Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!!

2»

Re: Thursday!!

• Options
    Joney said:
    I love Thursdays.

DH and I are headed to Rome for a long weekend.  We're celebrating our five year dating anniversary.  My friend is house/dog sitting for us, but she's quite allergic to our cat.  So tonight the cat is off to DH's friend, and I get to de-cat hair the house....

@MissKittyDanger love pics.  I went to Carleton for my BA, so definitely making me a bit nostalgic for those days!
    Jealous of the weekend trip to Rome -- sounds fabulous!

Slow day at work. I've been alternating between actual work and looking at senior apartment complexes and houses. I love our current house, but there are too many stairs for FMIL, and the dog needs a fenced yard.

We got some wet snow last night, so I skipped my art journaling group and went straight home. Can't wait for winter weather to be over (which in Ohio, could mean April or even May).

Tonight is my meditation meeting -- yay! After that, I really need to start reading my book club book.

@MissKittyDanger, those pics are amazing!
    So much this! 

Also, all the groups you're involved in sound really cool; between the Humanist meeting and a meditation meeting, they sound super interesting. 
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Joney said:
    I love Thursdays.

DH and I are headed to Rome for a long weekend.  We're celebrating our five year dating anniversary.  My friend is house/dog sitting for us, but she's quite allergic to our cat.  So tonight the cat is off to DH's friend, and I get to de-cat hair the house....

@MissKittyDanger love pics.  I went to Carleton for my BA, so definitely making me a bit nostalgic for those days!
    Jealous of the weekend trip to Rome -- sounds fabulous!

Slow day at work. I've been alternating between actual work and looking at senior apartment complexes and houses. I love our current house, but there are too many stairs for FMIL, and the dog needs a fenced yard.

We got some wet snow last night, so I skipped my art journaling group and went straight home. Can't wait for winter weather to be over (which in Ohio, could mean April or even May).

Tonight is my meditation meeting -- yay! After that, I really need to start reading my book club book.

@MissKittyDanger, those pics are amazing!
    So much this! 

Also, all the groups you're involved in sound really cool; between the Humanist meeting and a meditation meeting, they sound super interesting. 
    They are! FW's been very encouraging; she says, "A busy OWK is a happy OWK." 

My Mom told me once that it snowed one Memorial Day weekend in the 1970s. 
  • Options
    Also, how long does it take to hear about a job in non-academic fields?! I hate waiting. 
  • Options
    Also, how long does it take to hear about a job in non-academic fields?! I hate waiting. 

Some companies take forever to make a decision from my experience. I hope you get this one! I'd be bugging the crap out of them til I got an answer :)

• Options

Some companies take forever to make a decision from my experience. I hope you get this one! I'd be bugging the crap out of them til I got an answer :)
    Is there an appropriate timeline to follow-up? 

(I'm super impatient, the deadline was only Feb. 5)
  • Options

I'd go ahead and follow up now. Even if it's just an email or phone call letting them know how interested you are in working there, etc. Stuff like that will make you stand out more as a candidate.

• Options
    Oh also, please notice that I am now sporting a fancy 2 year badge. Movin on up!
    I noticed that! I got mine last week which was just after DD got engaged two years ago.
  • Options

I'd go ahead and follow up now. Even if it's just an email or phone call letting them know how interested you are in working there, etc. Stuff like that will make you stand out more as a candidate.
    I second this - I would reach out via email and reiterate your interest - but also say something to the effect of "please don't hesitate to reach out if you have questions for me or if I can provide you with additional information..."
  • Options
    Oh also, please notice that I am now sporting a fancy 2 year badge. Movin on up!
    I noticed that! I got mine last week which was just after DD got engaged two years ago.
    Woohoo!! Go us @ILoveBeachMusic!!

• Options
    Well, I just need to learn to be patient, because I just got an email for an interview!
    Yay!!!!!!! That is awesome news!!!!! Congratulations :smile:

• Options
    Oh, and @6fsn, I tried the new headphones last night, and I really like them!  The sound quality is excellent, and they're comfy.
  • Options
    Well, I just need to learn to be patient, because I just got an email for an interview!
    Yay!!!!!!! That is awesome news!!!!! Congratulations :smile:
    Thanks! Even more reasons for happy dance gifs. 
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Woo-hoo!!!!!!!

• Options
    levioosa said:
    @drid Fingers crossed for you! And let us know if the house lives up to your expectations once you see it in real life.

Slow week at work for me. Spent the first 45 minutes at work researching why my Fitbit Alta is making a clicking noise and ended up being eligible for a replacement. I also have H making phone calls to get quotes for furnaces and installation. We have one quote so far but without comparison I have no idea if it's reasonable or not. Tomorrow night is a stop at Sherwin Williams to pick out paint for the stairwell and hallway that's getting painted next week so I'm researching popular neutral paint colors. Super exciting adult stuff going on.

Looking forward to a three day weekend coming up. It's supposed to be in the 50s so H plans to ride his fat bike on Saturday and go for a 15 mile run on Sunday, so I'll have lots of time to myself this weekend and still have time for us to spend together on Monday. I'm going to see if H wants to take me wine tasting.
    So, and what was your furnaces quotes? cause I used denver furnace replacement http://www.summitheatingco.com/denver-furnace-replacement/ and I'm satisfied with their work. When my furnace broke down I was really shocked, but those guys were very fast. To my mind, they are very reliable and not expensive
    @KnotRiley weirdest vendor alert 
    So bizarre!
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    @drid Fingers crossed for you! And let us know if the house lives up to your expectations once you see it in real life.

Slow week at work for me. Spent the first 45 minutes at work researching why my Fitbit Alta is making a clicking noise and ended up being eligible for a replacement. I also have H making phone calls to get quotes for furnaces and installation. We have one quote so far but without comparison I have no idea if it's reasonable or not. Tomorrow night is a stop at Sherwin Williams to pick out paint for the stairwell and hallway that's getting painted next week so I'm researching popular neutral paint colors. Super exciting adult stuff going on.

Looking forward to a three day weekend coming up. It's supposed to be in the 50s so H plans to ride his fat bike on Saturday and go for a 15 mile run on Sunday, so I'll have lots of time to myself this weekend and still have time for us to spend together on Monday. I'm going to see if H wants to take me wine tasting.
    So, and what was your furnaces quotes? cause I used denver furnace replacement http://www.summitheatingco.com/denver-furnace-replacement/ and I'm satisfied with their work. When my furnace broke down I was really shocked, but those guys were very fast. To my mind, they are very reliable and not expensive
    So bizarre!

I thought the same thing. I'm really scratching my head over that one.

• Options
    levioosa said:

So bizarre!

levioosa said:

So bizarre!

At least her first vendor post was about honeymoons so it was remotely related. Now I'm just trying to figure out if this vendor is actually more of a hacker/malware type deal. There's no way one vendor has a honeymoon resort, Denver furnace repair, and essay typing service. 

• Options
    VarunaTT said:
    I just bought these for K, b/c she had been drooling over them and she needs a pick me up.  I figured Barbie would approve:

Other than that, SSDD.
    Awesome! I wore the sparkly docs on Saturday and Sunday.