Wedding Woes
Options

Monday (Thanksgiving week)

Re: Monday (Thanksgiving week)

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger, that bench is adorable.  We have something similar, though I swapped out the baskets that came with it, because they were flimsy.  I love the upholstery on your cushion.
  • Options
    @Heffalump  Right!? I have literally been eyeing it for MONTHS and of course when I decide to buy it, it JUST comes off sale and I have to pay full price :( But it's worth it because I really wanted it.
    The wicker baskets they suggest look lame and I wanna get something with more colour - like turquoise or maybe even a light grey - that will make it pop :)
  • Options
    @charlotte989875  Ah I completely see why you didn't try to change plans. She probably doesn't realize the last effect on what she said/did had on you and thinks it's cool to go back to normal. Given what happened, I wouldn't be jumping at the chance to see her again either :\
  • Options
    @Heffalump  Right!? I have literally been eyeing it for MONTHS and of course when I decide to buy it, it JUST comes off sale and I have to pay full price :( But it's worth it because I really wanted it.
    The wicker baskets they suggest look lame and I wanna get something with more colour - like turquoise or maybe even a light grey - that will make it pop :)
    If it's within 7 days, take the receipt back to the store and get the difference. Shhh, it's a bit of a secret but they have to honour this. 
  • Options
    If it's within 7 days, take the receipt back to the store and get the difference. Shhh, it's a bit of a secret but they have to honour this. 
    Seriously!? Crap I hope I still have the receipt!
  • Options
    This weekend was very nice.  Friday, instead of the comedy club my friends and I went to a really nice restaurant and hung out at a bar afterwords.  Saturday was a lazy day, the major accomplishment was getting my nails done - and let's be honest.....I didn't do any of it.  I just sat there.  And Sunday was BFF's baby shower, which wasn't as bad as i thought it would be (it was a couples shower with no games so basically a social gathering).

On Saturday I was looking at some diets, and came across "the personal trainer diet" which is a food program.  Like nutrisystem/Jenny Craig type of deal.  I looked at the meals and it is all eggs, protein/meats and vegetables.  I was like, why can't I just low carb on my own dammit?  Why is it so hard to avoid breads/pasta and carbs? 

• Options
    @charlotte989875  Ah I completely see why you didn't try to change plans. She probably doesn't realize the last effect on what she said/did had on you and thinks it's cool to go back to normal. Given what happened, I wouldn't be jumping at the chance to see her again either :\
    Yah, it was pretty messed up. Our friendship will never be like it was, and I've reached the point where that doesn't make me sad. 

She's also said some pretty uncool things in the time since then (like, "If you get pregnant before me I'm not talking to you again") that just solidifies we'll be acquaintances, nothing more. 
  • Options
    Yah, it was pretty messed up. Our friendship will never be like it was, and I've reached the point where that doesn't make me sad. 

She's also said some pretty uncool things in the time since then (like, "If you get pregnant before me I'm not talking to you again") that just solidifies we'll be acquaintances, nothing more. 
    There's one thing to joke about - I've done it with my friends - but I feel like she was serious. Jeez, she's just rude.
  • Options

There's one thing to joke about - I've done it with my friends - but I feel like she was serious. Jeez, she's just rude.
    Oh she was serious. Her and her H have been trying for over a year now. And I really do feel bad that things haven't worked out for them yet. They really do want to have a big family and get started. Well my sister got pregnant pretty much the first or second month they were trying. Friend was happy for them, but last time I saw her she said that, and I'm really not sure she was kidding. 

I know not being pregnant yet is super hard for her, but come on, my uterus has nothing to do with it. 
  • Options

Oh she was serious. Her and her H have been trying for over a year now. And I really do feel bad that things haven't worked out for them yet. They really do want to have a big family and get started. Well my sister got pregnant pretty much the first or second month they were trying. Friend was happy for them, but last time I saw her she said that, and I'm really not sure she was kidding. 

I know not being pregnant yet is super hard for her, but come on, my uterus has nothing to do with it. 
    I wonder what she'll be like if they find out there's bigger issues about getting pregnant? Devil's advocate moment, but maybe she's just feeling stressed it's taking longer and everyone else is getting pregnant but her? Doesn't excuse the attitude, but that could play into it
  • Options
    This weekend was very nice.  Friday, instead of the comedy club my friends and I went to a really nice restaurant and hung out at a bar afterwords.  Saturday was a lazy day, the major accomplishment was getting my nails done - and let's be honest.....I didn't do any of it.  I just sat there.  And Sunday was BFF's baby shower, which wasn't as bad as i thought it would be (it was a couples shower with no games so basically a social gathering).

On Saturday I was looking at some diets, and came across "the personal trainer diet" which is a food program.  Like nutrisystem/Jenny Craig type of deal.  I looked at the meals and it is all eggs, protein/meats and vegetables.  I was like, why can't I just low carb on my own dammit?  Why is it so hard to avoid breads/pasta and carbs? 
    Because carbs are delicious!
  • Options

I wonder what she'll be like if they find out there's bigger issues about getting pregnant? Devil's advocate moment, but maybe she's just feeling stressed it's taking longer and everyone else is getting pregnant but her? Doesn't excuse the attitude, but that could play into it
    I definitely think that's it. She's just having a hard time. Doesn't make what she said any less obnoxious, but at least I understand where it's coming from. 
  • Options
    @AtomicBlonde I do not have a recommended brand. I got mine years ago on QVC when it was the Today's Special Value. It works well but I'm sure most do. I use it every night in the winter and I think it really helps.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Happy Monday everyone!

@charlotte989875 I'm sorry your friend is being so shitty!

@MissKittyDanger I. Love. That. Bench!!!!!

@Heffalump hugs for you and your mom!

This weekend H & I caught up on a bunch of stuff. I had a hair appointment and replaced a pair of riding boots that the NE weather last year destroyed. H did leaves in the yard and I cleaned/did laundry.

We also figured out how we will decorate the exterior of our house for Christmas. We have a white picket fence out front so we are keeping it simple - evergreen garland with white lights and big red bows on the posts. I also want to find inexpensive but pretty topiaries for the front porch. Does anyone have any suggestions?

We are going to H's parents' house for Thanksgiving. I am bringing wine and a pie. It will be a somber TG because the funeral for H's aunt is the next day, but it will be good for all to be with the family.

• Options
    @sparklepants41 sorry for your loss.

I loved your post for your Christmas decoration idea, it sounds so cute.  We add a little more each year.  Don't know what we will add this year.
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten having a family member struggle with addiction is emotionally exhausting, process here any time you need. 

You're not alone in this. I know it's hard to explain the being frustrated at the behavior, but still caring for family dynamic. 
  • Options
    @sparklepants41  thank you! And sorry to hear about your H's aunt :disappointed:
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 sorry for your loss.

I loved your post for your Christmas decoration idea, it sounds so cute.  We add a little more each year.  Don't know what we will add this year.
    Thank you. 

And thank you re: Christmas! Technically this is our second Christmas in our house, but considering we moved into our house the Saturday before Christmas last year (which I do NOT recommend LOL) we are treating it as our first. Our  neighborhood has a decorations contest and the whole place looks like a winter wonderland come December 1, and since all we had last year was a wreath, we wanted to step up our game this year.
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten hugs for you. I don't have any experience in this area, but you have my support. 

• Options

@kimmiinthemitten, hugs.  I'm so sorry.  Process away.

• Options
    Oh @kimmiinthemitten, I am so sorry :( I can't even imagine how hard that must be. I have a younger brother too, so I do understand that connection and love though. Sending lots of hugs your way. Feel free to vent any time.

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2016
    The dry air is killing me. I never thought I'd wish for higher humidity. I've had three nose bleeds since Friday and one overnight bleed was so bad I had to chuck a pillowcase.  If this continues, I may see a doctor. 

We're seeing DH's family for Thanksgiving.  I'm not unexcited, but I'm just so burned out on life I'd much rather stay home and hide for a while.

We didn't do much this weekend. Watched the Browns lose (again), did some more unpacking (I'm just shoving shit in bins and putting them in the attic now), prepped some meals for the week, and watched some of our DVRd shows (we have 11% free now! Yay us!).  I have a half day Wednesday and I'm off Friday.

Have you tried one of those tabletop humidifiers? I LOVE mine.
    Get a Pure Guardian!  We have 3 and love them.  They don't have filters or anything.  You just fill the tank and go.  

ETA:  The only drawback to them is that if you get too much steam going, it may set up your fire alarm. 
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten  I can imagine the exhaustion you're going through - mental, physical and emotional kind - but it's good you have people on your side about his issues. Is Hep C curable? I'm not sure. Hopefully he gets help with his medical issues :( Please keep us posted
  • Options
    Wow @kimmiinthemitten! I can't imagine. Hugs to you.
  • Options
    Urg! So news on M's job issues ....

Apparently the company is being acquired by a parent company, that's what's causing the whole payroll issue.
    They said Friday might be earliest they get paid, but because we have mortgage coming out this weekend he talked to his HR department to even get some of the pay ahead of time to ensure that gets paid. The company said if money is needed for basics before they get around to doing full pays, that HR can help. If it were a few months away, it wouldn't be an issue because we could build our savings more :(

Plan tonight is M is shoveling, I'm going to boil some water in case he wants a hot drink when he's in, and putting together leftovers for dinner. Afterwards he's sending out more resumes.

Stupid company ... grrr

In good news, the recruiter who he's been speaking to with a few times said she should hopefully here about a potential place early this week. So good things could be on horizon!

I'm trying to be positive.
  • Options

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    I need a place to process where people aren't fatigued by my brother, so forgive me for using this space.

My brother is a recovering drug addict. He's been drug sober for about 7-8 months continuous now and started his road to recovery 2 years ago. He doesn't attend meetings, have a sponsor, work a program and still drinks. He also still doesn't have his GED or license. But he's clean, and has a job and for him that's huge progress. I learned to recognize my enabling ways and stop them when he entered rehab. But lately my NarAnon group has been super melodramatic and unhealthy so I quit. Plus FI and BFF are sick of brother drama, which is fair, they are team Kim not team Brother. 

Well he called Friday and I ignored it because it's always something and I didn't want to deal with it. Well it's Hepatitis C. He donated plasma and they called and told him. He said they also said he's in liver failure, but I wasn't on the call so I'm not sure if he is or if he is just at risk and freaking out. 

I am so fatigued by the roller coaster that comes with drug addiction, but I don't know how to deal with this. He is 25 for god sakes. And when he's sober he's funny, and loving and smart and at the end of the day he's still my brother and I find value in him even when others don't. 

Thanks to ACA he has health insurance and is trying to use that to get into a walk in for testing and a referral.  I'm waiting for him to call me back and let me know what they say but I can't just hold this in at work. 

Thanks for letting me unload. 
    <3 to you. Unloading is good for you. I'd be willing to bet they told him he should follow up because he was at risk for liver failure, or that if he doesn't follow up he could develop liver failure, and not that he has it. I don't believe they routinely check liver function during a plasma donation. Lots of people live long and healthy lives with Hep C. Occasionally it's even the kick in the ass they need to get their shit together.

My weekend was boring. H worked a 24 hour shift on Friday and then slept for (I'm not exaggerating) 24 of the next 30 hours. That's not usual for him. He woke up with a headache today. He's probably getting the man flu.

We are both working on Thanksgiving, so we are having dinner with his family on Wednesday, and with mine on Saturday. I love to cook big meals, and I always do the big dinner for my family, so I'm looking forward to that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers