Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

16.10.11 REVIEWS Part 3 -- Brianna Michelle Beauty (Beauty by Bri)

Only a few more vendors left. :)

<b>Brianna Michelle Beauty (Beauty by Bri)</b>
Originally, I had planned on bringing my own HMUA to the wedding, as one of my oldest friends is one. We'd done our trial and everything, but unfortunately, she got scheduled for surgery and wasn't able to attend, which meant I started panicking and looking for a hair and makeup artist two months before.

I went through every referred makeup artist on these forums, going back to probably 2010. I went through everyone I could find on the Knot, everyone on WeddingWire, Facebook searches, everyone I could find on the first 3 pages of Google, and I even joined the Facebook group Las Vegas Wedding Community to find one (well, technically, I was doing that for a photographer, too). 

I found a lot of really terrible ones, and some that looked really good; I had my friend go through the portfolios of everyone I was considering, as well. I wrote everyone a giant email explaining who I am, what I was looking for, and examples of what I liked (here's the Pinterest board, for curiosity):
https://www.pinterest.com/edencarlsen/eden-+-daniel-makeup-inspiration-board/ 

I contacted COUNTLESS makeup artists. Literally, countless. I was hoping to find someone that no one on these boards always gets referred to, to try and give the opportunity for another makeup artist to shine, and to give an opportunity for new businesses to get some exposure. Finally, after no luck, I contacted the usual favorites: Stevee Danielle (never replied), Makeup in the 702 (wanted to charge me a $250 early morning fee for a $150 appointment), and Brianna Michelle Beauty.

Bri was the only one who replied to my email who let me know my Pinterest link wasn't working (after emailing dozens of people!), gave me feedback on what she liked and, most importantly, <u>she was the only makeup artist to ask me for a selfie/photo of what I looked like</u>. She also asked me about hair, my dress, etc., as well as other important questions like lighting, etc. Instantly, I was impressed! And, as an added bonus, my original HMUA picked her as a favorite, too. :)

My work had me suddenly in Vegas a month before our wedding, and with less than two weeks' notice, I was able to book a trial with Bri. We were at the Rio for a trade show, which is a terrible hotel with terrible lighting. We did both hair and makeup, and we were able to figure out what I wanted to change, and I test ran it while doing some photo scouting. I was also able to email Bri and give her my feedback on what I liked and didn't like at the end of the night.

I ended up doing three different appointments with Bri: One for my trial, one for our portraits on Monday morning, and one for our wedding on Tuesday night. Our best lady and maid of honor also used her for hair and makeup/just makeup for the wedding date. My wedding look and photos were completely different, but they're amazing.

Bri's really enjoyable to talk to, super passionate, and really, very obviously loves what she does. I couldn't have made a better choice and now I know why she's always such a favorite on the boards.