Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesdays suck

That's about all I have to start the day.

Re: Tuesdays suck

• Options
    I hope your day gets better, 6!!

Yesterday my dumb ass left the fridge cracked all day. H was very sweet not to be all shitty to me about it (like I'd have a hard time not doing to him). 

We worked out. My big tattooed, long haired husband does Barre video classes now. His grace needs work. LOL 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Same.  I need a nap.  

The kiddo was hilariously delirious this morning. Me: "Hey!  Time to get up!" and he said, "You guys have already started drinking.  Why can't you let me sleep?"  Cue my confusion.  Me: "Dude! It's 7am...WAKE UP!"  He shook himself and was like, "Huh?!"  LOL  

I think if it's not shitty weather on Saturday that we're going to go do fall stuff like apple and pumpkin picking.  I really want some apple cider donuts, but I'm not sure there's anywhere local that has them. 
  • Options
    I go to NC next week for an event for my brother. Thursday night dinner dance, Friday night formal event, Saturday hockey game and either octoberfest or a bar. Y’all I don’t have enough cloths for all of this!  I have to drag my kid with me to the salon tomorrow because it’s the only time I can get in. I’m also getting my eyebrows done for the first time in years. 
  • Options
    I just woke up and I already need a nap. I got zero sleep last night between the cats, who are rambunctious assholes, and FI, who woke up and started working around the house at 3:30 am. After I went to bed at 1. So I feel behind already and the day just started. Mostly SSDD for me. I have studying to do.

Clinic was good yesterday except it was basically dermatology day for some reason, which is a weaker subject for me and so takes me longer per patient. It’s weird how certain conditions/subjects happen in clusters. And people kept trying the craziest home remedies. Please, do not pour hot/near boiling oil into orifices. And please don’t pour bleach on your skin. I feel like I shouldn’t have to tell you this. Except I do. And then I have to document it, which takes forever because we still have a paper system and it’s all handwritten. People get so creative with home remedies. It makes me feel unimaginative. lol

• Options
    Reposting here because I replied to the incorrect thread 😩

Typical Tuesday - I have a handful of meetings, but nothing major. I’m on the activities committee and we work with a non-profit organization called Operation Warm that provides brand new winter coats to children in need. We selected the school we are going to give the coats to this year, now we’re just trying to figure out the logistics. 

I need to to go to Ulta as I’m out of primer

I’m boring today lol 
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    I just woke up and I already need a nap. I got zero sleep last night between the cats, who are rambunctious assholes, and FI, who woke up and started working around the house at 3:30 am. After I went to bed at 1. So I feel behind already and the day just started. Mostly SSDD for me. I have studying to do.

Clinic was good yesterday except it was basically dermatology day for some reason, which is a weaker subject for me and so takes me longer per patient. It’s weird how certain conditions/subjects happen in clusters. And people kept trying the craziest home remedies. Please, do not pour hot/near boiling oil into orifices. And please don’t pour bleach on your skin. I feel like I shouldn’t have to tell you this. Except I do. And then I have to document it, which takes forever because we still have a paper system and it’s all handwritten. People get so creative with home remedies. It makes me feel unimaginative. lol

My H and I always laugh at the medicine commercials that talk really fast at the end.  I'm assuming to get in whatever small print info they're required to say.  And one of the statements is always, "Please don't take Chantix, if you are allergic to Chantix or any of its ingredients."

Thank you so much, Pfizer (and all the pharms), for that great advice!  I will be sure to not take a drug that I'm allergic to (eye roll). LMAO.

Yet, ya know they wouldn't have that disclaimer everywhere for all those advertised medications, if people didn't do it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:

Are you saying you've never shoved herbs up your bits to delay your period?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    levioosa said:

I actually do a sweet mix of sage puréed with coconut oil and Greek yogurt, with some essential oils to bolster the effectiveness. 

• Options
    levioosa said:

Okay - in regards to bleach on skin - I have some minor eczema issues on my wrist and I use whatever creme the doctor prescribes me when it’s bothering me. 

We we were taking about skin treatments at a get together a few weeks back and one of H’s friends bought a new girl he’s seeing.

She casually mentioned she bathes in bleach time to time when she has eczema flare ups and I had no idea that was really a thing. 
  • Options
    Okay I’ve never heard of shoving herbs or anything else up there  :o we do slather feet in olive oil and then put socks with peeled cloves inside on those feet to ward off colds.  Not sure if it works 

Back to work today, nothing new to report. The spirit week events are coming together nicely enough.
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    Okay I’ve never heard of shoving herbs or anything else up there  :o we do slather feet in olive oil and then put socks with peeled cloves inside on those feet to ward off colds.  Not sure if it works 

Back to work today, nothing new to report. The spirit week events are coming together nicely enough.
    LOL I probably should have put some sort of disclaimer. I don't need anyone blaming me for their bit problems if they read that and think I was serious.

A couple years ago here, someone posted on the Beauty board (I think) asking if anyone else had shoved herbs up their bits to delay their period because she's scheduled to start hers on her wedding day. Thankfully no one was recommending it to her.
  • Options
    Bathing in bleach!?!?! Holy hell. 
  • Options
    I had such a good weekend I really didn’t want to get up this morning. I started a new workout rountine (LIIFT4 for any BBOD fans out there) and my arms are still sore from this morning. I definitely need to up my water intake, too. 

I finally finisher painting the first floor yesterday! I still need to take all the tape down, but finally FINALLY the gross colors and marker stains are gone! Progress.  
  • Options
    eileenrob said:

LOL I probably should have put some sort of disclaimer. I don't need anyone blaming me for their bit problems if they read that and think I was serious.

A couple years ago here, someone posted on the Beauty board (I think) asking if anyone else had shoved herbs up their bits to delay their period because she's scheduled to start hers on her wedding day. Thankfully no one was recommending it to her.
    Oh I wasn’t about to try it! There wouldn’t have been anything for me to complain about to you lol. Hm I think I remember that post now that you mention it.

@charlotte989875 a lot of the ladies in my 2b Mindset (a BB program) group have been raving about LIIFT4!!
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    eileenrob said:

Oh I wasn’t about to try it! There wouldn’t have been anything for me to complain about to you lol. Hm I think I remember that post now that you mention it.

@charlotte989875 a lot of the ladies in my 2b Mindset (a BB program) group have been raving about LIIFT4!!
    Oh LOL I know you guys are smarter than that, but you never know who is lurking!! ;)
  • Options
    @charlotte989875 I have another 3 weeks of 80 day obsession then I’m doing that program. It’s supposed to be great for runners 
  • Options
    eileenrob said:
    eileenrob said:

Oh LOL I know you guys are smarter than that, but you never know who is lurking!! ;)
    Ugh. People, man. Everyone should check with their doctor before beginning any new skincare or health routine. This forum is not for medical advice or treatment. There. I said it. 

• Options
    6fsn said:
    @charlotte989875 I have another 3 weeks of 80 day obsession then I’m doing that program. It’s supposed to be great for runners 
    That’s what I heard, too which is why I wanted do it. I like that it’s only lifting 4 days a week so I can still run 3 days a week plus some other days when the workouts are shorter. 
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    levioosa said:

I actually do a sweet mix of sage puréed with coconut oil and Greek yogurt, with some essential oils to bolster the effectiveness. 
    It works best if you use pumpkin spice flavored yogurt and organic sage, in my experience. 
  • Options
    Just a little spoonful in a tub! My derm recommended it for stubborn ezcema once and it was great. 
  • Options
    Seasonal depression is a helluva thing.  I just kind of pulled out of the hormonal inspired one I was in...I could use a mental break.  Basically I ruminate on things too much right now, it's just that time of year for me.  But tonight is $1 tacos and I've got some work to keep my brain busy, hopefully.  we're entering into the "Varuna blows up her marriage" time frame, I can see it coming in my FB memories.  So basically, I want to sit around with wine and ruminate and be dramatic about it, b/c hey...that's just kinda who I am.
  • Options
    Just a little spoonful in a tub! My derm recommended it for stubborn ezcema once and it was great. 
    And there’s a big difference between the bleach bath Starmoon is describing and my patient who was pouring straight bleach on their body. The patient had burns from the bleach. And spoiler alert: it did not get rid of the skin condition they were convinced they had. Which they definitely did not have anyways. 

• Options
    Thinking about any concentration of bleach around my bits is making me understand how men get all weird when they see other men get hit in the nuts.
  • Options
    We just got next year's benefits package.  They offer pet benefits.
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    Y'all have way better companies than I've ever worked for. Walls of candy, pet benefits. I'm not doing work correctly.

SMH.

I can't even get ME medical insurance benefits, that doesn't come with a huge deduct. before they cover almost anything.

I also wish I could get spayed in a 15-minute procedure that only costs a few hundred dollars, lol.

The only unusual perks I've ever had was 2-liter bottles of soda in the break room and breakfast provided on Tuesdays.  That was at a previous job, a couple companies ago.  Then we had budget cuts.  And soda and Tues. breakfast disappeared also.

I felt like that guy on Office Space.  Wandering around with his red Swingline stapler.  Except mine wasn't even red.  It was normal black (sigh).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wish we could get pet insurance through H's employer! I work from home on straight commission so no perks here - H works for the postal service def no perks. However, DD works for a video game company and they have all the good perks. Free catered lunch 3 days a week, a company store with I think its $250 per month loaded they can spend on snacks and treats (DD uses it every day and takes stuff home and says she's never hit the limit so she thinks they don't even really keep up with it). They have very flex hours, pet friendly, cool parties and conventions - you name it. Its where the cool kids work, lol. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    We're not there yet, but I could see my company offering it. 

This is the first year my company is upcharging if your spouse/dom partner has access to health coverage through their job.  :/ I knew it was coming.  So now we have to sit down and do a frillion calculations to figure out what's going to be the best option(s). 
  • Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    6fsn said:
    We're not there yet, but I could see my company offering it. 

This is the first year my company is upcharging if your spouse/dom partner has access to health coverage through their job.  :/ I knew it was coming.  So now we have to sit down and do a frillion calculations to figure out what's going to be the best option(s). 

YES.  I've been a contractor the last 5 years, but I'm getting to the point they want to add me as an employee.  They are a small company, but offer $$$ benefits.  I'd have to sit down and really calculate out that cost too.