Wedding Woes
Options

Monday!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited July 2016 in Wedding Woes
How was the weekend?

I had a friggin' blast Friday night at the Crazy for Swayze movie thing.  Roadhouse is the cheesiest movie I've ever seen.  My sister and I basically said all the lines of Dirty Dancing.  We were 'shushed' a couple times for being too loud, but whatevs.  We were having fun. 

They had a mechanical bull there and they were giving away 2017 passes for the movie fest (they do different movies every Friday) for the person who stayed on the longest.  So, one of the chicks with me and myself went down to get in line.  So, as I'm waiting in line...I'm starting to doubt this decision (and all my life's decisions) since I am looking at the crowd as I'm waiting.  AND then I run into BFF's lil' brother's BFF.  So my (newly minted) friend gets on and goes for 5 secs.  I try to get on.  I had not been paying attention to how people were getting on the bull, so I try to throw my leg over.  Yeah, no...you gotta give it a bounce and hop on.  So I totally embarrass myself and people are cheering and offering helpful solutions.  I finally get on and the thing won't go.  So the guy comes over...I get off.  I am shaking at this point, because stage fright has kicked in.  The bull had come unplugged...So after all that, I get on and I'm like, "Mrs.Conn, you're going to kick ass at this.  You have to."  I could see the time, so I was determined to stay on for at least 10 secs...Then I made it past 15, 20, and fell off at 25.  No other woman stayed on as long as me.  But I got beat by some stupid long-legged, skinny guys.   And I didn't go again since the plastic saddle chafed the shit out of my thighs.  

So, TL;DR, you gotta give it a good bounce and hop on to a mechanical bull and don't wear shorts.  And you can hold on longer than you think when you have the sheer force of will through stage fright/embarrassment

Anyway, I was out until after 1:30a.  I didn't get to bed until after 2:30a.  DH worked Friday night.  DefConn woke me up at 4:15a because he'd peed the bed 'really bad, mommy.'  I had to be up for work at 7am Saturday morning. 

Saturday night was a hot mess because DH and I were exhausted. 

Yesterday, I slept as long as DefConn would let me.  I got some stuff done around the house and went to the store.   And then I puttered around the kitchen for a few hours making dinner and breakfast for the week.  

Re: Monday!

• Options
    edited July 2016
    That is awesome @mrs.conn23!

FI is home and it's awesome. We attempted a BBQ at a friends house yesterday, and he pushed through but jet lag kicked in and he had two black, baggy eyes by the time we left. I took today off of work so we're going downtown to walk around the Riverwalk and get lunch and some drinks. 

I am now also the proud owner of a beautiful silk scarf from the silk market, a pearl necklace, earring and bracelet and a new Michael Kors purse (that I have heavily researched and appears to be real). First, he had to negotiate for it off the floor in the back room where they kept different bags (a coworker confirmed the table bags were fakes). It has tags, the outside brown bag, and it matches all of the key indicators I found on Google. If not, it's damn close and cute!  
  • Options
    Y'all have the best weekend stories!  Mechanical bull, wedding disaster, and Chinese swag.  Nice!

It was quiet-ish here.  Took Wooz to riding and then went for mani/pedis.  Got stuff done around the house.  Wooz's bestie showed up Saturday afternoon for a sleepover  When the time came for her mom to pick her up yesterday a.m., she broke down wailing.  So apparently I'm not the only one with a dramatic kid.  I did a lot of laundry, we spent a couple hours at the pool, it was just nice and chill.  Drove to the Italian market, but DS fell asleep in the car and Wooz forgot her shoes (sigh), so I stayed in the car with the kids.  DH made dinner last night with the stuff he bought, and it was good.

This morning, my kids decided to be polar opposites.  Wooz wanted to wear her new shorts, and they have an adjustable waist.  She said they were too big, I said I just had to adjust the waist, she cried.  She was dragging her feet, I said she could finish her breakfast in the car, she cried.  I said "What's with all the drama?" and she said "Not nice!  You hurt my feelings!"  Meanwhile, DS is singing the Good Morning song from Daniel Tiger. Seven minutes from the time he woke up until he was sitting in his car seat, waiting for me to buckle him up.  As I'm buckling him, Wooz is crying that her backpack (which contain exactly one lunchbox, two snacks, and one water bottle) is "too heavy."  So. Much. Drama.

She has camp at the children's museum all week (rainforest a.m., marine biology p.m.) and it's two blocks from DH's office, so I sent her off with him and breathed a sigh of relief.  She took the light rail with him and was texting me emojis, so it looks like she came around.
  • Options
    Saturday I had a social media training meeting. It was awesome, totally blew my mind at the great tools, and made some great networking connections.  Also met someone who tried my patience, but also reminded me why I work in my community and why I work on my communication skills.  Then went to K's roller derby game.  

K was a "foster" which means she was playing for another team that came into town b/c they didn't have enough of their players to fill their roster.  This team also happened to be a team she helped start and skated with for quite a few years.  Let's call this team Away.  Other team is Local (not K's local team, our city has 2 roller derby teams).  There is a woman on Local who, for whatever reason, has always had a beef with K since K started playing 6 years ago.  We'll call her Scary.  

Last year, K started dating Scary's ex.  There were some serious issues, bordering on violence, with Scary against K b/c of this.   K breaks off that relationship, starts dating me.  This should be over, right?  Nope.  K scores a beautiful hit on Scary while Scary is jamming (basically the person scoring points), seriously, textbook perfection, totally clean, that knocks Scary's legs out from under her and brings the jam to an end.  I mean, I was cheering for the hit, until I realized it was Scary.  Scary goes after K the entire rest of the game.  I honestly was afraid there was going to be a fist fight at one point b/c K doesn't back down on the track.  At one point, I looked at my 6'5" very large male friend who was with me and said, "If this goes the way it looks, you realize you and I are going to have to get involved?"  He says, "Yep" and we keep cheering.  It was a really uncomfortable situation.  Nothing every happened that was illegal enough to get either one of them off the track, but it was not a fun time watching.  

Sunday we drove 3 hours to a wedding for 3 hours and drove back 3 more.  Then I had to get up for a 7:20 in the goddamn am photoshoot for work.  So ridiculous.
  • Options

MrsConn that's awesome!!

We had H's 30th birthday party on Saturday. It was a ton of fun and a success, but our Italian was definitely showing. Less than half the food was eaten. We're going to be eating pork and beefs for months. I personally had a slightly difficult time hanging out with both the friends and the family but I think I'm the only one who was hyper aware of the two separate groups.

On Friday I nearly lost my shit at my boss. He has the worst little man syndrome I've ever seen and I'm certain he'd make me wipe his ass for him if there weren't laws against that. He does shit just to make sure everyone knows he's so far above us and we're his slaves. I left 15 minutes early. Just got up and left, not saying anything to anyone because otherwise I probably would have lost it.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    My weekend was uneventful, as usual. It's just too hot to want to leave the house! We cleaned and binge-watched Stranger Things on Netflix. Tonight we may have guests whose power is out at their house and it's over 100 today. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I lost the diamond ring DH gave me for Christmas.  I told him I was sure it will turn up... but I am seriously thinking it's gone forever.  I feel awful about it, even though it's just a thing.

I feel like I didn't sleep at all last night, although I must have because I'm fairly sure exactly zero pink elephants paraded through the bedroom, but I can't be certain because stranger things have happened in the night.

So, because I have been sleeping very poorly the last two weeks and everything just looks AWESOME at 2am, anyway, I laid in bed freaking out about the upcoming move.  DH still hasn't gotten his transfer yet, and it's been almost two months since he started talking to people about it, and I don't want to be the one to say, "Maybe it's time to look for a new job," but maybe it is time.  I can't start working with the relocation people until we know about his job, because that obviously dictates the when and the where, and even though we're already planning for me to move out first, I don't want to get an apartment we can't afford in the area we think we're moving to if we're not actually going to be moving there.  That's just illogical.  I feel like I'm stuck in a do-loop.

Also, the housing market out there sucks.  It's the total pits.

Oh, and my Fitbit has given me this really disgusting rash.  Now I remember why I stopped wearing it.

And the neighbor's mailbox scared the absolute crap out of me this morning.  Again.  I swear, it always looks like a person.

On the plus side, Toothless' x-rays came back showing only marginal progression of his disease, so yay for the little things :smile:

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    I'm glad Toothless is okay @AtomicBlonde, you needed to catch a break. 

On the Fitbit, if it's the band have you tried nail polish on the back?
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, I have not, but that sounds like a great idea.  Thanks! 

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    edited July 2016

Morning, y'all.

This weekend was nice. Saturday I worked out and then DH and I went to his godbrother's birthday pool party. We ate too much and probably drank too much and had a blast. There was cornhole, music, dancing, and of course the pool. It was awesome.

Yesterday I stayed home all day. I slept really bad Saturday night (probably from the Crown) so I was wiped out. I cooked breakfast and dinner and binge watched The Fall on Netflix. OMG so good and so creepy. Now I need a new show.

My officemate is in a mood today. She's a Cancer, if that helps anyone understand what kind of mood I'm talking about. On days like today I wish I had my own office.

ETF words

• Options

@atomicblonde - FI gets a rash on his wrist from his Fitbit if dirt gets under it. I have the One and I clip it to my bra. Works great there.

Sounds like you all had a pretty good weekend. FI and I stayed a the new house for the first time this weekend. It was nice, but definitely a different experience. It's weird to think this is OUR home and we will be here for many years.

Friday, FI bought some furniture for the new house. We bought a headboard and footboard, but it didn't come with a bed frame. Do you know how hard to it to find a bed frame that attaches to the headboard AND footboard? Damn near impossible. I finally found one on Amazon. Will be here on Wednesday.

Saturday was my non-profit's fundraiser. It was a local western bar. SO MUCH FUN!! It started at 2 and ended at 5. In that 3 hour period I had 3 Saloon Mules (blackberry whiskey, ginger beer and a lime twist), I had a pretty good buzz going by the end of it.

Sunday, FI and I got up early to go do registry stuff then Sam's Club. I let FI control the scanner because the damn thing wouldn't work for me :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone's weekend sounds awesome! Stellar time on the bull @mrs.conn23. @charlotte989875, that wedding sounds like a glorious blooper reel! @kimmiinthemitten, congrats on your new treasures and having your H back home! @VarunaTT, K sounds like a badass, lol! @Heffalump, Fniece is a drama queen too. That child can go from giggles to meltdown over nothing in 2 seconds. Love her to death but seriously girl, breathe. Idk where she gets it from (yes, i do. Her daddy) because her mom is as cool as a fan. @AddieCake, I loved that show! @ShesSoCold I hope you had an extra margarita with that 15 minutes, I know I would have needed it. @AtomicBlonde I have faith the ring will show up. That housing situation is frustrating, I am the most impatient when it comes to things like that. Glad to hear Toothless' x-ray was good news

Our weekend was super chill, basically the calm before the storm. Friday, we had a couple jack & cokes and fell asleep around 10, lol. Saturday, we went to REI and lunch. We lounged and worked our way through Homeland for the rest of the day. Sunday, I had my makeup lesson on my favorite horse. She was being a feisty thing and was a challenge in the beginning, worked herself in to a lather, and was still full of energy at the end but it was a good lesson. After I got home, we picked up the house, did some laundry, dishes, etc. while we chatted about the future.

Tonight we have our tasting with our caterer, lol. My family is kindof leaning towards having a party in Oct. but FH needs to make sure he will be able to take at least a couple days off before we commit to that. I am telling my boss today. Mostly so I will have a great excuse to take a few days off in August to go to CO while FH is there. He has never been above the treeline and I really want to be with him when he sees it for the first time. Part of me wants to get married while we are there, elopement stylee. It would be so easy but I know it would make our moms sad. So I am waiting until we get a timeline before I think about it too much. 
    Tomorrow I am picking up my veil. My mom had it stored for 30 years in perfect condition. I had it for like a month before I tore it so it is being repaired. After that I am going to go shopping for a new wedding outfit. I am thinking I want a suit. I can't decide if I want cigarette pants or ultra wide leg. I will probably end up getting both if I can find them and then deciding day of what I want to wear.

Wow. Sorry for the novel.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My weekend started last Wednesday.  I dropped the kids at my folks on Wednesday and came home to start painting.  By Thursday evening DH had built the blanket ladder I've been wanting for ages. I had the laundry room painted, all the trim painted, the patched hallway painted, and the wall painted that used to have a tv and corner shelves.

Friday morning I shopped for a bunch of annoying crap.  We spent the afternoon hanging pictures and installing crap.  Then it was a nice swanky dinner.  My friend is the gm so we got a very nice discount and free dessert. We capped the evening with a visit to Menard's where I found a shelf!

Saturday we got up and hit the Farmer's market.  We had time to look and TASTE for once!!

Yesterday was church then we played around the house.  We had a neighborhood playdate for rising kinderagrteners.  I'm start to think M2 is the only girl.  Oh well

There is also stupid FB drama.  I don't want to do the "post pics of how happy your marriage is or how strong a woman" so I suck.
  • Options
    6fsn said:

There is also stupid FB drama.  I don't want to do the "post pics of how happy your marriage is or how strong a woman" so I suck.
    That is awful. How can someone actually be upset with you for this?!

I started a new true crime book ("The Kurim Case" by Ryan Green) and I am thisclose to writing netflix to tell them to use this for a Making a Murderer season. This guy is flying through this story and there is so much I want expanded on. 
  • Options
    This weekend was stress central because it's invitation crunchtime and we stupidly decided to make them ourselves. We basically spent the entire weekend bitching each other out because it was obviously each others fault that we decided to do this. In the end we are slightly closer to target, but our house has never been cleaner. It's amazing what procrastination can do for the cleanliness of your environment.

On the plus side I bought tickets to see a comedian we both like, on a whim. So now I am sitting on a bench in Leicester Square waiting for FI to meet me for a drink before we head in. I love impromptu date nights!

• Options
    6fsn said:
    My weekend started last Wednesday.  I dropped the kids at my folks on Wednesday and came home to start painting.  By Thursday evening DH had built the blanket ladder I've been wanting for ages. I had the laundry room painted, all the trim painted, the patched hallway painted, and the wall painted that used to have a tv and corner shelves.

Friday morning I shopped for a bunch of annoying crap.  We spent the afternoon hanging pictures and installing crap.  Then it was a nice swanky dinner.  My friend is the gm so we got a very nice discount and free dessert. We capped the evening with a visit to Menard's where I found a shelf!

Saturday we got up and hit the Farmer's market.  We had time to look and TASTE for once!!

Yesterday was church then we played around the house.  We had a neighborhood playdate for rising kinderagrteners.  I'm start to think M2 is the only girl.  Oh well

I also hate the "<insert banal observation about how some illness is a bad thing that we don't want to happen to anyone we love> Most people are will pass by this message without blinking an eye, but those who truly care will repost".

One of my friends is an absolute bugger for this sort of shit. 

• Options
    My weekend went alright.  My exH was supposed to have the oldest 3 kids this weekend, but Friday my oldest ds (13) wanted to stay with me and the babies.  He had a whole plan for spending time with us Saturday.  We went to the flea market for vintage video games, the mall for lunch/look around, indoor playground (his choice b/c he wanted to take the toddler on the slides) got ice cream, planned a surprise for dd1's bday, and bought ds1 some clothes.  Then we went home and fried shrimp for rice and shrimp gravy.  YUM! 

Sunday we played video games, bitched about the latest Warcraft patch (not happy at all) and put 4 broody hens in Chicken Jail.  Hopefully they'll behave when they go back in their regular pen tomorrow.  

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    Re: Facebook. 

I can't stand the push for all these "motherhood" and "love your spouse" challenges. Post what you want but tagging people in them and asking about they don't do it is not. Do what you want on social media, but let me do my own thing, too. 
  • Options
    Got my fingers crossed for you @sparklepants41!!
  • Options
    Oh, man:  my brother is moving to England.  Sigh. 

Bloody hell, I mean.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2016
    Heffalump said:
    Oh, and speaking of Wooz and nuts, DS has picked up the unfortunate habit of going pantsless in the house.  (So far it's just at home, knock on wood.)  When we find him, we get him to put his pants back on, so Wooz alerted us over the weekend by announcing "DS took his pants off again, and I had to see his bottom and his nuts."  I almost died of not-laughing.  We're all anatomically correct, so who taught her "nuts?"
    DefConn calls them his 'nuggets'.  He knows the correct words, but he likes 'nuggets'.  It's pretty inoffensive, as these things go, and hilarious too.

• Options
    Thank you, @mrs.conn, @Heffalump, & @missJeanLouise!

And LOL Heffalump - I will ask him to punch me in the boob. I am cracking up right now imagining the bewildered/concerned look on his face if I actually asked him to do that!
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    Oh, and speaking of Wooz and nuts, DS has picked up the unfortunate habit of going pantsless in the house.  (So far it's just at home, knock on wood.)  When we find him, we get him to put his pants back on, so Wooz alerted us over the weekend by announcing "DS took his pants off again, and I had to see his bottom and his nuts."  I almost died of not-laughing.  We're all anatomically correct, so who taught her "nuts?"
    DefConn calls them his 'nuggets'.  He knows the correct words, but he likes 'nuggets'.  It's pretty inoffensive, as these things go, and hilarious too.

Our niece, who is now a rising junior in HS, went through a (hilarious and embarrassng - yet completely unavoidable) phase when she was 3 of taking off all of her clothes at almost exactly the same time every afternoon. 

SIL (who was not yet my SIL at the time) used to have to time her errands/public afternoon outings so that she'd either be in the car on the way home or already home so that her daughter wouldn't be stripping in public!
  • Options
    Heffa you have me literally LOLing right now at the nuts story. Like Coke almost just came out my nose. 

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Sending lots of positive vibes your way, @sparklepants41

As usual, the weekend went too fast. Went thrifting with our housemate on Saturday (and I actually found some clothes that fit! Score!). Did absolutely nothing on Sunday; I had good intentions about cleaning the house, but the heat got to me. 

Middle-child cat got out at some point during the day. I posted on the neighborhood association Facebook page that he was missing, and a lady one street over posted a pic of him in her yard. He was pissed when I was carrying him home; I guess he liked sitting on the neighbor's porch! He ate a can of wet food by himself, then stole his brother and sister's food. That damn cat nearly gave me a heart attack!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards