New Hampshire
Options

Tipping Vendors

I know there are a million posts out there about this, but I wanted to get opinions here. :)

All of my vendors own their own company, and gratuity is included at my venue. So, do I tip anyone, or not? 

If you are already married, what did you end up doing? 
Photobucket

Re: Tipping Vendors

• Options

All of our vendors owned their own businesses as well.   We ended up tipping the DJ because he did such an awesome job!   And I tipped my make up person too.

Anniversary
  • Options
    my photographer and DJ own their own businesses so I more than likely won't be tipping them unless like PP said, they are AMAZING!

as of right now the only person I know I will be tipping is the limo driver (assuming all goes well)

eeekkk!! your 3 days away! you must be soooo excited! Best of luck to you and your FI on your big day =)
  • Options
    Not meaning to hijack the thread, but is the general rule of the thumb to tip vendors who work for a company and only tip  vendors who own their own business if they go above and beyond?
    126 Invited image
    37 Ready to Rock! image
    9 Party Poopers image
    80 Can't find the mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I tipped our waiter that our venue assigned to us for the day...he was phenomenal!

Also, I tipped my hair and make-up ladies because they were great too.

Our logic was to tip those that we felt went above and beyond regardless of who owned their own business or not.  Tipping is an extra, not a requirement.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We tipped the wedding coordinator at our reception venue, our asst. photographer, and the DJ. We got a gift card to the Common Man for the deacon who did our wedding and his wife (who acted as day of coordinator at the church). All others owned their company. Hope this helps! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you for all your help. We ended up tipping the photographers and DJ, because they were amazing!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards