
    Best Pittsburgh wedding tradition, ever. We got married in Philly and still did a cookie table - we had our baker do most of the cookies and got a ton of kruschiki from a local Polish deli. Wasn't quite the same as having the family bake and freeze cookies for months, but it was a hit. 
  • Options
    Can't wait for the cookie table!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards