Wedding Woes
Options

Friday!!

what are the cool girls up to this weekend?  

Last day of fundraising today. We’re sittibg at $28k. Last year we raised $30k and had 150 more students.  Volunteers may be down but at least wallets are open!

Tonightbus 6let’s friend bday party. All he wants is for me to leave them alone and max to not talk too much:)

saturday 6let and max have soccer games. Mil will not be staying for 6let’s because it will cut it close to the osu kick off. The game she will be watching on tv. Then we’re hitting what may be the last family crew game. 

Sunday is church and Max’s soccer game. I’m choosibg to ignore the m2s team is so messed up she doesn’t have a game for the third weekend in a row. 

Re: Friday!!

• Options
    I'm so excited for the weather this weekend.  :D 

Tonight: Our friends are coming over for dinner and we're going to do a fire with s'mores.  

Tomorrow: DH and the kiddo are going to the Notre Dame game with FIL, BIL, and DH's stepgrandma.  DefConn and I are going to my parent's for dinner.  

Sunday: I have no clue...besides watching football.  ;) 
  • Options

I'm doing my first Walmart pick-up today.  I really hope it goes well, because I loved doing my grocery shopping online.  Instead of scouring aisles for what I want.  Trying to get around the jerks who think it is appropriate to park their cart in the middle of the aisle.  Only to face lines that are always a few people deep.

Oh yes, indeed.  If things go well today, I may never set foot inside a Walmart again, lol.  I'm kidding!  Sort of.  I can at least greatly cut down my trips.

I also get 7% of my purchase back when I order through the Walmart website, including pick-up orders.  I click to Walmart's website through my MyPoints account.  They're a website like Ebates, except you get points to use for gift cards instead of cash back.  I got about 4% of my purchase back in point values.  Then I paid with my Walmart MC.  And got another 3% cash back.

After my Walmart pick-up, I have two fast food mystery shops (ms) to do.  They should be pretty quick and easy.  And provide lunch, lol!  These particular ones are an interesting twist in the MS world.  They are "reveal and reward" shops.  I still go in there, pretending to be a normal customer, and go all the way through the transaction.  But there is a particular action I am looking for the cashier to do.  I reveal myself as a mystery shopper after the transaction and let the store's manager know how they did.  If the cashier did what he/she was supposed to, I have Amazon gift cards to give away to all the employees working on the shift.  These kind of shops are especially fun to do, when the store does what they are supposed to!  People get so excited and everyone thanks me.

Other than that, the rest of the weekend should be fairly uneventful.  I'm looking forward to sleeping in and relaxing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    S+S for the mystery shop after you tell the manager how they did if they didn't do whatever was required do they know they lost out on the gift cards? i am picturing people getting mad at their coworker if they knew they lost out on extra $$
  • Options
    Nothing tonight. We will probably watch a few movies or catch up on our shows that started on Wednesday.

Tomorrow - football all day and trying to disinfect and clean the house. H has the flu - he's required to get the shot for work reasons. I love him, but he's not the best sick person. He requires A LOT of attention  :D:D

Sunday - Heading over our friend house to watch football. They recently had a baby, so this is the first time meeting her.

I'm ready for the weekend! 
  • Options
    Sounds like a great weekend, Mrs.conn!

Really? Not staying for a soccer game to watch football on TV? C'mon.

I have a wedding tomorrow (with a freaking gap). Our OOT friend had planned on coming in for it but she's a farmer and it's harvest so she can't make it. But she got us a room at the reception venue - us being me, H and my sister. Super nice of her but now we have to get another room so we're not all in one and it would have been cheaper to just Uber home. Plus I have a Bears game Sunday so now I have to be all ready to go tomorrow and we'll leave on a different train. Oh well, we'll have fun! 

We got a new garbage pickup company in our town. This is our last week of the old company and we're supposed to take our garbage out as normal but leave the cans out because Old Company is coming to take them. New Company dropped off our new cans the day before our normal garbage day. It's garbage can freaking anarchy in my neighborhood. Cans everywhere. Old ones, new ones, cans in streets, cans on curbs, the wrong cans set out. Just a sea of garbage cans and confused residents. 

So, I bought this dress yesterday - https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2924311/juniors-speechless-open-back-lace-skater-dress.jsp?prdPV=15

I like it but I'm all insecure because it was in the juniors section. I'm 30 years old. Thoughts?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Sounds like a great weekend, Mrs.conn!

Really? Not staying for a soccer game to watch football on TV? C'mon.

I have a wedding tomorrow (with a freaking gap). Our OOT friend had planned on coming in for it but she's a farmer and it's harvest so she can't make it. But she got us a room at the reception venue - us being me, H and my sister. Super nice of her but now we have to get another room so we're not all in one and it would have been cheaper to just Uber home. Plus I have a Bears game Sunday so now I have to be all ready to go tomorrow and we'll leave on a different train. Oh well, we'll have fun! 

We got a new garbage pickup company in our town. This is our last week of the old company and we're supposed to take our garbage out as normal but leave the cans out because Old Company is coming to take them. New Company dropped off our new cans the day before our normal garbage day. It's garbage can freaking anarchy in my neighborhood. Cans everywhere. Old ones, new ones, cans in streets, cans on curbs, the wrong cans set out. Just a sea of garbage cans and confused residents. 

So, I bought this dress yesterday - https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2924311/juniors-speechless-open-back-lace-skater-dress.jsp?prdPV=15

I like it but I'm all insecure because it was in the juniors section. I'm 30 years old. Thoughts?
    I like it! I wish I could wear open back dresses. I'm a HH and my bras look like slingshots haha 
  • Options
    It actually covers my bra!! I'm definitely NOT a HH (A or B, depending on the brand) but a regular shaped bra fit right there between the cutouts. I was so excited!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    It actually covers my bra!! I'm definitely NOT a HH (A or B, depending on the brand) but a regular shaped bra fit right there between the cutouts. I was so excited!
    I clicked the link in your initial post and saw the front and got excited. I then saw the back and was instantly disappointed ha ha. No way my bra would not show. the band width is like 4-5 inches!
  • Options
    Oh he is too cute!! Love the pic! 

And I think my H and defconn have the same hairstyle. LOL
  • Options
    What an adorable picture. I love the pose - one proud papa and son!
  • Options
    I've got a PT appt today.  I've been touch and go--my leg is SO so painful at the end of the day--but activity doesn't make a difference.
    (and nerves are SO so weird.  A pinched nerve in my back = my leg is all wonked up.  And it is SO wonked up. 
    I am physically unable to raise myself onto my tip toes on my right leg.  It starts shaking and is 'to weak'.  But....a month ago it wasn't to weak.  and it's no less strong than the left leg, which can go onto tip toes.  Same if I try to, at PT, squeeze a ball with my knees.  My left leg does stuff fine, but my right leg just shakes like hell and is 'to weak' to do it.
    Also, I don't have feeling in most of it.  NOt just 'a little asleep', like, I could stab needles into it and not feel it.  That might take months to a year to come back.)

My folks are taking the kiddo tomorrow to go to a county fair, and I'm getting myself ready to go back to work. 

My note to go back says 'no bending or twisting, no lifting over 10 lb'
    Please laugh at the possibility that that will actually happen. I mean, my job is basically bending, twisting, and crwling on the floor.  and pciking up shit that kids spread all over.

My boss promised not to give me 'clean shit on the floor' shifts or 'play with infant' shifts (you can't be in the early childhood room and NOT be on the floor), and said I could stand at my computer--we'll find a solution for that part.

Getting the note to go back was like being a teenager trying to get parental permission.  I asked the PT, he was all "uh, it's not going to necessarily set you back, but it IS going to cause more pain." and when I pressed he was all "well, if your DOCTOR says you can go back..."
    So then I was at the doctors office having the same conversation "well, the PT says it's OK if you say it's OK">
    So I'm kinda pushing it.  Need to not do anything dumb and set myself back through.

The Mr. has been a real champ in all of this--he's basically doing everything.
    I offered to go grocery shopping today and he pointed out I can't lift half the shit into the cart, so he'd have to just go again...
    He's kinda exhausted though.
  • Options
    also, I'm waiting for a call from my OB.
    She wants me to have my mammogram (which I did) and then, 6 months later, an MRI of breast tissue.  I"m high risk and I take progesterone for migraines.
    But she said to get preapproval.

SO Yesterday, with my fucking 'script for an MRI in front of me (like, I can schedule the test at any point), I called my insurance comapny, who REFUSED to tell ME if it's covered.  they'll only tell the doc's office.
    So the doc's office was helpful, called them, and then called me back to say that it's denied as unnecessary.
    So my OB has requested a peerto-peer review to tell them they're assholes.  Or do doctory stuff to say "of course this is fucking necessary.  who wants an MRI unnecessarily?".
    But it irritates me.  ANd I'm waiting to hear back
  • Options
    kicking ass at the charity thing @6fsn!
    @short+sassy, that sounds like fun and I'd see how it's exciting if they do what they're supposed to! "you can an amazon card, and YOU get an amazon card and YOU get one too!".  Hope it all works out.
    @shessocold, you's young.  Live it up! wear it!
    @mrsconn23, super cute pic!

OK guys think of the most martyr-ey person you know.  Now triple it.  That's who I work with.  She comes in the office with a pained look on her face and complains about. every. single. thing.  Today it was about how hard she worked yesterday and how non stop it was for her.  I just said "wow" when she told me her hours and sometimes I ignore it.  I need a really good passive aggressive response next time she complains about how hard she works and she's pretty much the only one who works (not in those words, but she's thinking it).  I also know I'm not the only one bothered by it.

• Options
    kvruns said:
    S+S for the mystery shop after you tell the manager how they did if they didn't do whatever was required do they know they lost out on the gift cards? i am picturing people getting mad at their coworker if they knew they lost out on extra $$

I'm not sure if they know or not.  Though I would guess they probably do.  Either from talking to other stores or if there have been programs like this in the past.

This is my first time for this particular chain.  But I've done them for others and sometimes the shops aren't successful.  I've never seen anyone look even slightly mad.  More of an "oh bummer", slight disappointment.

Speaking of talking to other stores, I guarantee the second store I go to today will have their eyes peeled for me!  Because they aren't far from the first store I'm going to.  The second I leave, you know Store #1 is going to be burning up the lines to the nearby ones that the mystery shopper is on the prowl.  Along with my description, lol.  One of the problems with doing a program this way.  But, it's not my problem (shrug).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CharmedPam how about "yup, it's not fun, it's work.  that's why they pay us to do it'
  • Options
    Adorable photo @mrsconn23! And I like the dress @ShesSoCold. The juniors dept has some nice styles! So does the maternity dept...and men’s...don’t limit yourself ;) 

I know on here I’m a football fan.  Which I am.  But I’m like 200x more a baseball (specifically Mets) fan.  I’m going to two games this weekend- Saturday night is just H and me.  It’s one of the most important players in our franchise’s retirement, kind of a farewell game.  I’ve been to some emotional games but I’m sure this will really be up there.  Then Sunday is a day game- last game of the season (I wish we were a franchise with consistent October baseball  :s ) and the kids are coming.  The Mets are a very family-friendly team and the kids feel like Citi Field is an amusement park. So they’re pumped.  Weather is looking good.  So I’m excited...hope everyone else has nice weekends planned!
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold, that dress is so cute!  I've never even understood why there separate junior and misses sizes anyway.  So dumb and pointless.  At any rate, I don't think it looks "too young" at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've used a "Ya know, I think everyone in this office thinks they work significantly harder than everyone else". Usually helps people not complain to me.

Am I speaking a different language? Guy - "I need details of this plan." Me - "Attached is the annual summary. What details are you looking for?" Him - "Just the details of the plan". WHAT. FUCKING. DETAILS.
  • Options
    kvruns said:

I'm not sure if they know or not.  Though I would guess they probably do.  Either from talking to other stores or if there have been programs like this in the past.

This is my first time for this particular chain.  But I've done them for others and sometimes the shops aren't successful.  I've never seen anyone look even slightly mad.  More of an "oh bummer", slight disappointment.

Speaking of talking to other stores, I guarantee the second store I go to today will have their eyes peeled for me!  Because they aren't far from the first store I'm going to.  The second I leave, you know Store #1 is going to be burning up the lines to the nearby ones that the mystery shopper is on the prowl.  Along with my description, lol.  One of the problems with doing a program this way.  But, it's not my problem (shrug).

It's Halloween season.  Costumes are everywhere! :smile:

• Options
    I've used a "Ya know, I think everyone in this office thinks they work significantly harder than everyone else". Usually helps people not complain to me.

Am I speaking a different language? Guy - "I need details of this plan." Me - "Attached is the annual summary. What details are you looking for?" Him - "Just the details of the plan". WHAT. FUCKING. DETAILS.
    you know...all of them.

• Options
    Thanks ladies, I feel better about the dress. It didn't look super juvenile but I wanted outside opinions. LOL I apparently have a junior shape because I still sometimes buy jeans there too. 
  • Options
    edited September 2018

you know...all of them.
    I'm going to give him useless crap. "The envelope the policy was mailed in was blue. The proposal had 26 pages. The carrier was founded in 1948."

ETA - now this motherfucker asked me if "the pill" is covered on a group health insurance plan. You are an employee benefits insurance agent and you don't know that this shit is required?
  • Options
    kicking ass at the charity thing @6fsn!
    @short+sassy, that sounds like fun and I'd see how it's exciting if they do what they're supposed to! "you can an amazon card, and YOU get an amazon card and YOU get one too!".  Hope it all works out.
    @shessocold, you's young.  Live it up! wear it!
    @mrsconn23, super cute pic!

OK guys think of the most martyr-ey person you know.  Now triple it.  That's who I work with.  She comes in the office with a pained look on her face and complains about. every. single. thing.  Today it was about how hard she worked yesterday and how non stop it was for her.  I just said "wow" when she told me her hours and sometimes I ignore it.  I need a really good passive aggressive response next time she complains about how hard she works and she's pretty much the only one who works (not in those words, but she's thinking it).  I also know I'm not the only one bothered by it.
    I have a coworker like this. She's exhausting. 

She's seeing a new guy who would only text her occasionally  (it's been 3 weeks). I told her it's early, so to just relax.

He started texting her more, but then she noticed her name wasn't saved in his phone so she was upset about it

He put her name is his phone, but he can only hang on Friday's because he's a teacher and had to grade papers through the week and weekends. She was upset about it.

Last week they hung out Friday and Saturday, but she's upset that he can't hang Sunday. 

I'm like girl - you are on your own lol  

• Options

Oh, Pam!  Only you think Halloween season starts at the end of Sept :P

And maybe @NBSquared, lol.  I remember a recent post where she was talking about costumes :).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2018

And maybe @NBSquared, lol.  I remember a recent post where she was talking about costumes :).

no no.  Not the end of September.  The minute it became a 'ber' month I WAS ON IT!!!!

edit for:  I saw a meme that read

January February March
    April May June
    July August
    Halloween
    Halloween
    Halloween
    December

anyway, I bet the 2nd store isn't expecting a secret shopper clown...or a secret shopper dentist....or secret shopper Michael Myers....'just saying. 

• Options

Yes! Halloween is right around the corner!! 

I had to abandon our first costume idea - we decided to be double dare contestants instead. Easy enough and low cost! 
  • Options

no no.  Not the end of September.  The minute it became a 'ber' month I WAS ON IT!!!!

edit for:  I saw a meme that read

January February March
    April May June
    July August
    Halloween
    Halloween
    Halloween
    December

anyway, I bet the 2nd store isn't expecting a secret shopper clown...or a secret shopper dentist....or secret shopper Michael Myers....'just saying. 

It just occurred to me.  I know you and your H have been talking about coming out to NOLA at some point in time.

You all should think about during Halloween!  It's a huge event here.  I don't generally like hanging out on Bourbon St but, on Halloween and/or the weekend before, even I think it is a really fun place to be.  Tons of people...but not jampacked where you can't move...and everyone is in all kinds of creative costumes.  I love seeing what people come up with for their costumes.

And Oct. in NOLA, especially by the middle and end, is usually perfect weather.  high 60s to mid 70s, both day and night. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

It just occurred to me.  I know you and your H have been talking about coming out to NOLA at some point in time.

You all should think about during Halloween!  It's a huge event here.  I don't generally like hanging out on Bourbon St but, on Halloween and/or the weekend before, even I think it is a really fun place to be.  Tons of people...but not jampacked where you can't move...and everyone is in all kinds of creative costumes.  I love seeing what people come up with for their costumes.

And Oct. in NOLA, especially by the middle and end, is usually perfect weather.  high 60s to mid 70s, both day and night. 

So for the first year EVER we don't really have concrete travel plans for next year.  We had Italy planned but then canceled it.   H had to put his weeks in for next year (didn't have to, but he has until Nov to do this) and I said just put our cruise week in and then lets do Oct 26th 2019 and plan that week when we see what our money situation is like next year" so we actually have that week off and NO concrete plans!  It could happen!

• Options
    We are at the hospital. BFF is getting induced. So far (besides how long it took to get us in) the hospital and staff have been wonderful. I’m hoping it’s fast instead of dragging on for days.