Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday!

Good morning.  Besides @6fsn, who here watches Bravo stuff on the regular.  I want to talk about the bananas reunions this week and WTF is going on with Southern Charm. (spoiler alert: I *hate* Landon..mostly because she's boring AF.)  I have deep love for Bravo's brand of trash. 

Anyhoodle, I did squats for the first time in for-ev-er last night.  I told DH not to work out yesterday because he was feeling under the weather, but he didn't listen and now he feels like hot garbage.  It's a cold or allergies, but it has rendered him incapable of doing anything but whine and sleep.  

Tonight is Coach purse bingo. Big money, no whammies.  

Re: Wednesday!

• Options
    I legit have had the same client call twice because he's irritating.
    Some people have the city help with rent payments, and he was having issues with dealing with the paperwork sent to him.
    No sir, I can't help you fill it out. I don't want to fuck it up. I'll give you your taxes and you can go there.
    What's that? You didn't physically go in and you've been calling the city and they won't help you? GO. FUCKING. IN.

Stuffed peppers didn't go last night. Sausages went bad. I just ended up having rice with cheese and tomatoes. M is going to make something with the peppers tonight so they don't go bad.

He said phone interview went well, and he feels he did well also. Hopeful progress!

I have clearly been getting not enough sleep because I didn't hear the radio until half hour later - nearly 45 mins tbh - so I think I'm crashing early tonight.
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2017
    @mrsconn23, coach purse bingo?  Sign me up!!  I only played bingo once on a cruise ship.  Can never find any around here!
    @missjeanlouise, have fun!  Your speed dating wine date sound awesome too!

SSDD for me too.  We're having an in house meeting tomorrow and since a lot of people are coming in for it, I decided to finally get my eyebrows threaded.  I'm lazy.  I let them go.  It's amazing what a freshly threaded and filled in brow does for me.  I feel like a brand new person!

Is it Friday yet?  No, seriously, it needs to be Friday.

• Options

@mrsconn23, coach purse bingo?  Sign me up!!  I only played bingo once on a cruise ship.  Can never find any around here!

It's a fundraising event for a local chapter of Tri Kappa Alpha.  My sister's neighbor has a friend in the organization and so their group gets a table.  This will be my 4th or 5th time going.  It's twice a year and always fun.  I've won once.  It's loud and competitive AF.  
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2017

@mrsconn23, good luck at Coach purse bingo later!  I rarely get colds, but have one right now.  I've been spending the week coughing constantly.  Getting less sleep because of it also.  That is not helping matters.  Hopefully your DH will be feeling better soon.  But he needs to listen to you!  Working out does not help the body rest and recover.

I almost took a sick day today, but bit the bullet and came in anyway.  The jury is still out on how wise that was.

This is my current big irritation.  My tenants who were two weeks late with the rent last month...the ones with the outside dogs being treated poorly (they're gone now)...are now on late Day 9 for this month.  They also haven't mowed the front lawn in a few months, even though I give them a generous $50 monthly deduction in rent to do that.  But there's a new sheriff in town, baby.  Their one-year part of the lease was up this month, which now puts us all on a month-to-month basis.  And now I can make changes to the lease, with a 30-day notice, whether they agree with them or not.

In the first week of May, assuming I haven't had to evict them, they're getting an addendum to the lease that will go into effect for June 10th.  They'll no longer have to worry about the lawn, but their $50 rent deduction is gone also.  I don't know what bonehead move I did on the original lease, but I didn't have any language for late fees, like I usually do.  The addendum will also put late fees into effect.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SSDD here. It's the end of the semester and all the students who haven't done any work at all are now all "what can I do to pass your class/raise my grade/not fail". Umm, that shipped sailed weeks ago. 
  • Options
    SSDD.  BCBC'd last night, watched more 13 Reasons (DH and I love it, btw, and now I also want to read the book), and that was about it.  Hopefully the chest freezer gets to Lowe's tonight like it is SUPPOSED to so I can go pick that up.  Meetings all afternoon.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    SSDD here as well. I have zero meetings and a team dinner tonight. No one on my team has any motivation to get any real work done today, so we are all trying to devise ways we can sneak out early. 
  • Options
    Coach purse bingo would be fun, although I played bingo where my parents go in FL for the winter (so a snow bird, retirement community) and I was sooooo nervous because people take it so seriously and it was so fast paced. 

I really wanted to get into Southern Charm but never did. And now I never get to watch any of these shows.  Woah is me.

Nothing much here, I do need to schedule a PTO day for a spa massage gift cert next week. Not sure why I keep procrastinating doing it
  • Options

@kimmiinthemitten, good luck on your visit!  Cracking up at the Press Your Luck gif.  That show was brilliant.  I bet there are people way too young to have ever seen it, but understand the phrase, "No Whammies!"  I saw a documentary clip about the guy who figured out there was a long, complicated pattern to the board.  Spent months memorizing it and then went on the show and was this freakish champion.

@missJeanLouise, that wine and cheese tasting sounds fun!  It's neat there was a competition with it.

@MissKittyDanger, some people just seriously can't help themselves.  Having governmental help with one's rent is a godsend.  You'd think its worth taking a small piece out of one's day to go down to the office!  If my bank told me they'd cut my mortgage in half if I filled out a 200-page complicated document, in triplicate, with 52 pieces of corroborating evidence.  It would be on their desk within a week with a bow on top, lol.

I had a former coworker who didn't make much money and really struggled financially.  She knew I had some tenants on Section 8 (housing assistance) and asked me questions on numerous occasions about how she could get on Section 8.  I mean, I gave her the little bit of information I knew the first time she asked.  I also gave her their website.  And told her the best thing she could do was go to their office, find out their qualifications, and apply.  But she didn't do any of that.  Just kept asking me about it and I would just keep telling her she needed to go to their offices because I don't know much about their application process.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @short+sassy they still play the reruns of Press Your Luck on the Game Show Network! Those old game shows - like Match Game with Betty White - really crack me up!!!
  • Options
    Also, I want to eat everything in sight. I already ate my salad and orange that was half my lunch, and it's not even noon yet.  
  • Options
    I'm so mad I'm shaking. My former tenant who was also my BM and I was one of hers has denied any responsibility in the damage to the fence, shed, and floors from her dogs. I got beyond mad when she started complaining about her neighbors trash blowing into her yard so I left our group chat and unfriended her. We are currently having it out via text because I'm at work and can't talk. If she just would have apologized, I wouldn't be so livid, but her response to everything has been, "MY dogs didn't do that."

I'm leaving in about 15 minutes for my interview so I need to calm down and put a smile on my face.

Other than that SSDD.
  • Options
    @short+sassy  considering this isn't the first time he's done this rent help, you'd think he'd know who to go to. I get it, he has vision problems but you need to see them to help you ... I will fuck it up. Called 4x this morning and it's me relaying the SAME information all the time.
  • Options

SSDD here. It's the end of the semester and all the students who haven't done any work at all are now all "what can I do to pass your class/raise my grade/not fail". Umm, that shipped sailed weeks ago. 

A little OT, but I still have dreams where I'll suddenly realize that it's 3/4 of the way through the semester, the final exam is in a few weeks, I have been to exactly ZERO classes, done NO work, and I'm in tears in the prof's office, begging to drop the class or be allowed to make up the work.

Those are some of the WORST nightmares.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options

@short+sassy they still play the reruns of Press Your Luck on the Game Show Network! Those old game shows - like Match Game with Betty White - really crack me up!!!

Oh, okay!  I've heard of the Game Show Network, but I don't think it's available where I live.  Did I just age myself admitting I've seen Press Your Luck when it originally aired, lol?  I'll qualify with I was a small child hanging out with grandma on summer breaks.  It was my favorite game show that grandma watched because I liked the Whammies.  From my perspective, they were like mini cartoons during the show and I would actually root for people to be whammied, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

A little OT, but I still have dreams where I'll suddenly realize that it's 3/4 of the way through the semester, the final exam is in a few weeks, I have been to exactly ZERO classes, done NO work, and I'm in tears in the prof's office, begging to drop the class or be allowed to make up the work.

In community college, I took a tv course with a friend.  Not a course about tv, it was on tv...because this was before most people had the Internet and I'm aging myself again, lol.  During the semester, we met 5x as a class.  Mainly to take tests.

I knew I had to be self disciplined and watch the courses as they came up each week or close to it.  Otherwise, I would be in a world of hurt.  My friend?  Not so much.  She taped them all.  Then tried to cram watch all of them (to that point) a week before the mid-term.  Ummm...yeah.  She got an "F" and withdrew from the class.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry your friend is getting under your skin @drillsergeantcat :(  Like you said, own up to it!

Press your luck.  I *should* remember watching that....but I don't.  My memory sucks though.  I saw some eps on gameshow network too!  It's addicting. 

• Options
    @6fsn I swear that book is in my car and I just keep forgetting to mail it.  I was spoiled at my last office that we had a postage account.  I'm trying to get it tonight, promise.

SSDD.  I don't even have much interesting to report, just working at work and on Pride stuff.
  • Options
    Good luck with the interview @DrillSergeantCat
  • Options
    I am spending the day picking up the disaster left over from going out this weekend. We had a lot of fun at our mini vacation. Although Monday I was so hung over. More hungover than I've been in a long time. On top of it, on Sunday night I saw that a good friend was sick and having a hard time, so I drunkenly texted her I would come over the next day to help her clean and to take care of her baby. She lives almost 3 hours away. So that was a fun drive. I almost had pull over to be sick. Lol. But in the end I'm glad I went. She doesn't have any friends on base and the base is in the middle of fucking nowhere and her husband works 48 hour shifts so she is alone most of the time. 

Im going to dinner tonight with a friend while SO has his weekly game night at the house. Kitten won't stop following me around because I was gone for three days. Last night I made a honey lime brown butter salmon and it was delicious. I have leftovers for lunch today, yaaas. 

• Options
    I have a bingo party tomorrow night too, not as high end as Coach, mine is 31.  I won a large tote last time, so hope my luck holds out. 

This make month 4 since my company got bought out, changed billing systems and I am still not being paid right and my customer and carriers aren't being billed and paid right either, I'm about to just give up.
  • Options
    @levioosa would you be kind enough to share your salmon recipe? That sounds amazing!!
  • Options

@levioosa would you be kind enough to share your salmon recipe? That sounds amazing!!

Pan Seared Honey Glazed Salmon with Browned Butter Lime Sauce

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients

• 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets, rested at room temperature 20 minutes
    • 8 tsp flour, divided
    • 2 Tbsp honey, divided
    • zest of 1 - 2 limes (I like it with a generous amount so in my opinion 2)
    • 2 Tbsp olive oil
    • 1 recipe Browned Butter Lime Sauce, recipe follows
    • Browned Butter Lime Sauce
    • 6 Tbsp salted butter, diced
    • 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
        Coupons 
    • 1 clove garlic, minced
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Directions

• Working in batches of two salmon fillets at a time (or using two skillets, because you don't want to overcrowd the salmon when cooking it on the stove-top so it cooks more evenly), place salmon fillets on a cutting board or plate and sprinkle 1 tsp flour over each side of the salmon fillets and spread flour to evenly coat. Evenly drizzle 3/4 tsp honey over each side of the flour coated salmon fillets.* Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil into a 10 inch non-stick skillet, swirl pan to evenly coat bottom and heat over medium heat. Once oil is hot, carefully place salmon in pan and cook over medium heat, 3-5 minutes per side until salmon has cooked through and bottom has nicely browned**. Plate salmon immediately, drizzle each fillet with 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp Browned Butter Lime Sauce and sprinkle with lime zest. Serve warm.
    • *Note that once you remove the salmon from the plate some of the flour and honey coating will stick to the plate so I'd recommend just scraping it up with a spatula and adding it to the salmon once it's in the pan, alternately you could just coat one side with the flour and honey then after adding it to the pan you can coat the top side with flour and honey. Either way works I'd just say don't waste any of that delicious coating.
    • **If you feel the salmon is darkening too much before the center is cooked through, you can brown the salmon in pan on both sides for about 2 minutes then place in a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 350 for 7 - 10 minutes to finish cooking through.
    • Browned Butter Lime Sauce
    • Place butter in a small (light colored) saucepan. Cook over medium heat, swirling pan occasionally, until butter is fragrant and has turned a tan shade (for a step by step tutorial on how to brown butter see link here, although I would recommend not to stir constantly rather swirl pan occasionally). Remove from heat and add browned butter along with lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper to a blender. Blend on low speed for 30 seconds to 1 minute until well blended. Pour sauce into a small glass dish (note: whisk butter mixture with a fork before pouring onto salmon as it will separate, rewarm if needed).
    • I didn't have much of this left after drenching the salmon with it but I used what was left over fresh corn on the cob, so good! Try if you'd like.

Here's the website it's from, in case you want to explore her other recipes

http://www.cookingclassy.com/pan-seared-honey-glazed-salmon-with-browned-butter-lime-sauce-the-best-salmon-ive-ever-eaten/

I served it with Near East Rice Pilaf and Asparagus (I like fat asparagus for the crunch--sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, pepper, drizzle with olive oil and then toss, roast at 350 for 15-20 minutes).  

• Options

Ha. I still have these dreams and I am the professor. I don't know that they'll ever go away. 
  • Options

@DrillSergeantCat, I'm too late to give you a pep talk before the interview, but I hope you're able to shake it off and dazzle.  I know it was frustrating to find the place damaged and your "friend" not even taking responsibility for something that is obviously their fault is the bad cherry on top.  But don't even engage with any more text messages about it.  It will just be frustrating for you and come to no end.

Just be a broken record with her.  "ABC damage happened while you were living in the home.  We expect $X to fix it.  If you have pictures to prove that pre-existing damage before you moved in, please provide them and we will take that into consideration.  Otherwise, when can we pick up a check for $X?"

Don't waste your time listening to her repeat the same story for the 10th time.  I'd acknowledge she doesn't agree, but that doesn't change the fact she owes $X because there IS damage.  Its her onus to prove it was pre-existing.

When I was still pretty new to rental investing, I had a couple sign a lease with me toward the end of Nov. with a Dec. 1st move-in.  There's another whole long story with this but, basically, they changed their mind the night before their move-in date and wanted their holding deposit back.  Nope.  They explained why...ad naseoum...in person, via text, and via e-mail...as to why they were entitled to it back.  I countered back each time, why they were not getting it back.  Along with constant threats they were going to take me to small claims courts if I didn't give the money back.

I mean, we were basically having the exact same conversation a dozen times.  I finally e-mailed back, "Look, you all have explained yourself well.  I've listened to and understand what you're saying.  However, I don't agree.  I know I've explained myself to you all many times and obviously you all don't agree.  If you want to take me to small claims court, that is fine and that is your right.  But please do not e-mail or contact me any further about this matter."

They did end up taking me to court and, wellll for the most part, didn't contact me again.  Though she did send one more bitchy, snarky text right after they filed.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker