Chit Chat
Options

Are you ready for some football?!

Re: Are you ready for some football?!

• Options
    @short+sassy I'm probably not supposed to tell you this since we're playing each other this week, but just a heads up that you have a WR with a bye and your kicker is listed as doubtful. 
    Ha.  I do this to a guy in my other league.   He has improved (but not beaten me) since I've given him the heads up.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    @short+sassy I'm probably not supposed to tell you this since we're playing each other this week, but just a heads up that you have a WR with a bye and your kicker is listed as doubtful. 
    Ha.  I do this to a guy in my other league.   He has improved (but not beaten me) since I've given him the heads up.
    I mean let's be real here. Her team will still beat mine even without those two players lol. 
  • Options

Thanks, is today (Friday) too late to change them?  I've been terrible and really haven't been paying too much attention.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thanks, is today (Friday) too late to change them?  I've been terrible and really haven't been paying too much attention.
    nope.  You have right up until the game starts.  Although you can  not move players that have already played (there was a game last night).

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

nope.  You have right up until the game starts.  Although you can  not move players that have already played (there was a game last night).
    Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well @eileenrob I’d say AB had a good night.
    It was his best performance of the season!!
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Well @eileenrob I’d say AB had a good night.
    It was his best performance of the season!!
    The only Steelers player that didn’t have a monster game was JuJu Smith-Schuster. Who I started. 

But my defense got my 16 points so that’s great. We should have a good game this weekend. 
  • Options
    So glad I sat Keenan Allen. I didn’t need those 31 points he got in the first half. 
  • Options
    So glad I sat Keenan Allen. I didn’t need those 31 points he got in the first half. 
    I sat him in my other league.  :(

Looks like I might still win, but it's going to be close.

• Options
    39 in total! I hate when that happens! FWIW you may still win...five of my players scored less than five points  :s
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    39 in total! I hate when that happens! FWIW you may still win...five of my players scored less than five points  :s
    It could be close. Ertz has had some big games for me, but you have Wentz, so that's not great. My defense got me more points than my quarterback this week. 
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    It could be close. Ertz has had some big games for me, but you have Wentz, so that's not great. My defense got me more points than my quarterback this week. 
    Cousins got me 25pts on the bench; I’m having some regrets too
  • Options
    On my other league my D gave me 27 points.  QB?  1 

:/ 

• Options
    JuJu Smith-Schuster is one of my favorite player names. 
  • Options
    kvruns said:
    JuJu Smith-Schuster is one of my favorite player names. 
    Mine too. 
  • Options
    Right up there with HaHa Clinton Dix.  
  • Options
    Jay A Jay Jay is my fave, however you spell it.

I bet $50 on the Lions and while they won, they didn't win big enough for me to win my money back.  I have never been so disappointed in a W before.
  • Options
    kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2017
    nevermind figured out who Kimmi meant
  • Options
    Yup, lost because I didn't start Kennan Allen. My how my might goddesses have fallen. 
  • Options
    Yup, lost because I didn't start Kennan Allen. My how my might goddesses have fallen. 
    I have two games this season that would’ve went my way had I started a different player.  So frustrating.  You still have a nice amount of points scored!
  • Options
    I lost both leagues

• Options
    edited November 2017
    70% of my current points came from 3 players, on two teams. Can't say I've ever had that happen before. 
  • Options
    I’m going to lose big time...Julio Jones alone had 50 points, I can’t compete with that  :s
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    I’m going to lose big time...Julio Jones alone had 50 points, I can’t compete with that  :s
    That’s just insane. 
  • Options
    Eagles can clinch the NFC east if the Cowboys lose tonight.    

Go Redskins -  LOL

• Options
    @sparklepants41 I totally would have traded a win by the Bills for a win in fantasy. 

Also, Gronk is a jerk. Hope he's suspended for that hit. (And I liked him before, he's from Buffalo). 
  • Options
    @sparklepants41 I totally would have traded a win by the Bills for a win in fantasy. 

Also, Gronk is a jerk. Hope he's suspended for that hit. (And I liked him before, he's from Buffalo). 
    I have Gronk on both leagues and I was happy to see he was suspended.  I heard he's going to appeal.   That's BS.  What he did was flat out wrong.    I get his frustration, but that is no excuse to do a WWE move and hurt the guy.

I would think more highly of him if he took is punishment.  Especially since that is not really his MO.

• Options
    lyndausvi said:

I have Gronk on both leagues and I was happy to see he was suspended.  I heard he's going to appeal.   That's BS.  What he did was flat out wrong.    I get his frustration, but that is no excuse to do a WWE move and hurt the guy.

I would think more highly of him if he took is punishment.  Especially since that is not really his MO.
    I agree. I lost a lot of respect for him yesterday, and if he appeals. It was intentional, he knew what he was doing, he should be suspended for more than 1 game and should have been ejected. I get why he was frustrated, and yeah White was holding him, but that's not how you handle it. Even Bellichick said to McDermott after the game it was BS.  
  • Options
    @kimmiinthemitten how close it our game going to get?? Maybe we’ll tie again  :D