Snarky Brides
Options

tell me about...

your wedding favors. im totally curious. i remember getting a little organza bag of pastel colored mints and totally gagging on them. so, please, spill, what did/are you going to do??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker ~be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi

Re: tell me about...

• Options
    We are doing a Colorado theme, part of which is about prairie dogs. So the favors are two prairie dog gingerbread cookies in a clear bag with some candy at the bottom that looks like grass. They will also be the cake topper, iced to look like bride and groom.
    I was going to make sugar cookies and then ice them and then my friend said make gingerbread cookies, they're already brown, as pdogs are, plus they'll keep longer.
  • Options
    I happen to like Jordan almonds and dinner mints. Guess I'm the minority.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm making sets of wine glass charms.  I wanted to make the favors myself so I bought everything at Michaels and I've been working on them periodically.  It's just wire and beads, so they're pretty easy.  I was afraid they'd look cheap, but I showed my mother and a few friends I can depend on for an honest opinion and they liked them.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    We are actually doing a donation to the American Cancer Society in lieu of favors.

People always end up leaving favors behind.I know when I go to weddings I hardly notice them or toss them out once I am home.

I also liked the idea of carmel apples and homemade salsa. YUM
    ?The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.?
  • Options
    Tell me about the rabbits again George.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    i think we're doing those plantable cards. we're having a graden type theme so it works.
  • Options
    We are getting married in New Orleans, so we are having 'Geaux Cups' (gotta love a city with an open container law), koozies and these small mason jars with Lousiana stone ground grits with the recipe for shrimp and grits attached (we are serving it at the reception).
  • Options
    My FI really wanted Koozies and since it is his wedding too, and he hasn't asked for hardly anything, then I said ok. The kicker. He wants camo koozies because he is in the military. We compromised. I got girlie koozies and he got some camo ones with his military cross rifles. We're just going to leave them by the bar.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    i am doing a candy buffett so that will be a from of a favor, then im doing coasters for each family, i dont know if my grandmother is still doing the almonds for me or not. but thats all my favors so far.
  • Options

My FI is really interested in the personalized M & Ms.  Though I do like the idea of plantable cards. 

• Options
    CaliopeSpidrman : they look just like the ones in the movie Donnie Darko
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker ~be the change you wish to see in the world ~Ghandi
  • Options
    His family is Italian, so the food is too.  We found these cheap and jumped:

But we're also having jordan almonds at each place setting.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    I am baking and decorating sugar cookies in the shape of a wedding cake. Simple and I haven't met anyone that doesn't like cookies!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are doing the personalized Jones Soda bottles. I like the idea of using our engagement photos for other things and we are ordering them in colors to match our wedding so they double as table decorations.
  • Options
    We're probably doing carmel apples.  Our wedding is in October, so it fits the season and who doesn't love carmel apples!  It was important to me to have something edible, they're the only kind of favors I've ever liked. 
  • Options

A photo booth.  The best part will be that I fiance and I get a CD of all the pictures everyone takes during the evening.

• Options

I've decided on wine in favor size bottles with our personalized label (I'm a wino)....and a silver snowflake wine bottle stopper (the wedding themes are snowflakes and crystals).

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e00f03d-681d-48c3-a819-d7bf08e020b5Post:325ffc9e-139c-4735-a318-66ecde61aeec">Re: tell me about...</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing the personalized Jones Soda bottles. I like the idea of using our engagement photos for other things and we are ordering them in colors to match our wedding so they double as table decorations.
    Posted by kbevers[/QUOTE]

I love this idea! This was actually one of our first ideas for a favor, but it was a little too expensive for us. I hope your guest love them!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are doing a candy bar where people go up and fill their favor bag with what they prefer. We'll have the almonds, m&m's in blue, red and yellow, some truffles...that kind of thing. Who doesn't like chocolate (rhetorical...no need to answer that one!!!)
  • Options
    Cookie Buffet with little take-out bags.
  • Options
    I ordered mason jars online, had a monogram made for the front of the jars, and filled them with homemade divinity. Cut out little red patterned squares and red ribbon for the tops.

For the little ones I made flower pots with pinwheels for their centerpieces and told them they could take the pinwheels...also I bought them small coloring books and 8 pack crayons and heart sucker bouquets...kept them busy and happy lol
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:3e00f03d-681d-48c3-a819-d7bf08e020b5Post:96fa9039-4136-4711-8467-2f06818ba3d4">Re: tell me about...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ordered mason jars online, had a monogram made for the front of the jars, and filled them with homemade divinity. Cut out little red patterned squares and red ribbon for the tops. For the little ones I made flower pots with pinwheels for their centerpieces and told them they could take the pinwheels...also I bought them small coloring books and 8 pack crayons and heart sucker bouquets...kept them busy and happy lol
    Posted by kimberlyann1974@rocketmail.com[/QUOTE]

you mean like divinity cookies? those are soooo good. how do you make it? im kinda confused.
  • Options
    I have a question for all those making homemade cookies and treats:
    when are you gonna find the time to bake that shiit?
    I have to work everyday. wtf?!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Considering these! You can personalize the box with your own names:

Super cheap too!

I also really like the personalized Jones soda bottle idea but I priced it and still a little unsure I want to spend that much on it!
  • Options
    As far as I know, my friend is going to make chocolate favors. We haven't decided what shapes yet, though...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards