Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday?!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited August 2017 in Wedding Woes
Anyone here?  Bueller?

Back to normal noises around here.  We were having major water pressure issues.  DH drained the water heater and replaced our sediment filter.  That made a huge difference, but I think we might see about a new well tank and pump.  That's going to be $$$ though... :/ 

We also cleaned our room and put fresh sheets on the bed last night (we rarely do both at once, LOL.  Usually just the sheets get changed and we look at the mess and say, "Meh".).  I think everyone slept better than they have in awhile.  

I need to find a housewarming gift for BIL/SIL. Well, I can bring BIL beer...but SIL doesn't drink.  I'm going to go to a couple local boutiques and see what kind of stuff I see.  I have an idea in my head, but that doesn't mean it exists in reality.  ;)

Oh!  Last week I got a shirt made out of bamboo and it's so soft!  I want all the bamboo shirts now.  :) 

We bought DefConn a new bike this last weekend he's so damn happy.  He just wants to ride all the time.  <3 

Re: Tuesday?!

• Options
    I see you @sparklepants41!!!  Any updates?  I hope things are going well.  <3 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 isn't it amazing how incredibly soft bamboo is? I find it fascinating because the plant itself doesn't look like it could produce something that soft. 
  • Options
    @mrsconn23  money well spent on that bike ;) And I've heard about bamboo shirts being super soft! Where did you get yours? I've been debating on getting one for my mum for xmas since she's a big tactile person who would love it!

Not much last night. My period was late, so ended up buying another test. Was gonna give it until Wednesday {making it 4 days late that day} and take the test before booking an appt with my dr to make sure all was good. I knew they'd ask if I'd taken it. It wasn't as if I thought I was pregnant, but I knew they'd ask.

I must have jinxed myself or something, because it showed up this morning. On my anniversary!

Yup ... M and I have been married 2yrs today - as of 3pm lmao! My card for him is hilarious and I'm glad I didn't bug him this morning to give him the card. He's picking one up for me today. I only know this because he asked to wait until after work to exchange cards today because he had to pick on up :D 

Tonight we're going for ice cream at this place called "Sundae School" We have years to go for a nice dinner .... plus it's a friggen Tuesday.

M was talking to his dad about the work bench he's making, and his dad basically told him to stop doing any cuts and wait until Thursday when he'll be in town to help him.
    M doesn't see the issue, but I was a little irked his dad said that. M did a lot of work on a program to make sure he knew what he was doing. He asked his dad about a certain spot, like "how do I hold x-piece and y-piece together while trying to nail it?"
    I told M that I felt his dad was a bit condescending thinking he didn't do any research or look up what to do ... he said his dad just said that because M hasn't built anything before. Almost like "he means well and doesn't mean it as rude"

I shrugged it off, but it just bothers me. If it were me, that would be a shot to my self-esteem but luckily M has good self-esteem and he's just 'whatever it's cool'
  • Options
    Eeeeeee @sparklepants41 I am so excited for you!! Besides the contractions how are you feeling?
  • Options

MrsConn - I love Bamboo sheets!  I randomly bought them once and now it all I own!

Sparklepants - 

Last night was good.  We finally got our electric bill in the mail and it did not give me a heart attack!  It was our first full month of the A/C, including the extra boxed unit for my niece's room.  We use a central A/C and a boxed unit for our bedroom typically.  So we don't have to keep the A/C really cold downstairs to cool the upstairs.  Hopefully soon, we will be able to zone the upstairs.  But that is a big cost for another time!

DD was back to bananas, which she gobbles up so hilariously!  She loves them!  She also slept through to 7 AM again!  This kid and her sleeping is amazing!

Not much tonight SSDD.  I have to update my check ledger and maybe a stop at Michael's tonight to buy fixins' for a wreath for my sister if the funds allow.  They just moved into their first house and I already said I'd buy my niece's bedding set (because anything mom picks out it gross! LOL!), but I want to make a wreath for her front door too.

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger happy anniversary!!!!!
  • Options
    @mrsconn23  money well spent on that bike ;) And I've heard about bamboo shirts being super soft! Where did you get yours? I've been debating on getting one for my mum for xmas since she's a big tactile person who would love it!

I got it at a local boutique, but I will look up the brand when it's out of the wash.  
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
     I have an idea in my head, but that doesn't mean it exists in reality.  ;)

This is everything I ever want.

same
  • Options
    I am going to Dubai on Thursday to run some errands and have lunch with a friend from the US. It will be nice to catch up.
    Just a casual jaunt over .... lol probably super close to you but sounds funny :)
  • Options
    Eeeeeee @sparklepants41 I am so excited for you!! Besides the contractions how are you feeling?
    Better than I was before getting here. I'm definitely less of an emotional wreck now that the process has started and I have more information. 
  • Options
    happy baby day! :)
    I would happily share my anniversary with baby sparkles ;)
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I roll my eyes so hard at your FIL. I built our old workbench (I wish I had a picture but they are on my old phone) and raised flower beds all by myself and had very little clue about what I was doing. But that is have the fun of building shit, figuring out what you don't know you don't know. 
  • Options
    Happy Anniversary MKD!
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Lots of work here. A new system goes live tomorrow and I have had zero training. They sent some links, but I don't have access to that program either. Ugh. 

I scanned about a bajillion pictures for my parents 50th and now need to build a slide show. 

school, pto, ministry, Psr, and small group all kick off in the next two weeks. Still waiting on soccer details for the other two kids.  I'm overwhelmed. 

Oh and my kid now has a pallette expander and in off to buy him deodorant. When did this happen?!?!?
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger I roll my eyes so hard at your FIL. I built our old workbench (I wish I had a picture but they are on my old phone) and raised flower beds all by myself and had very little clue about what I was doing. But that is have the fun of building shit, figuring out what you don't know you don't know. 
    SAME! I like FIL - don't get me wrong - but sometimes he says something and I'm like "seriously?" M has been enjoying using the program he downloaded to create this bench. He knows it's a huge learning curve, but he's handier than given credit for.

I'm hoping he gets more done before Thursday so he can show his dad - who fyi typically has faith in his son ... - that he does know what he's doing.
  • Options
    I forgot about bamboo sheets, @OliveOilsMom.  

I will have to get some.  We need new sheets anyway.  
  • Options
    happy baby day! :)
    I would happily share my anniversary with baby sparkles ;)
    Today also would have been my great grandmother's (my maternal grandma's mother) 116th birthday!! August 1 is a great day!! 
    Regardless it'd be a Leo baby ;)

Once she's born, let me know details so I can let you know all about her horoscope stats :)
  • Options
    Happy anniversary, @MissKittyDanger!!  <3 

Ugh at annoying FIL.  :/ 
  • Options

@mrsconn23, now you have me intrigued by bamboo shirts.  I like my t-shirts to be ridiculously soft.

@MissKittyDanger, Happy anniversary!

@sparklepants41, yay for a private room and cot!  I'm glad you and your H could at least get a bit of sleep.

@missJeanLouise, ugh, your poor H!  Hopefully his Flight Hell is finally over and the rest of the trip will be smooth sailing.  I was once taking a flight back to NOLA from CA.  There is pretty much always a layover in Dallas for all of those routes.  Except the Dallas airport had closed for the afternoon/evening because of wind gusts on the day I was flying out.  It was two days before I finally got back to NOLA.  In fact, we even flew to Dallas without having a connection set up yet.  We figured we'd just get there and throw ourselves on the mercy of our airlines.  It took us all of the first day just to get to Dallas and then we couldn't fly out to NOLA until the second day...and even that was a GIFT from the lady behind the counter who had pity on us, because flights for that leg were booked for days.  Definitely an "adventure".

My rental ad went "live" about mid-day yesterday.  We haven't had nearly the traffic we usually do.  Whomp-whomp.  I think part of that is the time of month.  Mid-month is the best time to post.  Not the beginning of the month.  And, while the summer is the best time to get tenants in most parts of the U.S., that is not at all true here.  I've found summer to be the worst.  Nobody wants to move in the summer time, unless they have to.  I don't blame them.  Still, my H has a few showings lined up this afternoon.  It only takes one "right one", so we're certainly crossing our fingers.  But disappointing, in the meantime.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Present!

The best housewarming gifts we got from people were: 1) a giftcard to a restaurant near our new house that came in a basket of food and 2) a giftcard to home depot. Basically not "stuff". 

If I can't find what I think I want, then my back-up plan is to do a Lowe's/Home Depot GC...plus the beer.   (We're super close with BIL/SIL...SIL is my best friend from HS, so I have a good idea of what would be appreciated by them. ;) This is their first house together and until 2 years ago, they were moving every 1.5-2 years.)
  • Options
    I am going to Dubai on Thursday to run some errands and have lunch with a friend from the US. It will be nice to catch up.
    Just a casual jaunt over .... lol probably super close to you but sounds funny :)
    I was thinking the same thing

and happy anniversary @MissKittyDanger
  • Options
    I'm annoyed, but I have to keep my mouth shut.  I've mentioned on here some struggles K has with mental illnesses.  Well, we've got a bad one going on right now, anxiety through the roof, etc.  It's fine, we'll work through it and we have been, in small. manageable chunks for both of us (I have some personal baggage about dealing with some of it).  But her mother, sweet jesus, her mother, is just a big old walking trigger.  I honestly think her mother doesn't believe K has any issues, b/c K had a pretty great childhood overall and so there just can't be anything wrong with her, right?  Her mother started harping on her about something and K just hung up on her.  I'm not usually one for doing that, but I validated it.

Other than that SSDD. 
  • Options
    These sheets are so soft and also really inexpensive. https://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bath/Becky-Cameron-Luxury-Ultra-Soft-4-piece-Bed-Sheet-Set/9273417/product.html

PG had a check up this morning. The doctor's office is moving so they didn't give her all of her vaccines because they want to save it for the 2 month olds. They also gave us 3 cans of formula so that saves us $50+. 

I sat outside with a much-deserved margarita last night and got eaten up with mosquitoes. I've got to order some mosquito dunks for the pond. I didn't realize I needed to spray my clothes with Off but apparently I do because they bit me through my clothes. I hate mosquitoes. I'm going to go buy some citronella plants this week.

Happy anniversary MKD. My 1 year is next month and H and I were talking about how the traditional gift is paper. My plan is to get sheet music for either our processional or first dance framed (I didn't tell him this). He said, "Paper? So...like money?" I said, "if that's your interpretation of paper." 

Good luck Sparkle!

@ilovebeachmusic glad to hear about doggie! 

I am working on my first anniversary gift too! That is what my errands in Dubai are related to. (@misskittydanger and @kvruns it sounds weird to me too. it's only about an hour away.) I LOVE your sheet music idea!! I am had our vows translated into Arabic and written in calligraphy to frame.