• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Wedding Woes

OMG, now Carrie Fisher has passed away

WTF is up with this year???

I just texted DH this morning that if he and the kids need some downtime this afternoon, Episode IV is pretty family friendly. 

She wasn't even that old.

Re: OMG, now Carrie Fisher has passed away

• I just saw that on the news!  She was only 60, but died from cardiac arrest.  Such a shame.  She was so young for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom South Jersey member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    2016 can just suck it.  Why is it taking all of the fun/good celebrities????
    OurWildKingdomcharlotte989875
  • lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its
    Nothing like all the pop culture people you grew up dying off to make  you feel old.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    short+sassyMesmrEwe
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    It's so sad and definitely is making me feel both nostalgic and old. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Fame, money, and Hollywood (especially being Hollywood royalty) is a heavy load to carry for a lady who was only 19 when she did the first Star Wars movie.  She had issues with alcohol and drug abuse throughout her life, as well as bi-polar disorder.
    So sad.  She was such a bright and intelligent lady with a great sens of humor.  I get the impression that she didn't wake up after her massive heart attack.  She will be greatly missed.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
    MesmrEwe
  • Now her Mom is gone, too.  Debbie Reynolds had a stroke while discussing her daughter's funeral arrangements with her son.  Debbie and Carrie are still together.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
    short+sassy
  • CMGragain said:
    Now her Mom is gone, too.  Debbie Reynolds had a stroke while discussing her daughter's funeral arrangements with her son.  Debbie and Carrie are still together.

My H and I were talking about that this morning.  I saw that Debbie Reynolds had died yesterday, but had totally forgotten she was Carrie Fisher's mom until my H reminded me.

So much grief for that family!  It's really sad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • With this I had the "It's a small world after all" - Todd and his wife are friends with several of my friends...  Granted, the industry is rather tight but I can't imagine what he and his wife are going through right now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker