Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wanted to let everybody know..

I am a lurker but I figured this had to be posted.. I just saw a rooster cake mold in the seasonal/fall section of walmart! So i think that's close enough to a chicken right?

Re: Wanted to let everybody know..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Considering that a rooster IS a chicken (a male one), I'd say you're good to go ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    totally true. I'd have to say that I passed on getting it myself. It did make me laugh while standing in the store, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I would completely lose it if i encountered that in public.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only WISH I had found a rooster cake mould in Wal Mart. That would make my day, my week, and maybe even my month (can you tell I'm a student who doesn't get out much?). I'd probably start giggling like a fruit cake though.
    He pretty much had me at "hello".
    -- PS I agree with whatever Jeana said --
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you know..actually it's been a very engashment cheekeny kind of day. On Food Network (because i'm a junkie for that now, apparently) today..they had a recipe for MOJITO CHICKEN. coincidence? I'm thinking not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MOJITO CHICKEN?!?!?! WOW!!!!! It's like, they came on the NEY board and created a recipe just for us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol, Geaux you must have been lurking a long time to even know to spell engagement chicken all funky!Now, I must ask..... are you from Louisiana, or is there somewhere else in the world that uses "geaux"?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha, I am from Louisiana. (at LSU now). I don't feel so much of a lurker as a stalker...i think it know too much. :-P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey I also go to LSU!Dang, I'm meeting all kinds of locals around this board.... more than on my local board. lol
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha I do check out the local board sometimes..it's so so sadly slow.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I demand to know what stadium is in your siggy.  If it's the Saints then I'm sorry we can't be friends.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    haha, that is Tiger Stadium/Death Valley. if you look, the band's spelling out LSU on the field. I <3 the panorama on my camera..and the stadium was the perfect place to use it. buuut still idk if we can be friends. WHO DAT and all dat. i'm just sayin..undefeated. (but please don't judge too hard, this is the only time in like our lives that NOLA people get to finally support our football team!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha that's ok.  My man Eli is from NOLA and if they never had the play the Giants I may like the Saints.  Damn did they kick our butts!
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    NQB, that's the stadium I walk past every day to go to class. Today Mike the Tiger was playing with a tire in his swimming pool. I took a picture. :D
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Mike! I have some cool pictures of him too, before the Florida game we walked past his habitat and he was already in his little trailer cage, so i was like right up on him. but I've heard they have to give him some chill-out medicine before the games, so he wasn't too playful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say we all get together and I'll make the mojoito chicken!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    [i]I say we all get together and I'll make the mojoito chicken!! [/i] I'm down for that - Baton Rouge is a pretty easy trip for me! Or better yet a fun filled weekend down in New Orleans!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if it's new orleans, we can forget the chicken and just get mojito daquiris!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh New Orleans, I'm so there!  I've always wanted to go.  Stupid Vegas taking all my vacation days.

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    [i]if it's new orleans, we can forget the chicken and just get mojito daquiris! [/i] hells yea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be there in spirit. It's a bit too far from Ontario. Skype maybe? That could work.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love New Orleans, unfortunately all FI wanted to do when we went was stay in the hotel room and make out all weekend.Pfft. I didn't drive for an hour to see the inside of the Hilton.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Next time we'll go together Jeana and the boys can stay behind if all they want to do is stay in the hotel room ; )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a plan to me, Rachel!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all, making out all night sounds like an excellent use of vacation to me.  :-)Second, I really do want to get out to NOLA sometime soonish.  Let me see how many miles I have after Florida and I'll let you know.  Massive NEY gtg?

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    nqb - that sounds like an excellent idea! I've been wanting to go down there again
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I gotta see if I can take a Friday off or something and make it a long weekend. We were supposed to get there this fall but then New Orleans came up and I used the rest of my vacation days for that.  Alas January is a whole new year.  :-)

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We definitely need to find time when we are all available to make this happen!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I will be on winter break until January 19.... after that there'll be spring break in April (I think, maybe March).I would not suggest NO in summer. :P
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm pretty open - I'm not sure where I'll be working but I can make sure I get the time off if need be
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards