Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Random Questions

2»

Re: Thursday Random Questions

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-random-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a8d69328-8a29-4e6d-8dda-b7f03e82c4e4Post:15fe6e2d-52d9-493b-adde-cdc60280fd31">Re: Thursday Random Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Random Questions : You guessed correctly. My parents decided to keep the spelling of it as Lee, which I thought was kind of strange for a girl, but I like it. My dad's middle name is his dad's first name. I was my dad's firstborn, so we kind of kept the tradition going. Leia - that's funny that we have/had the same nickname, especially because I wouldn't think that "Punky" is very common.
    Posted by melmac86[/QUOTE]

Lee makes me think of Lee Stetson from Scarecrow & Mrs. King. *swoon*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-random-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a8d69328-8a29-4e6d-8dda-b7f03e82c4e4Post:38395192-c1ef-4ee1-82e4-4866cc226304">Thursday Random Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's too quiet here, so tell me: <div>1.  What's your father's middle name? Roger<div> 2.  Do you put your right shoe or left shoe on first?  Usually left</div><div>3.  Newest beauty product discovery?  Share the recommendation!  Revlon Lip Butters!! I know they're not exactly new, but they're still amazing.</div><div>4.  Childhood nickname? JessieBoo</div><div>5.  What do you call your grandmother? Gammy-toast</div><div> 6.  How old were you the first time you really kissed someone?  Kindergarten pecks don't count.  18 (:</div><div>7.  What do you order at Chick-Fil-A?  (Or, what would you order if you didn't refuse to give your money to those jerks?)  Hmm, I think I usually would get the Chicken sandwhich. I believe it was number one.</div><div> 8.  What time do you wake up in the morning if you don't have to be up for anything? Probably 10:30
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

</div></div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    1.  What's your father's middle name? Allan (which I'm sensing was a trend in the 50s, based on how many of your Dad's have that middle name too).

2.  Do you put your right shoe or left shoe on first? Usually the right, but its inconsistent.

3.  Newest beauty product discovery?  Share the recommendation! Not too sure. I've been using the tea tree oil line from Bath & Body Works lately and I'm loving it. I was having a lot of trouble with really dry skin in some places + zits in others. It's basically solving all my problems.

4.  Childhood nickname? Mighty.

5.  What do you call your grandmother? Grammy.

6.  How old were you the first time you really kissed someone?  Kindergarten pecks don't count. 16? 17? Not sure how old I was, but I do remember it.

7.  What do you order at Chick-Fil-A?  (Or, what would you order if you didn't refuse to give your money to those jerks?) I have never been to Chick-Fil-A. I don't even know if we have them in Canada.

8.  What time do you wake up in the morning if you don't have to be up for anything? 9:30ish. Depends on when I went to bed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Can't paste.

1. Not telling.
    2. Left. I'm left-handed, I lead with the left side of my body for everything.
    3. The only recent discovery I've made is that BigLots deep sea body wash sucks.
    4. Minerva Mud. As a kid I lived in the creek, mud puddles, dirt piles, etc. I was often guilty of making mud slides and trying to dig pools.
    5. Mema for maternal. G-ma Jane for paternal. (play off of G-I Jane.)
    6. 7th grade? I'm not really sure.
    7. Spicy chicken sandwich and YUMMY WAFFLE FRIES!
    8. 8-8:30.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1.  What's your father's middle name?  Eugene

2.  Do you put your right shoe or left shoe on first?  Right

3.  Newest beauty product discovery? I started using Simply Organic product for my hair and love it.  It is a bit spendy, but less truly is more, so they last a long time.  I am using bangs and Ends cream and a Sunshine Heat activated spritz.  Also, Zuzu Luxe lipstick.  LOVE IT!

4.  Childhood nickname? Only had one from my grandpa: Petunia 

5.  What do you call your grandmother?  Nothing since we had a huge argument the last time I visited her and she was using racial slurs in front of my daughter who was in a repeat-everything-stage.  

6.  How old were you the first time you really kissed someone?  Kindergarten pecks don't count.  I think I was 10; it was in a corn field with a country boy I had spent a few weeks hanging out with over the summer when I visited my grandpa's house.  My brother caught us and threatened to tell our mom.

7.  What do you order at Chick-Fil-A?  (Or, what would you order if you didn't refuse to give your money to those jerks?) Haha!  They had one at the college I attended.  I just got nuggets sometimes.

8.  What time do you wake up in the morning if you don't have to be up for anything?  Depends on how late I went to bed.  Sleeping in until 10 is nice, just because!

• Options
    1.  What's your father's middle name?  Francis

2.  Do you put your right shoe or left shoe on first? Never really noticed... I think I just start with whichever sided shoe is closer to me at the time

3.  Newest beauty product discovery?  Share the recommendation! I actually discovered it through my S.O.- he started using Clear shampoo and it's been working wonders for him.  Then today I found out that they make a women's formula too, so I'm anxious to try it and see if it will work for me

4.  Childhood nickname? Sammy Jo

5.  What do you call your grandmother? "Nanny" when I was younger, "Nan" when I got older

6.  How old were you the first time you really kissed someone?  Kindergarten pecks don't count. I was in grade 7, so I was either 12 or 13

7.  What do you order at Chick-Fil-A?  (Or, what would you order if you didn't refuse to give your money to those jerks?)  I don't think we have those in Canada...

8.  What time do you wake up in the morning if you don't have to be up for anything? When I'm with my S.O., if he doesn't have his son for the night/morning, we sleep in til 10:00 or 11:00.  Otherwise it's usually between 8 or 9
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1.  What's your father's middle name? 
    William

2.  Do you put your right shoe or left shoe on first? 
    Hell, I've never paid attention. I suppose right.

3.  Newest beauty product discovery?  Share the recommendation! 
    Maybelline Baby Lips tinted lip balm. THE GREATEST. And it's not just a little bit of tint, it's a really nice color. I will admit, however, that the Pink Punch shade is a little too mod for me most days.

4.  Childhood nickname? 
    I went by Mary Beth until I was 17. (And now you know what the "m" in my SN stands for.)

5.  What do you call your grandmother? 
    I'm not close to my one living biological grandmother, my dad's mother. She & my grandfather retired to Alaska when I was 11, and they'd never made much time for us even when they were living nearby. If I really put my mind to it, I can probably count the number of times I've talked to her & definitely the number of times I've seen her since middle school.
    That being said, I always called both her & my mom's mother (who helped raise me, but died when I was 8) by Grandma + last name.
    I'm really close to SO's grandmother, though, and I usually call her either Grandma or Bette. (SO, who is knocking on 30's door, still calls her Omama sometimes, which is adorable.)

6.  How old were you the first time you really kissed someone?  Kindergarten pecks don't count.
    14 when I had my technical first kiss, 16 when I had what I consider my real first kiss.

7.  What do you order at Chick-Fil-A?  (Or, what would you order if you didn't refuse to give your money to those jerks?) 
    LOL. I've eaten there once ever, and I probably got some chicken tenders or some such shite.

8.  What time do you wake up in the morning if you don't have to be up for anything?
    Noon. AWESOMENESS.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

• Options
    melmac86melmac86 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thursday-random-questions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a8d69328-8a29-4e6d-8dda-b7f03e82c4e4Post:1beb75bb-f280-4739-818c-f32a0edab71d">Re: Thursday Random Questions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Thursday Random Questions : Lee makes me think of Lee Stetson from Scarecrow & Mrs. King. *swoon*
    Posted by leia1979[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard of this, so I googled Stetson and it's mostly an old guy with a long beard that comes up in images. I'm not into the whole gigantic beard thing, but if that's him, maybe he was more handsome and less hairy in his younger years?
  • Options
    1.  What's your father's middle name?
    Dale

2.  Do you put your right shoe or left shoe on first?
    Left, I think.

3.  Newest beauty product discovery?  Share the recommendation!
    Mousse foundation from Loreal.  That sh!t is amazing.  Otherwise, I'm really just makeup stupid.

4.  Childhood nickname?
    From my parents - Peek A Boo.

5.  What do you call your grandmother?
    Grandma

6.  How old were you the first time you really kissed someone?  Kindergarten pecks don't count.
    13.  I was on a bus on the way home from a Model UN Conference.  He had braces, and I remember my teeth felt tingly afterwards.

7.  What do you order at Chick-Fil-A?  (Or, what would you order if you didn't refuse to give your money to those jerks?)
    Grilled chicken club sans bread, waffle fries with BBQ and Ranch, and a milkshake if M is with me.  Preferably strawberry.

8.  What time do you wake up in the morning if you don't have to be up for anything?
    Like 8.  10 if I'm super exhausted.  I plan on sleeping till noon tomorrow though, which likely means I'll be up at 6.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards