Montana
Options

Needing ideas for a reception in Billings!

I have ran out of ideas  as far as places to have our wedding reception. We have looked all over, and even booked the Holiday Inn. We realised the minimum we would have to pay for food alone was above our budget. If anyone has any ideas they could share they would be much appreciated.
We are thinking something pretty simple, with no live band or anything over the top.

Re: Needing ideas for a reception in Billings!

• Options
    edited December 2011

We had our wedding at the holiday inn, the food was definately the most $$ in our entire budget so it does get expensive, but I wouldn't have had ours anywhere else! There are lots of other venue's you could try. I've heard Oscar's Park in the heights is a good one, there is The Knights of Columbus on Grand, (the other hotels require you buy the food from them so that will be pricey also) you'll want to find somewhere you can cater in your own food. Moss mansion is an option, how big is your guest list?

There is a wedding fair this Sunday Jan 9th from 12-5 at the Holiday inn convention center, you should go and check out all the booths, there will be caterers and other venue's there along with lots more.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought of a few others:

The Yellowstone Art Museum , the zoo, I've seen a reception at Riverfront park, but there are TONS of mosquitos there in July, trust me we had our E-pics taken there the beginning of July and came home looking like we had chicken pox.

The Elks but I think they were kinda pricey and you did have to use their food.

The Depot is decently priced, especially if you only need half the depot instead of both sides and you cater in food. If I remember right, the Depot was $750 and $600 for each of the rooms and you can rent them seperately.

For catering, check out Montana Jacks, they have amazing packages, their staff is so friendly. If the hotel didn't have to cater ours I would have definately gone with them, their packages even include cakes, and those get super pricey. They will also work with your budget to see what they can do in your price range.
  • Options
    jjohns7jjohns7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_montana_needing-ideas-reception-billings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:100Discussion:1ed24ca2-e7db-483f-9547-d57fdce78e0cPost:5ee16e0a-3106-4503-9053-eb34eb8cf347">Re: Needing ideas for a reception in Billings!</a>:
    [QUOTE]for a great list, go to <a href="http://www.billingsmontanaweddings.com" rel='nofollow'>www.billingsmontanaweddings.com</a>
    Posted by jjohns7[/QUOTE]

That is a GREAT list. FYI I used Pat Clark for my officiant, she is AWESOME!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitly use Pat Clark!

Some of the hotels don't require you to use their food anymore. Like Hilton Garden Inn behind Home Depot.

I did mine at the HI and loved it! My guests raved about the food and when I checked everywhere else for catering it wasn't a huge difference from what they had at HI.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at The Knights of Colombus on Grand.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards