New Hampshire
Options

reception location

I’m recently engaged and just browsing online at locations of all sorts in all areas of NH, Northern Central MA, and on the coast between Boston, MA and Wells, ME. My FI and I aren’t looking to get married until like late spring/summer/early fall 2013, but I’m having a hard time finding reception sites that aren’t a hotel or restaurant for small number. I’ll settle if I have to, but I’d really prefer to not. And country clubs are definitely okay! We’re wanting to have just a family and close friends reception at around 40-70 guests (with a definite minimum at 39). Any ideas? Please and thank you =)

Also, my budget is basically unlimited according to my dad. He'd prefer I'd keep it below $30k, which I'm assuming won't be hard with a small wedding, but if it for some reason were to go above that (I do tend to change my mind.. A LOT), he's willing to pay it. I'm not an extravagant person by any means, but I would like a location that doesn't look .. forced, if that makes sense.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: reception location

• Options
    edited December 2011
    First of all, congrats on your engagement!  We had the same issue when searching for a venue.  Most of the places we were interested in catered to much bigger weddings.  We finally found our perfect place in Glen Magna Farms in Danvers, MA.  It's beautiful and the perfect size for a smaller wedding. 

Other options we considered that fit our smaller wedding were the Bedford Village Inn, NH, The Lyman Estate, Waltham, MA, the Phoenix Room, Newburyport, MA, and the Exeter Inn, Exeter, NH
    There is also L'Andana restaurant in Burlington, MA.  They have a gorgeous event room and are great to work with....plus the food is amazing!  We have our anniversary dinner there every year and my sister got married there is summer.

Good luck in your search!
  • Options
    melb2013melb2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really wanted a small wedding of 60 or so people, but my FI family is huge, so that was out.  I did do some research though for smaller venues.  I would recommend Oleana (amazing food and adorable outdoor garden for ceremonies), No.9 Park (again amazing food and prices weren't as bad as you would think- has a perfect view of boston public garden), and L'Andana (the room looked beautiful and they were very nice when I talked to them).  Good luck!  Congrats!

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our ceremony and reception at the Granite Rose in Hampstead, NH.  They have 2 rooms to choose from and are wonderful to work with,
    Anniversary
  • Options
    FireDancer04FireDancer04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Exeter Inn in Exeter, NH is gorgous and wouldn't be too small or too big for you. Also take a look at the NH Bio, link is in my siggy for a list of places past knotties have used.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd highly recommend the Bedford Village Inn!  Our wedding had about 80 guests, and it was the perfect size for us.  The other two places that come to mind are Stonehedge in Tyngsboro ( http://stonehedgeinnandspa.com/weddings-events/index.cfm ) and The Barn at Gibbet Hill ( http://www.barnatgibbethill.com/ )

Congratulations and happy planning!
  • Options
    KimG82KimG82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd highly reccommend the Atkinson Country Club in Atkinson NH. I willl be getting married there next month and my sister was married there 4 years ago. They have many spaces available, froma HUGE ballroom, to smaller rooms to fit a smaller crowd. They also have suites to stay over night, an amazing restaurant, a bar/pub, a Gazebo or Terrace you could be married under.
    Their grounds and venue is amazing and definitely worth a look!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you are willing to do a Friday or Sunday you might have more options. I know most places we looked at had a minimum on saturdays because that was their money making day for people with big receptions.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception at the Shattuck Golf Club in Jaffrey, NH (near Mt. Monadnock).  Reasonably priced a beautiful hall with high cathedral ceilings.
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards