April 2013 Weddings
Options

Oh happy day!

Happy Friday!

Anyone have any super awesome plans for the weekend?

FI and I are going to the Tiger's game on Sunday. We haven't been to one yet this year because we were on opposite schedules, so I am pumped for this one. We have access to the Pepsi Porch area as well, so that means free food - and I love me some free food haha.

Oh! I am standing up in a wedding in October, and our BM dresses are from David's Bridal. Well I tried mine on the other day and it was made pretty crappy. The hard lining in the dress - basically the part of the dress that gives you boobs - one of the sides was sewn in assbackwards so it digs into my ribcage and it makes the boob part look weird. Also the lining in the dress is longer than the actual dress so it hangs out. Thankfully my aunt is a seamstress and will fix it for me.

I think we will also be doing some house hunting Saturday. Mostly looking online, but I'd like to drive through some neighborhoods to get a feel for what we want.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Re: Oh happy day!

• Options
    TGIF!!!!
    VK-have fun at the game, and good luck house hunting!!!

I plan to go running this afternoon, and I get weighed in tomorrow at weight watchers. I am hoping to hit my 10% goal of 14lbs (I have lost 12lbs so far!!!) Fingers crossed, but I will have to stop around the 20lb mark because my dress is already in and they can only take my dress in 2 dress sizes.
    After that, my family is taking the ferry to Long Island. My mom has recently re-connected with her brother. So we are going to their(my aunt and uncles) house for a bbq. Sunday I want to work on my STDs. I have been procrastinating, but September is two weeks away and I wanted to have them out by then!

Have a good friday and a good weekend everyone!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My car got broken into the other night in the ghetto we currently live in so FI wants to move to our house ASAP.  Some problems, though - we're in the middle of refinishing the floors, we're in the middle of painting the kitchen, and we don't have appliances.  Best Buy has a sale for a convection oven, microwave, and dishwasher for $1700 so I'm going to get that today (and cringe as I charge the most expensive thing I've ever charged!) and I told him we should get our fridge at Home Depot when we pick up wood stain.  He thinks appliances just appear when you order them....um...no, FI.  Sorry.

Sunday I work my first Steelers game though!  I'm excited even if that means less work time on the house.  :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Christine, awesome job with the weight loss!! I am at a stand still right now, but I stopped working out for a few weeks and I need to start back up.

Erbear - when I first read your post, I thought your FI wanted to move out of your NEW house and I thought wow that is quick. But reading fail on my part. That is pretty sh*tty of whoever did that. People suck. And when you say working the game, what are you going to be doing?
  • Options
    Yeah, it was.  They didn't steal anything or damage anything, they just opened up the glove compartment and the center console and emptied everything out.  I guess my NSYNC Greatest Hits CD didn't appeal to them.  OH well!

I'll be working guest service!  I don't know exactly what I'll be doing yet, aside from just assisting people in the stadium.  My college team (Pitt) plays in the same stadium so I get to see/work all of their home games, too.  Super excited!
  • Options
    I'm going dress shopping for the first time this weekend!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Options

Erbear - that sounds like a blast!!

Cryssteen - Have fun! I hope you find 'the one'!!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_oh-happy-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:c67ef4e5-b02e-4114-9aad-db801875a022Post:69d0d7d7-568a-4d89-a830-89cd98a47f49">Re: Oh happy day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My car got broken into the other night in the ghetto we currently live in so FI wants to move to our house ASAP.  Some problems, though - we're in the middle of refinishing the floors, we're in the middle of painting the kitchen, and we don't have appliances.  Best Buy has a sale for a convection oven, microwave, and dishwasher for $1700 so I'm going to get that today (and cringe as I charge the most expensive thing I've ever charged!) and I told him we should get our fridge at Home Depot when we pick up wood stain.  He thinks appliances just appear when you order them....um...no, FI.  Sorry. Sunday I work my first Steelers game though!  I'm excited even if that means less work time on the house.  :)
    Posted by erbear84[/QUOTE]

You should def get Best Buy's Reward Zone deal if you don't already have it! Just a points system - we got a good amount of $ back there. Or if you want to help out people on commission, a friend here told me that Sears will price match Best Buy's prices -- wish I'd known that when we bought our washer/dryer set!

Tonight FI has his fantasy football draft. I work tomorrow, but Sunday will be busy! We're getting a friend to do engagement pictures (we'll see how that goes) and then in the afternoon one of my BMs is going with me to try on BM dresses. Hopefully we'll make a decision soon so we can order them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    Good job on the weight loss! That's my goal- about 15 pounds. But I'm giving myself the rest of the 8 months to get there LOL.

I get to go meet my brand new baby niece tomorrow! She was born yesterday. I can't wait to hold a tiny baby again :)

Sunday, nothing much- just hanging around, chores, gym, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I had a good week.
    Booked the photographer this week.
    Confirmed that the guy we wanted to make our cake topper CAN do our design.
    Got stuff to schedule our first cake tasting.
    Decided a DJ - just need to sign the contract.

My weekend is going to be meh.  Have to work 5am-2 Saturday and Sunday and I'm the only cake decorator due to vacations and stuff, and the usual partial decorators have to be doing other things, also due to vacations and stuff.  So not a lot of help for me.  I'll probably have to work late.

After work, I'm finishing decorations for the bridal shower I'm hosting for a friend next weekend.

Have fun Cryssteen and Erbear.  Crazy that football season is about to start!  (Though I'm more of a college football fan).
  • Options
    Erbear, what part of town was your car in?  I'll have to stay clear of there for awhile.  I'm glad that they didn't get anything of importance.  Ps: If you haven't thought of it already, don't forget to go to Giant Eagle and get Home Depot gift cards before you purchase your frig, that way you get all the gas perks with that big purchase.  Probably would work up to a few free tanks of gas (that's what FI and I did when we did all of our big purchases).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maba - I have a reward zone card.  I'm excited to get the rewards back; I can do a LOT of xmas shopping there for my teenage nieces!

lpowers, we live on the North Side right now.  Ironically, I saw a news report the morning of the break in about how police are on alert in many neighborrhoods due to break ins - and mine wasn't one of them.  So now I don't know if I should call the police and let them know or what.  I don't have to file a report or whatever; I just want them to know.  I'm about 99% sure it was a junkie looking for something valuable to resell.

And yeah, we don't have the cash ATM for GE gift cards, which sucks because at the rate I've been buying gas, that would be awesome.  Our fridge was like $1000 last night.  So now all we need is a washer/dryer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards