Chit Chat
Options

Newlywed problem... (long)

You girls always have really good advice so here it goes.

Background info:
My husband and I got married on 1/8/2011, have been together for more than 4 years and have shared a house, a dog, finances, etc for 2.5 years. He is 24 and I am 21, almost 22 years old. We do not have any kids and we both have degrees/stable jobs and are financially comfortable.

My problem is this:
I have never felt so discouraged in my life. I mention the fact that I just got married or that I have a husband and people make comments about how my marriage will almost definitely end in divorce or how I "shouldn't be surprised when I find someone better ten years down the road" (real comments I've received). It has happened so many times in just 3 or 4 weeks and it is starting to really, really discourage me. At first I would just brush the comments off but it's kind of tiring when I feel like I'm getting at least one comment every day. It's to the point where I completely avoid talking about my husband and/or my personal life so that I don't have to bring it up.

Here are my questions:
Am I being too sensitive? Have you (or do you know anyone who has) dealt with anything similar? If so, how did you respond to those types of comments? Any other pieces of advice??

FYI I frequent these boards, as do my mom and MOH so I am using an alternative profile/alternative (but similar) info.

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards