Rhode Island
Options

Affordable Photography

Has anyone used Erick Brown photography? His prices can't be beat...6 hours, small album w/ 50 photos, engagment session with 100 wallets for $1320...add $200 for a disk with all the photos for printing later. Plus, he gives 20% off if you book his daughter instead of him. Is he this cheap for a reason? The photos on his website look good, but I can't be sure.  I don't want to spend much more than $1500 for 6 hours of coverage with a disc of all the photos and this meets that and beyond. Anyone have any experience? Can you suggest someone else with similar pricing that had quality work?

I'm also considering The Murphys, Dana Pierce, Jamie DiNobile....any words of advice about these?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Affordable Photography

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of these photographers, but you should check out Caitlin Maloney!!
  • Options
    RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of them but you may want to look into Kevin Trimmer, his pictures are amazing.  He may be a little more though.

Another option out of Boston that gets rave review is JohnLo, I had contacted him and was pleased with his offerings.  Let me know if you want their pricing information, I should have it.
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    John Lo is definitely reputable. He also takes amazing pictures. I have heard of the Murphys - husband and wife team photographer. They are fairly budget friendly but definitely check out their work to see if they fit your style.  As for Dana Pierce, I read positive reviews and she is in the same pricing category as Erick Brown - whom I have seen advertised but don't  know of any brides who use him. You might want to check Casey from Hello Love Photo. I just posted a link with her work below. Book her before her rates go up because the girl definitely has an amazing eye. Kevin Trimmer does amazing work but I believe his packages start at 2 grand - still might be worth inquiring though. 

Erick Brown's package sounds quite generous. However, the package is not available on Saturdays from May-October so I don't know if your daughter's wedding falls on any of those dates. Aside from price, chemistry is important when booking a photographer. This is the person you will entrust with your most precious memories. 
  • Options
    MaddieBride11MaddieBride11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I booked The Murphys earlier this year and we love James and Tana and their style.  We clicked immediatley when we met them and we know they'll do such a great job at our wedding.

As far as pricing - I know when we booked, they started at $1,700 for a very basic package (everything is custom so we put ours together for just under $3,000) so they may be out of your budget but IMO, you can't expect "wow" photography at $1.500... You get what you pay for. 
    Madeleine & Owen | 4.7.12
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is fresh talent that does not command the high price tag an experienced photographer may have but that is not to say you can't get beautiful quality (not to be confused with quantity) shots with an up and coming photographer. That said, an experienced photographer has well experience and a network of equally talented photographer friends as back up in case of emergency. 

If you need help finding a photographer in your price range, try this tool. It list pictage photogs by budget. I would do a search in MA and RI. Now this is obviously only a few photogs but it definitely helps narrowing down the search. G.L

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info. I checked out Hello Love and her pictures are so pretty. I wrote her yesterday about prices, but haven't heard back yet. Do you have any info on her prices?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Shimma0506Shimma0506 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat. Who did you decide on?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards