Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

What's up?  It's almost Friday!  

I'm so sleepy today.  I tried to finish Wild Wild Country last night, but was falling asleep on the couch.  I'm glad to see the sun for once.

This month is crazy, since DefConn is doing an after school reading program for 3 weeks, 3 days a week. Plus he's about to have swimming for 4 days a week for 2 weeks.  Plus work for the rest of us and DH has now thrown the draft trip into the mix.  I need to take some time this weekend to cook and meal plan in advance because cooking every night is probably not going to happen and I don't want to resort to crap or take-out.

Prudie day. ;) 

Re: Thursday

• Options
    We lost power last night right as I walked in the door from work and it's still out. Luckily we have a gas stove to keep the downstairs warm and there was hot water for a shower this morning. 30,000 people are without power and no ETA yet on when it will be restored. My poor dog has to wear his coat today while we're at work because it's currently 26 degrees outside and my house is going to get quite cold.

Another long, boring day at work. Thank god for Prudie day to give me some entertainment.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I have Pto today. I purposely discouraged someone from coming. She's long winded and if the meeting is short enough I can catch a quick run. Although the workout I did this morning was HARD so if it doesn't happen oh well. 

I've got card club tonight and hired a sitter because of soccer practices. I'm hoping practices don't get cancelled. I've already cancelled on her once and can't do it again. If practices are cancelled Dh and I are going to a happy hour somewhere. 
  • Options
    26 degrees inside? yikes! Hope that gets fixed soon

@6 at first I thought you meant PTO like paid time off and I was like who are you discouraging from coming on your PTO. Then I realized it was the school organization. Do they normally do those during the school day? 
  • Options
    kvruns said:

@6 at first I thought you meant PTO like paid time off and I was like who are you discouraging from coming on your PTO. Then I realized it was the school organization. Do they normally do those during the school day? 

I thought the same thing.

SSDD for me. I'm considering changing my Weight Watchers membership to include meetings. Twice now I've gotten to goal, then gained like 5 pounds. I need to learn how to keep this going. Plus you can get to "Lifetime" with meetings where WW is free if you weigh in once a month and are still at/under goal.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    kvruns said:

We alternate days and nights. 750+ kids in the school and nobody comes to any meetings. 
  • Options

@cupcait927, yikes!  I hope your power comes back on soon.  Poor puppers having to wear a coat in the house.

@charlotte989875, I know it is for work, but I hope you enjoy your time in Chicago!

I have so much to do today because I won't be at work tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to some Prudie distraction for the moments I can peek my head up.  Unfortunately, it's not a "fun" 3-day weekend.  Tomorrow, I'm getting fasting bloodwork done and then I'm joining my H for some construction work at one of our rentals.  I would RATHER be at work than doing all that, lol.

On the bright side, I picked up an AMAZING mystery shop that my H and I are doing Fri. night.  It's for a special Tasting event at a 4-star restaurant.  5-courses with a paired glass of wine with each course!  And all of it 100% reimbursed, including the tip.  Of course, the cost of the Uber that we will most certainly need once we are done is at my own expense, lol.  I've really been looking forward to this.  It should be a great night!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsconn23 you moms and your crazy kid schedules lol ;) {*I say sarcastically because I feel that will be my life one day*}

@cupcait927 brr! But how cute are pups in coats though? Lol trying to be optimistic

@ShesSoCold are the meetings worth it? I know a friend who's looking into WW and he doesn't really know where to start - just the app or with meetings. Suggestions?

@charlotte989875 safe travels! :)

@short+sassy boo to sucky 3 day weekends :(

SSDD pretty much.
    So little update on my chiro appt.
    Good news & bad news.

Good news - no red flags and he thinks he can help. It's a normal situation I'm dealing with {*phew*} Plus he can go right up until due date or however I feel comfortable, and could see me as early as 3 days post-birth.

Bad news - since I'm 30 weeks, he's gotta do exam to see how much relaxin {someone mentioned it on the bump recently, so I didn't feel like an idiot when he mentioned it} is in the ligaments. That will depend on how I'll feel afterwards. If there's too much, I may not get relief for awhile.

I have a follow up appt for him to examine my back and see what the course of action is.

Did a bit of chatting with M about how we want to parent. Not like parenting styles, but kind of the more specifics.

Weird parenting question - do any of you have people ask your kids for a hug before they do it? Like I mean even family.
    I ask because I saw something another mother I know posted on fb about teaching kids about consent, and how it starts with hugs and teaching your child they are allowed to say 'no' to anyone - even family.

M is torn on the family part - maybe he thinks his family won't understand/go for it? - but I personally think that if we mention it to them that we're trying it out, they would probably go for it eventually.
    {although, if she's anything like me - she'll be a huggy child but also have no issues telling family 'no' lol}
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger my dog hates wearing his coat, but unfortunately it's a necessity when it's cold outside as he has hair and not fur. He also has no sweaters that fit him any longer, not that he likes those either, or I would've put him in a sweater for the day. 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2018
    @cupcait927, yikes! That's a long time to be out of power.
    @shessocold, back in the day when I did WW, I really liked it.  Right now I'm TOPS - which is WW'ey, but cheaper. I met some great people in WW online that I still talk to today and a LOT have kept the weight off.  I yo yo like a freaking...yo yo?
    @charlotte989875, have fun in the windy city! How long are you here for?
    @short+sassy, yeah, I would rather be at work than do housework too.  I also say that about working out.  I'd rather be at a gym then do lawnwork/shoveling.  I hate it.  Your dinner with reimbursement sounds amazing.

So our furnace has gone out.  We noticed a few weeks ago that it was off and on, and now...it's just off.  I could come home to a warm house or maybe not? It's a crapshot and it has a mind of it's own.  I did buy a new control board after it was suggested that it could be that, so H can install it after work tomorrow.  Please keep your fingers crossed that it's a control board issue (furnace is only 6 or 7 years old) only and I don't need a repair man person to come out and look at it.  Not with me waiting on a stupid bill from the blood work laboratory fuck up from last month.

edit: for sexism

• Options
    @cupcait927 Poor pup :( Here's hoping heat kicks in soon!!
  • Options
    @CharmedPam Fingers crossed for you! Our furnace is 32 years old and I'm thankful every day that we wake up and it's still working! We won't replace it until it kicks the bucket for good.

Still no power at my house per the utility company's website and no ETA. Luckily H is working close to home today and is going to go home on lunch and run the stove for a little bit to warm the house back up.
  • Options
    @cupcait927 & @CharmedPam Yikes to both of your chilly conditions! @CharmedPam I hope your furnace issue is a simple fix! @cupcait927 I hope you get your power back on soon!

Today I have zero motivation, which is fine because I don't actually have much on my plate for once :)

I have a lunch meeting with a junior member of our field personnel who wants to learn more about other areas of the company. 

I have a bunch of personal errands I need to run - I really wish I could "get sick" so I can leave early to run all my errands before I have daycare pickup. 
  • Options
    @charmedpam hope it is an easy fix. We are replacing ours Monday for a whole lotta money and I'm not happy about it. But fixing it was going to be $3K and who knows when the rest of the system might have crapped out. 
  • Options
    Guys .... you all need tim hortons or your local donut place needs to do this if you like coconut.

There's a new donut. It's like a coconut cream pie! :open_mouth:
    It's kind of amazing. And I would mail every one of you a donut if I could
  • Options
    Guys .... you all need tim hortons or your local donut place needs to do this if you like coconut.

This is right up H's alley.  We'll be in Victoria/Vancouver next month. I'll have him stop by and get one.  I do take bites here and there of his desserts. yummy!kvruns said:
    @charmedpam hope it is an easy fix. We are replacing ours Monday for a whole lotta money and I'm not happy about it. But fixing it was going to be $3K and who knows when the rest of the system might have crapped out. 
    I hope it's this issue too!  My fear is having to replace the whole thing too, because repairs are almost the same cost. grrrr.  home ownership. Highly overrated. 

• Options
    @CharmedPam Let me know closer to the date because it's a limited time offer, but I can let you know what will be in stores {I saw a Reese's donut today fyi}
  • Options
    @CharmedPam Let me know closer to the date because it's a limited time offer, but I can let you know what will be in stores {I saw a Reese's donut today fyi}
    Oh.  then yeah, just mail it :)

• Options
    Reese's are my WEAKNESS. Anything with peanut butter really, but their PB/chocolate ratio is always spot. on. 
  • Options

For a "peoples" who love to fry everything, NOLA is surprisingly not a doughnut place at all.  We have very few good doughnut shops and, even the ones that are good, have limited selections.

With that said, there is a decent place near me that has a maple bar that they add pieces of bacon to the top of it.  If you're a person who likes the taste of "sweet" with the savory saltiness of bacon, it is fantastic!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Our local donut bakery makes a double coconut cream donut, it's amazing. Every time I eat a Timmies, I'm disappointed. 

Also, from the province that brought you the Maple Syrup Heist, I present a very Canadian robbery:  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/longueuil-theft-beer-beef-pepperoni-millions-quebec-1.4605946
  • Options
    I’m here until Sunday afternoon @CharmedPam!
  • Options

Our local donut bakery makes a double coconut cream donut, it's amazing. Every time I eat a Timmies, I'm disappointed. 

Also, from the province that brought you the Maple Syrup Heist, I present a very Canadian robbery:  

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/longueuil-theft-beer-beef-pepperoni-millions-quebec-1.4605946
    It's almost as great as the syrup robbery .... Fuck I love Canada!

Also where is this donut place you speak of!? I need to make a trip!
  • Options
    Reese's are my WEAKNESS. Anything with peanut butter really, but their PB/chocolate ratio is always spot. on. 
    Have you seen the 1/2 lb reese cup?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

For a "peoples" who love to fry everything, NOLA is surprisingly not a doughnut place at all.  We have very few good doughnut shops and, even the ones that are good, have limited selections.

With that said, there is a decent place near me that has a maple bar that they add pieces of bacon to the top of it.  If you're a person who likes the taste of "sweet" with the savory saltiness of bacon, it is fantastic!

WTF NOLA!
  • Options

WTF NOLA!
    @MissKittyDanger - I PM'd you :) 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2018
    well this is nice.  My cousin posted on her bachelorette facebook group page, which I'm sure she set up and then just gave her sister admin capability to make it look like she's not hosting it, (even though she's 100% hosting it) about the rehearsal dinner.  She crowd sourced and asked if it was OK if she invited all the out of towners (which would be me and my family) to the rehearsal dinner but have them pay? 

Most of the answers were guests for a rehearsal dinner should not be asked to pay for a meal.  In all honesty, I'm not part of the party and wont get butt hurt if i'm not asked to the rehearsal dinner.  If I have to pay my meal, I want a say as to where!

I solved this problem by doing a "welcome party" - no rehearsal dinner and ordered pizza and snacks for everyone.  She was there. She can steal that idea.

• Options

Thank you, ladies for talking about doughnuts while I'm here trying to get back on my "try not to be fat" track.

@MissKittyDanger - IDK if meetings are worth it. I've never been to one. I will say that the online only has helped me tremendously to change my habits and lifestyle. Everyone is different and I'm struggling to keep it up after I've lost the weight. That's why I'm considering switching to meetings - to see if they can help me keep this up forever (and for the possibility of WW being free). The WW app also has a social media thing that a lot of people find really helpful, so you can have interaction with other members without paying for meetings.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2018
    @cupcait927, I hope you get your power back soon.

The paycheck drama from yesterday continues. The company and the bank are pointing fingers at each other. In the meantime, I have a bank account with a negative balance and an overdraft fee. The bank said it would reverse the fee but it hasn't done so yet. Fuck.
  • Options

Thank you, ladies for talking about doughnuts while I'm here trying to get back on my "try not to be fat" track.

@MissKittyDanger - IDK if meetings are worth it. I've never been to one. I will say that the online only has helped me tremendously to change my habits and lifestyle. Everyone is different and I'm struggling to keep it up after I've lost the weight. That's why I'm considering switching to meetings - to see if they can help me keep this up forever (and for the possibility of WW being free). The WW app also has a social media thing that a lot of people find really helpful, so you can have interaction with other members without paying for meetings.

Everyone I know who has used WW has found the meetings beneficial. They say it helps keep them motivated. WW is the only weight loss program I know of that works for the majority of people who stick with it.