Military Brides
Options

sh*t.

so, i went to go look at places for us to live for when FI gets home from afg (i'll say soon, for OPSEC reasons). while i was out there i met up with a friend, also in the military, whos wife is also in afg. he informed me that she's getting deployed again... shortly after our wedding. my FI is in the same unit, but he just reenlisted with orders to a different sector, or unit, or whatever. (i also spoke to his other buddy, also in afg. right now, who is supposedly also deploying on this mission; they were all in the same unit, i guess).

FI didnt mention any of this to me. his orders are supposed to shift over, which would end up, hopefully, excluding him out of this next deployment. but i guess theres a lack of communication, and his old unit still thinks they've got him, or whatever.

i know all of this comes with the territory. realistically, i know it's foolish to think we could avoid another deployment, especially since he just reenlisted for another 4 years. the talk ive heard (from friends husband) is that itd be over a month after the wedding. talking with FI, he said it might even be the same month.

siiiiiiiiiiiiigh. i hope none of this goes against opsec, because i really need to vent this stuff. if it does, let me know, and ill edit. but, blah. im not mad at FI for not mentioning it, but i do wish he would just talk to me about these things as they arise, instead of worrying about my reaction. i mean... in a sense, he is right. as much as i dont want to worry, now, i am worried. i'm not TOO worried about him not being here on our wedding day, but to just give him up a couple weeks/months after we get married? man. thats gonna just suck.

siiiigh.what the hell did i get myself into. i love him so much, and i know he loves me a TON. saving grace. but oh boy. these next 4 years are going to be beyond brutal. and oh man. all ive gotta say is this... the military better make sure he's here for the wedding. or else theyre going to encounter a war they've never imagined (haha, not really. but for real. after ive planned ALL of this?! they better let him be here.)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: sh*t.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be the first to admit that the constantly changing schedules drives me up the wall, but I am someone who likes to plan and be prepared.  My FI knows all this so he stopped telling me what was going on until it was more solid, but this drove me even more crazy because I couldn't plan at all! Plus I would hear the spotty details from friends and feel like an idiot when I had no clue what was going on. 

As far as your FI being able to be home for the big day, he needs to make sure to take leave, even if he is supposed to be back from his deployment.  On average, CO's are pretty understanding when it come to big things like weddings, just make sure that he gets the leave chit in early!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i wouldn't start to worry, until orders come down its nothing but gossip. Its like when you were little and played telephone.until its in writing put it in the back burner and keep it movingLaughing

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards