Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday!!

DH is on his three day weekend.  Jerk.  ;)  I'm playing hooky tomorrow afternoon so we can have a lunch date.  

I have Easter all purchased.  Now I just have to put baskets together (5 total, 3 for my nephews and 2 for my kids) and get the eggs filled for the hunt. 

I also need to make my list for DefConn's party food.  

Other than that, SSDD.  

Re: Thursday!!

• Options
    I've been home with a sick baby since Tuesday morning. I took him to the doctor Tuesday afternoon and he has a tummy bug, ear infection, and three molars coming in. If I don't work today, I don't get paid for tomorrow, so MIL is watching him today. He probably won't be able to go to daycare tomorrow since he's still running a fever today. I've enjoyed all our snuggle time, though.

H had a talk with his boss about a possible promotion. They're hiring from within and there's only two candidates, H and another guy. The big boss told H that the other guy is lacking in some areas and H is the front runner for the job. It's a pretty big raise and more in bonuses, too.

I have two interviews next week. Neither of them are in ideal locations for me, but they both have great benefits. The one that I'd really like is specifically looking for a recent grad (me) who has some accounting experience (me, again) and after 90 days, it's a requirement to WFH 3 days a week. Score! And it's for a company that owns a bunch of restaurants.
  • Options
    @mrsconn23  I'm on a 3 day weekend too ;) Enjoy your lunch date though! :)

@DrillSergeantCat  Vibes for your H and poor little one :( healing vibes for Mouse!

So last night I mopped. Dear gawd, I'm pretty grateful M wasn't home partly because I was raging at the damn thing!
    First I couldn't get the actual mop on, then on the ringer I didn't realize there was a plug. I get why they designed it that way, but the instructions didn't say anything about it and I didn't see it. At least it was clean water and pinesol everywhere .... *sigh* It's done though. Cats wouldn't stay out of the living room .... like ffs I moved your shit so you wouldn't need to be there!

Down side is that it was chilly last night, so I couldn't leave the patio open to air out the living room long.

Since tomorrow we have family coming for dinner, I've got M doing cleaning things - like hang frames, shake the dirty front hall mat, etc - and we have to do groceries tonight.

Tomorrow before they come over will probably be last minute cleaning, like run a vacuum, move the shelf and make sure M has moved his crap from the living room so people can sit.

Saturday I'm making french toast and probably some cinnamon, pan fried bananas. We'll likely just chill and watch a movie.

Sunday is suppose to thunderstorm, but we're going to M's aunt and uncle's for dinner. I think we're picking up BIL and his gf also ....
  • Options
    Good luck, @DrillSergeantCat and MrDSC!

Motivation today is at an all-time low.  It's really quiet here today because most people have taken a long weekend, so there's not much going on to grab and hold my interest.  Tomorrow, at least, is a half day.

DH is on his way to NOLA (booo), so I probably won't hear from him til he gets back to the airport on Sunday (I'm exaggerating... a little...).  I hope he has fun.  My plans for the weekend are going to be far less fun, but will hopefully involve a lot of time in a chair with a book.  I am going to do some serious meal/freezer food prep while he's gone, which I can hopefully bang out tonight and tomorrow.  I've been planning my grocery list and meals for a solid month.  I finally perfected my sandwich bread recipe, so I'm going to throw a few loaves in the freezer, too.

Other than that, it really is SSDD.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    Hope Mouse feels better soon @DrillSergeantCat @MissKittyDanger French toast is my favorite so I will be over around 10 ;) 

I slept for 12 hours last night and I hope you get the same @atomicblonde . I barely hear from DH while he is out of town either, but having him gone is it's own kind of relaxing.

Today I cleaned, cleaned, cleaned.... slowly, surely. Not much going on this weekend, by choice. 
  • Options
    FX for your DH @DrillSergeantCat
    @misskittydanger, your cats wanted to go into the living room because they knew you didn't want them in the living room. :)  
    @atomicblonde, you have a lot of motivation with the cooking! Good luck. It's something I should do since I have a lot of hubby-less nights and could use freezer meals. 

Yesterday was national grilled cheese day, so I made one with the bread in my house. Gluten free.  Not so good.  Plus, the cheese I used was nasty, so I threw 1/2 of it out, and went with noodles and triscuits instead.

Since She's So Cold doesn't post as much, I'm going to take her place and cheer on the Chicago Blackhawks for her!  First Play off game is tonight.  going to probably uber it to a bar with DH and enjoy ourselves and the game.

Tomorrow is some day drinking with old coworkers.

Saturday nada.

Sunday Aladdin the musical! 

• Options
    @missJeanLouise excellent! Want to pick up some berries on your way? That'd be lovely :)

@CharmedPam  Urg story of my life LMAO! Like children - "no don't got there" "we should go there!" Then Angel gives a face because his feet are wet. No, stupid cat, turn around and get off wet floor.
  • Options
    I finally had a decent night's sleep last night.  I feel quite a bit better, but still have a deficit to make up.

I'm having some activist burnout, but it's not from the regular avenues.  It's b/c of a specific person, again.  I hate that narcissist bullies always seem to be attracted to activism.  It's just bad timing for burnout since Pride is up and running fast.

I don't think I have anything on the burner that's exciting, just work.
  • Options
    Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! One of my interviews just got cancelled. They hired someone else already. I'm getting nothing but rejection after rejection and it's starting to hurt.
  • Options
    Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! One of my interviews just got cancelled. They hired someone else already. I'm getting nothing but rejection after rejection and it's starting to hurt.
    I'm sorry, DrillSergeantCat, that is so frustrating :(  Hopefully the right thing comes up - and quickly - and you'll be happy about all these rejections! 

• Options
    I'm sorry, DrillSergeantCat, that is so frustrating :(  Hopefully the right thing comes up - and quickly - and you'll be happy about all these rejections! 
    I know that I'm being rejected because they're not the one I'm supposed to have, I just want to at least get an interview!
  • Options
    I'm not sure how the holy hell this happened.....but my wedding dress managed to be delivered to Jamaica, NY.....not New Freedom, PA.  Thank God I'm not getting married until March.
    Met: 5/4/16
    Dating: 6/21/16
    Engaged: 3/20/17
    Wedding: 2/24/18
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Normal sort of day.

There will be a conversation in our home tonight though.  6let has started to watch Survivor.  Last night's tribal was like nothing I've ever seen before.  I have no idea what 6let knows/doesn't know, but this is going to open a lot of conversation.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Normal sort of day.

There will be a conversation in our home tonight though.  6let has started to watch Survivor.  Last night's tribal was like nothing I've ever seen before.  I have no idea what 6let knows/doesn't know, but this is going to open a lot of conversation.
    Could that be potentially a good thing, or are you dreading it?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    6fsn said:
    Normal sort of day.

Both.  It's a good thing because it's a necessary conversation.  I'm dreading it though because I'm always afraid to say the wrong thing.
  • Options
    I have no idea where today went. I'm about to get a draft out the door, and that's pretty much the extent of my week. 

It's about 6,000 degrees in my office building. Last time that happened the thermometer on the roof was telling the HVAC system it was 6 degrees out, when it was actually in the 70s. But the chef downstairs decided to throw an impromptu ice cream sundae party, so that kind of makes up for the tropical conditions. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    On Easter baskets- The kids are getting $5 headphones, a pack of pokemon cards, and fundip.  Eggs will have a little bitt of candy and some change.  It's going to look very sad compared to any friends.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    On Easter baskets- The kids are getting $5 headphones, a pack of pokemon cards, and fundip.  Eggs will have a little bitt of candy and some change.  It's going to look very sad compared to any friends.
    Easter seems to be like a mini Christmas from what I see on FB, seems ridiculous. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    6fsn said:
    Normal sort of day.

Both.  It's a good thing because it's a necessary conversation.  I'm dreading it though because I'm always afraid to say the wrong thing.
    DefConn was in bed by the time tribal happened.   I'm not even sure he would have picked up on it anyway because he only likes Survivor for the challenges (same with Amazing Race). 

But, I'm sure you'll do fine.  <3  

I've been reading all sorts of articles and 'think pieces' on it today.  As horrible as it was, the reaction in the moment from the tribe and from most people online today has been really positive. 
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    I've been reading stuff today too.  I do sort of think they were setting up an out for Varner by planting the seeds of "your mind gets wacked out."  I hope that Zeke was ok and didn't feel pressured to let this air.  There have been people in past episodes that people hate and I can't figure out why.  Now I wonder if it's something like this that just doesn't get aired.

I liked this read.  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-zeke-smith-outed-as-transgender-guest-column-991514
  • Options
    Worked a shift at the clinic this morning with no incidents, which was good after my last one where protesters were blocking the parking lot and chased after a patient. 

Finally did our taxes, which took two hours because of filing in two states, buying a house, student loans, and moving expenses. At least we're getting a fair amount of money back after all of that.  
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Normal sort of day.

6, I have a book I'd be glad to send you. I accidentally got 2 and was going to donate 1 of them, but I'll send it to you:

http://michaelhallstudio.com/pages/books/crayon/index.html

I'm willing to help answer anything and if I don't know a good way to say it, I know lots of people who do.
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    6fsn said:
    Easter seems to be like a mini Christmas from what I see on FB, seems ridiculous. 
    Some parents go nuts. I always had the tinfoil eggs as hunt stuff, then something at the end. {Razor scooter one year, a VHS of a show I liked}

I saw cute idea I liked on fb {prob originally from pinterest} Parent used fun rain boots instead of basket, got some of the kid's fave candy {not a lot from what I saw} and something else I completely forget. I believe it was bubbles for one kid and chalk for another? Fun spring things but inexpensive.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Ooooohh. That looks awesome and it would certainly get used. We've had talks about gay, lesbian, bisexual, but trans has just never come up before. thank you for offering to answer questions too. There are a few things I want to get right and this is one of them. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Ooooohh. That looks awesome and it would certainly get used. We've had talks about gay, lesbian, bisexual, but trans has just never come up before. thank you for offering to answer questions too. There are a few things I want to get right and this is one of them. 
    Hey!  The Knot let me send you a PM!  It's got my e-mail in it so you can send me your address any questions.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    6fsn said:
    Normal sort of day.

6, I have a book I'd be glad to send you. I accidentally got 2 and was going to donate 1 of them, but I'll send it to you:

http://michaelhallstudio.com/pages/books/crayon/index.html

I'm willing to help answer anything and if I don't know a good way to say it, I know lots of people who do.
    *Creeper Here!* That is such a neat colouring book :) And it sounds like a great way to explain things to kids.
  • Options
    @6fsn @mrsconn23 and @VarunaTT I have never been so angry at a Survivor episode before.  I don't even understand on what planet someone thought that was okay.  Varner did seem genuinely upset after it all, and he should.  I did appreciate the cast and Zeke's reaction though.  But still - argh!  @6fsn I'm confident you'll do fine with 6let tonight!

Today was second day at a coworkers plant doing training.  It's a two hour drive each way so  I'm exhausted.  But my BFF and I are getting dinner at a new restaurant and then pretending it's the night before Thanksgiving since I don't have to work tomorrow!
  • Options
    Well, my three days of calm came to an end. I had to call for service on both copiers, and everyone wanted something at the same time.

Last night, I made a shopping list and a to-do list for the wedding. I also decided that I must have these shoes:

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/converse-chuck-taylor-all-star-dc-comics-wonder-woman-high-top-unisex-shoe/pid-11334664/pgid-11860822

We're mostly a Marvel house, but who doesn't think Wonder Woman is awesome? Plus I'm getting FW a Deadpool garter:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/476731809/deadpool-gartersuperhero-wedding-garter
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    @kimmiinthemitten there were 2 issues at play:  the outing, which is a huge no-no.  

Then, making it also about deception.  Transgender people aren't deceiving anyone.  It's not a deception to live their lives.
    Sorry if my post made it sound like I was focusing on the outing only; I'm still angry about the whole thing, especially because I think coming from Varner, they're more intertwined than that.  Varner was a public figure in his area and kept his sexual orientation secret.  I bet he did worry that someone else would out him before he was ready.  I bet he worried about what people would think, not just of the news but of him and what it meant about him as a person.  He probably too felt like he was doing what he had to until he was ready.  Of all people on Survivor to know what it's like to have a public face and a private life - he should have known best.  He didn't just out Zeke and perpetuate the myth that hiding your birth gender is a lie, he violated confidence in a friend, a confidence he once instilled in other people too.

H has his second known transgender student this year.  Last years student was outed to her brother and wrote him an email about how fearful she was for her life if her parents found out.  This years student changed his name on his homework.  H called him up and said would you prefer I call you "J."  Student said yes.  He asked a few more questions like "if you raise your hand is that the name you want me to call you" before finally asking, if your parents call or email, what should I call you.  He said "H, thanks!"  

It was a desperate, ugly move.  
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm sorry for your H.  We had to do the same thing w/Pride volunteers.  There's an entire section about, "If we have to make a phone call, call we say who WE are?  Can we leave a message?  If we call, who do we ask for?"  It's terrible, but scary to think we could inadvertantly out someone.

Good for your husband though, and thank you.  We've got a child here in town that was happily using the men's restroom in the HS and the moment Obama's protections were lifted, has been experiencing bullying trying to use the women's.  It's so heartbreaking.