Wedding Woes
Options

Time to move WW?

IT struggles have hit TK again.  When this happened last year, I started a new back-up forum at the Free Forums website.  Though, back then, things started working again and we never used it.  But it is still there and here is the link:

http://weddingwoes.freeforums.net/thread/2/welcome-members-knot

In fact, @ILoveBeachMusic is the one who PM'd me the link when I mentioned in the Monday thread that I was going to look it up.  She can sign in and read everything, but she can't post.  Three other regulars have also mentioned problems with either logging in or posting.  I suspect there are more, because it has been quieter than usual here.

What do you all think?  Should we start migrating our discussions over there?  Wait and see if things get better again?

Either way, I will start checking that site for the time being.  For anyone who hasn't been able to login or post, let me know in a post on that site or send me a PM.  I will pass it along to this post.

Or at least as long as I can post, lol.  So far, other than the occasional "waiting for approval" error message, I haven't had any issues.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Time to move WW?

• Options
    This is different from ProBoards / Treehouse, right? 

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited August 2018

I'm only a little familiar with ProBoards, because I think I used to belong to a forum I rarely went to that was over there.  But, yeah, I think that is a totally different website for people setting up forums.  I'm not familiar with Treehouse, so I would assume it is different.

Edited to add:

Oops!  I just went to the main login page and it is part of ProBoards.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I hope and am assuming @MobKaz doesn't mind, but I am going to copy and paste her thoughts that she posted on the (above) forum.

@MobKaz, on the off chance I'm wrong and you would like me to take this off of here, let me know and I will.

From @MobKaz:

I have been in approval hell since the 15th. It has happened before but not for this long. I had a glimmer of success this morning for about 5 minutes, and I am now back in limbo. I did finally receive a message from "Knot Holly"....

We're sorry to hear that you are continuing to experience this! We have been actively investigating this issue but have not been able to reproduce it ourselves. Would you mind taking screenshots that show the message you're receiving and sending those to us at help@theknot.com, as well as all relevant details regarding what you are experiencing? We hope to resolve this as soon as possible. Until then, we appreciate your continued patience.

The problem is that I have submitted screen shots and given detailed info in the past.

There are many others that are being locked out for varying amounts of time. I have received a few PM's from others voicing their frustration. I agree that abandoning ship does not always prove successful. There was a mass exodus a few years back and it disintegrated into a complete shi* show.

I would love to try but I do think things do get "lost in translation". And over the years, the new and "lasting" members have become fun to get to know. That would be lost here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm only a little familiar with ProBoards, because I think I used to belong to a forum I rarely went to that was over there.  But, yeah, I think that is a totally different website for people setting up forums.  I'm not familiar with Treehouse, so I would assume it is different.

Edited to add:

The treehouse was a board made from a mass exodus years ago. 

Is that even still active? 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold I heard that rather died too, although it was popular for awhile. I lurked a bit but never participated. I asked if it was the same system so I can dredge up my old account info, haha. 

• Options

Edited to add:

The board I created isn't related to anything from the mass exodus.  I think that was a little before my time.  I don't know where any of that is/went. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Edited to add:

The board I created isn't related to anything from the mass exodus.  I think that was a little before my time.  I don't know where any of that is/went. 
    No, I know, sorry I wasn't clear. I was just trying to let you know what the treehouse was.

ETA - I must have lurked there too. I apparently had a login and I even got the password right on the first try!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I had trouble for days getting anything to post.  I was stuck in "approval" hell the entire time.  

• Options
    KimmiintheMitten here - count me in as one of the users whose apparently been kicked out!  I haven't been able to log in over a week so I created a new name, and voila no problems!  I'll udate my actual name on here as soon as it lets me.
  • Options
    KimmiintheMitten here - count me in as one of the users whose apparently been kicked out!  I haven't been able to log in over a week so I created a new name, and voila no problems!  I'll udate my actual name on here as soon as it lets me.

I saw the little notice that some random Knottie #'s was posting on this thread and was thinking, "Well, that's weird."  But now I see it's from our very own Kimmi, lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Old timers went over to Mexico on the Nest for a little while.  I still remember Wonderw1fe saying how she was going to hold down the fort on a rocker, knitting and waiting for the whipper snappers to come back.  I guess it'll have to be me and @6fsn now.  I think we're the oldest ones on here?
  • Options

I'm of the "wait and see" approach.  It is certainly better to stay here, if the IT issues can get worked out.  The "history" is here, so to speak.  And this is what people are used to.  But then, I know we don't want to lose members of the group.  Because not being able to post or login gets old fast.

I'm hoping that resurrecting that forum...not that there was much there, lol...will be a stop gap to keep people connected while hopefully things get sorted out over here.

I only get the "waiting for approval" error message once in awhile.  I don't know if this will work for other people. But, what I've been doing, is using the "Save Draft" while I'm typing up a post.  And "Save Draft" one more time before I hit "Post Reply".  If the "waiting for approval" message comes up, I leave that thread.  Then come back in.  And what I typed is still sitting at the bottom of the page, waiting for me to click "Post Reply" again.  Which I do and have always had it go through that second time.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Old timers went over to Mexico on the Nest for a little while.  I still remember Wonderw1fe saying how she was going to hold down the fort on a rocker, knitting and waiting for the whipper snappers to come back.  I guess it'll have to be me and @6fsn now.  I think we're the oldest ones on here?
    I remember Mexico.  :) 
  • Options
    I haven't seemed to have any issues, although I have in the past. 

Last time I had it happen, the time it seemed to happen to everyone, I tried creating a new username, but it didn't work. 

A few days ago, I had some approval issues. I think it was my post in Customs where the OP wanted to know what to do about wanting both dads to officiate. It said I needed approval three or four times before it finally posted. I've only ever had it happen once at a time in the past. 
  • Options

@levioosa reported on the other forum that she hasn't been able to post anything and sent a note to KnotHolly.  She did get a response back that was similar to @MobKaz's.

@kvruns also reported she just started having the same trouble with not being able to post.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    VarunaTT said:
    I remember Mexico.  :) 
    Stuck in a damn box...

I remember Mexico as well
  • Options
    I only pop on every now and then, but don't like change.
  • Options
    The Pro Boards got off to a robust start.  It is pretty much officially dead now.  There was some MAJOR drama, lots of accusations, and some fairly ugly words exchanged.

Ironically, one of the most "prominent" members was someone who legit started on The Knot as a "troll", and made no bones about it.  And the drama revolved around her and caused the ultimate demise.

I'm most frustrated that some legit friendships and meaningful, and mostly respectful, discussions have occurred on this forum.  **A perfect example is the chance @short+sassy took in quoting me.  Our "history" on these boards gave her the (correct) assumption that I would have no issue in her sharing my message.   It's sad that The Knot does not care whether this lives or dies.

I did send another email with attachments and lengthy explanations.  I explained that SCORES of members are having the same issue, whether it's a day, weekend, or in my case, (and Lord knows how many others) going on 7 days now!  I shared the irony that the most abandoned board is the Knottie Tech Help board.

Crossing my fingers that I am a "free" member of The Knot society......**clicking "POST REPLY
     2nd attempt...
    3rd attempt...
    4th attempt...
    5th....
    6th....
    7th....
    5,824,931st attempt......since August 15th.......

• Options
    I have no reason to post, but now I'm just doing so to see if I can.
  • Options
  • Options
    I just created an account - just let me know the consensus! 
  • Options

Hi Knotties, 

I have confirmed that our tech team is currently looking into this bug. In the meantime, we’ll be attempting to use a workaround for individual members’ accounts. If you are experiencing these issues, please PM me so I can look into your account. I apologize for the hassle this has caused and really appreciate your continued patience as we get this sorted out.

• Options
    I have no reason to post, but now I'm just doing so to see if I can.
    I am quoting and responding just to tempt the Knot gods.......
  • Options

It looks like most of the members having problems are able to post now.  Woohoo!  Though I hope I didn't just tempt fate, lol.

I did pass along the info KnotHolly gave to the other forum, for anyone who hadn't been over here to see that update.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been in "approval purgatory" for some responses for a while, others posted no problem. I'm surprised that @KnotHolly replied. I thought she was a fictitious screen name as previously didn't respond to the 'paging KnotHolly' requests