Wedding Woes
Options

Happy V DAY!

Any plans?  The only plan here is that it's Taco Tuesday, because I show love through tacos. 

I found a new podcast I've been bingeing.  And all my podcasts have new eps.  And Netflix just released like, 3 new specials and the second season of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.  I HAVE NO TIME! :D 

DefConn and I did his valentines last night and it was so damn cute.  He was very serious about picking out the 'right' one for each classmate. I also sang him "my funny valentine", and he giggle the whole time. 

The kiddo's a working man now.  His first day was yesterday. 

I think I have PMS.  I've been cranky and had a bit of anxiety that last few days, plus everything in my head is all, "WHY is this happening to ME?!" when it's really minor shit.  So, I'll brain swap with anyone .  :D 

Re: Happy V DAY!

• Options
    @mrsconn23  #LoveandTacos

Watched the recent ep of John Oliver last night. Omg ... lol
    Then finally got to show M the Melissa McCarthy as Sean Spicer :')

I've been craving chocolate milk lately, and we have no syrup so I'm just drinking a lot of milk .... it's not working. So I'm going to buy some with groceries on Thursday.

We're not doing vday today since it's Tuesday. Typically we buy dinner with groceries, so instead we're going to get dinner. Breakfast food obv :') Rockin Johnny's is down the street from us, and they have all day breakfast {AND GREAT WAFFLES!} so we'll just walk up after doing groceries.

They've been playing love songs on the radio. M and I walked down the aisle to "Can't Help Falling In Love" cover by Twenty-One Pilots {not the studio version!} and closest thing we'll ever get to having a wedding song on radio, is the Elvis version. {our first dance was "I'll Follow You" by Shinedown lol}

I was just finishing feeding the cats this morning, and I heard the Elvis version on the radio, then launched myself upstairs to snuggle M during the song. :D lmfao

Today is pretty busy at work, so I may not be back on much. I'll try though! :)
  • Options
    My morning has been pretty rough.  Twiggy skidded into his massive water bowl and sent the damn thing FLYING--literally--through the air and flooded the kitchen.  Water everywhere.  On the walls, all over the kitchen floor, on the table, the rugs, the kitchen island... I mean, I'm glad it was only water, but I had not had it in mind to clean my floors at 4AM.  They're clean, though.

Then, my washing machine gave me an error message halfway through the load of towels I was doing.  DH cleaned the debris filter after I left, but didn't get a chance to test the washer, so crossing my fingers that was all it needed.

Bad things happen in threes, so I'm just waiting for the other foot to fall.

No plans for tonight, which is fine by me.  DH is going to cook, and we're going out to dinner Saturday at a local place he found.  We are such slackers.  I gave him a giant Captain America mug.  He gave me a punny dish towel set (not this one, but similar--it CRACKED me up... hahaha, I'll see myself out...).  I did leave him a little love note on our chalkboard in the mudroom, and that's as close as I'll get to an actual card this year.  A rose, and a heart, for our first dance ("Rose of My Heart," by Johnny Cash).

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    @AtomicBlonde  omg that towel set :')
  • Options
    No plans.  6let has soccer practice and DH has to be at work by 5 am tomorrow.  6let and M2 had their parties at school last week.  6let brought home full on goody bags of shit.  It's all too much.  Max has his party today and he's upset they said no candy.  I'm stoked.  I'm seeing some pictures of Vday gifts to kids thinking "I got them a card from last years boxes and $5 to McDonald's.  Sucks to be my kid."

• Options
    We don't have plans. I'm at work although not feeling well this morning - think I may have gotten the bug that Wolverine had last week. DK sent flowers to the office yesterday, but since I stayed home sick, I got them this morning. Super sweet. I'll probably stop on the way home and get him a nice bottle of whiskey or scotch - kind of phoning it in, but I know he'll enjoy it.  

• Options

I ended up having an impromptu Gal-entine's Day last night.  My friend and I went to the Melting Pot for Happy Hour.  BOGO cheese and chocolate fondues.  $3 glasses of wine.  Good stuff!  I hadn't seen her in a long time and it was nice to catch up.  Bonus that our waiter was super cute.  He had a small blond handlebar mustache.  Normally not my thing, but it was a touch of charm on him.  AND he had an Australian accent.  My friend and I were melting all right ;) (pun intended).

For tonight, my H and I are going to the Harrahs Buffet.  Normally NOT my favorite place to go.  Their food is mediocre, at best.  But they have lobster on the buffet tonight, which they rarely do, and I have a coupon for two free buffets.  Score!

Just another super slow, boring day at work.  I'm thinking about randomly taking tomorrow off.  I have a lot of vacation time and it would be nice to break up the monotony.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No big plans. H is cooking, we're both skipping the gym so we can actually see each other in the evening. It's going to be a busy weekend (heading to Buffalo for the sister's baby shower) so we're just enjoying the quiet of our own house tonight. 
  • Options
    I keep sending M some cheesy pictures.

This is one of them

• Options
    Heffalump said:

What's the new podcast, mrs.conn???

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/esther-ludlow/once-upon-a-crime

It's a crime podcast, of course.  But she covers big cases and groups them into 'series' with 'chapters'.  

Also, DefConn couldn't bring candy (stupid school rules).  :(  He gave out valentines with tattoos.  

And the kiddo I think realized real quick that work is *work*.  He came home last night and crashed before 9pm.  :D 
  • Options
    Nothing big planned for tonight. We're getting food to go from one of our favorite places and watching a movie at home. 

We woke up to the kitten throwing up, which she's never done before. I gave her flea medication yesterday, so it's probably that. I need to keep an eye on her. I swear, if she's one of those pets that can't handle any medication....poor thing. 

Today the plumber and termite guys are coming over since yesterday didn't work out. I'm not looking forward to it. I experience sexism on a pretty regular basis, but it seems to be especially bad whenever a "man's" task is involved. The last time the termite guy was over he told me my husband should call instead because men are better at making deals. I also know exactly what is wrong with the tub, so if I get any shit on that front I'll lose it.

Otherwise, I'm just working on a stat midterm and a research paper. SO woke up at five, which meant I woke up at five, so now I'm just trying to get through a leg workout at the gym. Help. Lol. 

• Options
    levioosa said:

Today the plumber and termite guys are coming over since yesterday didn't work out. I'm not looking forward to it. I experience sexism on a pretty regular basis, but it seems to be especially bad whenever a "man's" task is involved. The last time the termite guy was over he told me my husband should call instead because men are better at making deals. I also know exactly what is wrong with the tub, so if I get any shit on that front I'll lose it.

SITB - the last contractor who pulled that crap when he showed up to bid a job got kicked out of the house. 

One of the painters on our remodel got on his high horse about "you can't speak to me like that, I'm a white christian man." (i told him that some of the stuff he did - specifically stuff he did to cut corners and not fulfill the contract looked awful and needed to be corrected) - yeah, that comment was basically the last straw and he got fired, too. 
  • Options
    banana468 said:
    I came back from my shower this morning to a heart shaped box of Hershey chocolates on my pillow.   Love you DH!

He picked up a small box of Frozen chocolates and a snow owl Beanie Boo for Chiquita.   She was SUPER EXCITED that now she and her friends can all be "Beanie Boo Grandmas".  

I think dinner tonight will be rib eye steak and wine - not sure what else but really, does there need to be? 
    I giggled. That's too funny and cute!
  • Options
    No big vday plans for us, FI is at work, he gets home Thursday so maybe he'll do a little something then. He'll probably send some flowers or something, but he does that lots anyways so its not really a special occasion thing. I swear he likes having fresh flowers in the house more than I do.

Tomorrow I'm going to the dentist to get my mouthguard impressions done, apparently I've become a grinder :( Hopefully it helps with the headache/neck aches I've been waking up with lately. Super annoyed with the fact that they can't just give me a solid price for it. No matter how I word the question, the response I get is "We collect $130 up front to cover lab fees", OK cool but how much is it going to cost me AFTER that? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    drid said:
    No big vday plans for us, FI is at work, he gets home Thursday so maybe he'll do a little something then. He'll probably send some flowers or something, but he does that lots anyways so its not really a special occasion thing. I swear he likes having fresh flowers in the house more than I do.

Tomorrow I'm going to the dentist to get my mouthguard impressions done, apparently I've become a grinder :( Hopefully it helps with the headache/neck aches I've been waking up with lately. Super annoyed with the fact that they can't just give me a solid price for it. No matter how I word the question, the response I get is "We collect $130 up front to cover lab fees", OK cool but how much is it going to cost me AFTER that? 
    That's super annoying. My dentist just priced out a procedure I'm not even having for another month or so, just so I'd know how much it will be. If you have insurance this should be pretty easy, no?
  • Options

Morning all.

I woke up almost totally unable to turn my head. I don't know what I did, but I am in so.much.pain. Like the kind of pain where if I breathe in too deeply I'm about to scream. It hurts right under my right shoulder blade all the way up to my neck. This happens about once a year and usually leaves me miserable for about a week. Here's hoping it doesn't last that long this time.

No plans tonight. DH is still out of town and unless it storms in Atlanta I'll be spending V Day with my dogs. I'm planning a trip to see him on Friday. We can celebrate it then. He and I always laugh because my visits to wherever he is are basically glorified booty calls. Lol.

Other than that, SSDD. If I had more PTO I would have called in today. Sitting up is like torture. So I'm all bitter about that right now.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    No plans at the moment. This is going to be a quiet V-Day for us.

Can you all please send some positive vibes and thoughts to FW? She's having a rough morning with her PTSD and depression, and she had a panic attack earlier. I appreciate all of you -- thanks!
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger we watched John Oliver last night too - we were CRYING laughing! I cannot wait for next Sunday's episode!

@AtomicBlonde I love those dish towels! 

@thefanciestbeckler I'm so sorry you are in so much pain! Is there anything you can do that makes it better? Or at least somewhat tolerable? 

We don't really have plans tonight. We agreed to only get each other small gifts so I got H a craft beer recipe book and a gift card to the local craft brewing supply store. We both have three-day weekends next weekend so we are planning on going out for either lunch or dinner on one of the three days and perhaps seeing a movie. I'm happy we are keeping it super low-key. 
  • Options

@thefanciestbeckler, I'm sorry you're in so much pain :(.  It's too bad you don't have much PTO time, so you could at least stay home.

@OurWildKingdom, all the hugs and prayers to your FW!  I hope she starts feeling better soon.  Did something happen to bring on her depression/PTSD?  Or did it just flare up?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Morning all.

I woke up almost totally unable to turn my head. I don't know what I did, but I am in so.much.pain. Like the kind of pain where if I breathe in too deeply I'm about to scream. It hurts right under my right shoulder blade all the way up to my neck. This happens about once a year and usually leaves me miserable for about a week. Here's hoping it doesn't last that long this time.

No plans tonight. DH is still out of town and unless it storms in Atlanta I'll be spending V Day with my dogs. I'm planning a trip to see him on Friday. We can celebrate it then. He and I always laugh because my visits to wherever he is are basically glorified booty calls. Lol.

Other than that, SSDD. If I had more PTO I would have called in today. Sitting up is like torture. So I'm all bitter about that right now.

Oh no! Sending healing vibes!
  • Options
    @OurWildKingdom  vibes for your FW <3 never easy to deal with
  • Options

@thefanciestbeckler, I'm sorry you're in so much pain :(.  It's too bad you don't have much PTO time, so you could at least stay home.

@OurWildKingdom, all the hugs and prayers to your FW!  I hope she starts feeling better soon.  Did something happen to bring on her depression/PTSD?  Or did it just flare up?

I wish I knew. I think it's seasonal; the last two years she's been depressed in the winter. I hate when she's hurting; I feel powerless to help very much. All I can really do is listen and be there.
  • Options

@OurWildKingdom praying for your FW! Hugs to both of you.

@sparklepants41 usually I rotate heat and ice and take a muscle relaxer. After a few hours those things will bring it down to tolerable level. But I can't really do either of those at work lol, so I'll have to wait til I get home. I took a prescription ibuprofen earlier but it didn't even touch it :(

• Options
    My sweet sister asked me to go to dinner. She celebrated with the hubby on Saturday because he has to work late tonight.
    That's awesome!
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    levioosa said:

SITB - the last contractor who pulled that crap when he showed up to bid a job got kicked out of the house. 

One of the painters on our remodel got on his high horse about "you can't speak to me like that, I'm a white christian man." (i told him that some of the stuff he did - specifically stuff he did to cut corners and not fulfill the contract looked awful and needed to be corrected) - yeah, that comment was basically the last straw and he got fired, too. 
    Unfortunately we don't have any flexibility with these contractors because it has to do with the warranty that came with the house. If we hired someone and they said that shit, they would be gone in two seconds. But the warranty only contracts out to this company so we're stuck. And my dad could do it, but then we'd be out a few hundred dollars instead of $75. The same thing is happening with the termite company (although we can't do that work ourselves). I expected it though because of some cultural differences. Our punishment is to have them come out every time we see a termite because it's covered under the warranty and we don't pay them anything for the trip. Maybe we can bug them into just tenting the house. Lol

• Options
    We usually do low key Valentine's Day.  We exchange cards and then have a limit on $1 to spend on something else.  I got a little heart shaped box of chocolates this morning and I got DH a little bag of chocolate hearts.  We're doing dinner at a local Chinese place tonight.