Snarky Brides

example of fine parenting skills

one of our customers called us to complain--his kids (college age) are using his credit cards to buy from us without his permission.  he is all upset with us and wants us to stop allowing them to use it.  I explain the ways we can enforce this, but it isn't perfect because we can't track actual CC numbers for security reasons and if the kids use a friend's phone or cell, we'd have no way of knowing.so I suggest taking away the CCs . . . no, they need them on occasion.  I suggest canceling the card and obtaining a new one, but noooo.  he has too many miles.  Sir, I say, your CC company can transfer miles.  but he says it would be too "complicated".  I finally said, Sir.  Have you told your children to stop using your CCs without your permission?  "well . . . yeah, but they don't listen."  well, then, by all means, dipshiit.  keep calling the various businesses your kids are using your CCs with and keep exposing yourself as the pushover, lazy, piss-poor pskills parent you are.  WTF??  I cannot IMAGINE using my parents' cards without their permission, even during my broke-arse drug-using college phase.  They probably would have broken my legs, and I knew it.  What the fukc is wrong with these pansy-arse parents nowadays?

Re: example of fine parenting skills

• I cannot understand what his kids possibly need his CC for that he is not willing to take them away. I sure would.
  • Didn't you have a story similar to this in the past? The fact that people actually call vendors and tell them to watch their credit is DUM.
  • I can't imagine why his kids seem to think they can walk all over him.  It's a head scratcher.My co-worker got a call from her daughter's school yesterday informing her that when they tried to scold her daughter, she would just laugh at them and make faces.  Co-worker has no idea where she picked up this behavior.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Soo...every solution you proposed is "too complicated" for him to bother with, but calling every vendor they use his CC for without permission is a cake walk?  Does not compute
  • Hasn't this happened to you before? Our church had a guest speaking phsychologist who told the story of a father coming to him for help on his son.  The son had flunked out of college; dad donated some huge chunk to get him admitted to college and thinking he was too distracted, bought him a condo to live in.  Son flunked out of 2 and dad sent him to Europe to find himself.  Son had just funked out of the third college and was living in the family home in Aspen.  The Dr said, "Your son doesn't need my help.  He's doing just fine.  I can help you though, if you want."Yeah.
  • as I was typing this out, I'm like wow, this is all reallllly familiar.  then my office assistant went into the person's account and the notes were already in there.  so yes.  this is actually the second time this dude has called for this (probably a month or more earlier also) and his kids are STILL using the card and he is STILL a dipshiit parent.  hiliarious.
  • Some people are morons. They even have special credit cards for arents to give to their children that have a specific limit,etc.AND they can still accrue miles for the Dad. That father needs to grow a pair. That lazyass pos. Never would I have used my parents cards (even if I had access to them--which I didn't) without their permission. When I needed something (like $ for booze) I would pick up a few nights at the bar as a bar back.
  • It 's the same man?  Why is that not humiliating?
  • hahaha, i thought it sounded familiar too. that is hilarious. You should send the kids coupons to encourage them to buy more.
  • Winged.  I love you.  I am soooo going to do that.
  • God, my parents would kick my butt if I pulled this sort of stuff.  If the kids really do need the cards, can't he get them debit cards instead?  Perhaps teach the kids to budget more conservatively?
    image Mabel the Loser.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards