Snarky Brides
Options

AMAZED.

I posted something on another board, asking for friendly advice. I am amazed at the level of RUDE people are on here! There is just no need to be demeaning to complete strangers. I just don't get it. 

Cyber-Bride-Bullying. 

WTF?

Re: AMAZED.

• Options
    playtntsbpg30playtntsbpg30 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2012

Why not post this on that board? Why come to another bored to complain?
    Wonder why they are rude, because you have no common sense of the wonderful world of message boards.

O and Welcome!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    And....you think you'll get better responses on the SNARKY BRIDES board?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    You should do a potato sack race. Or a three legged race. That would be sweet. Edited because I can't type today
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    Don't go around calling us cyber bullies just because you didn't get the answers you want.

Maybe you should check out Wedding Bee.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:40cd7e71-b46c-45ad-9f5d-e22b44d76ae7Post:9caaccd5-149b-435a-8efa-c0a9441d22b9">Re: AMAZED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]And....you think you'll get better responses on the SNARKY BRIDES board?
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I never understand that logic...
  • Options
    I'm going to need a link up in here.
  • Options
    I read your post. 

You need to calm down and let your FI pick his own groomsmen. Don't tell him how many people he gets. If he wants to draw straws, then that's his prerogative, but stay out of it. Its not your business..

And seriously, your post was ridiculous. You deserved every incredulous response you got. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40cd7e71-b46c-45ad-9f5d-e22b44d76ae7Post:877a486f-0457-41b1-86ca-da45862f58be">Re: AMAZED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHERE IS MY QUOTE BUTTON?  I'm having a moment over here.
    Posted by 1covejack[/QUOTE]

Click "Reply to this post."

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2012
  • Options
    Once and for all (ha, yeah right!), complaining about how "rude" we are will get you nowhere but possibly more honest responses. See what I did there? It's honesty, not disrespect. You can get sugar-coated responses elsewhere, but here we tell you what you need to know, not what you want to know. I learned that the hard way, but you didn't see me crying and complaining on a different board. Take it with a grain of GD salt, FFS. We don't know you, we only know your situation, so we'll tell you what we think of what you've told us. So, it's only logical that you shouldn't take it personally. So, buck up and take it like a grown-ass woman.
  • Options
    I got bombarded by rude comments on one of my posts so bad I was in tears. I told my friend and she read it and come to find out there's a big difference between the words can and can't. Changed the meaning of my whole post. I edited and reposted and a lot of people apologized, so they weren't out to get me, just my mistake. I'd like to quote someone, if I may, "We're not necessarily a**holes; we're realists. We understand that other people are stupid. And we note that on a regular basis..." Andy Biersack. I believe that, because at some point, we are all stupid, and someone will call us on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40cd7e71-b46c-45ad-9f5d-e22b44d76ae7Post:325e81c2-091f-4518-8bf7-7867035125a6">Re: AMAZED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got bombarded by rude comments on one of my posts so bad I was in tears. I told my friend and she read it and <strong>come to find out there's a big difference between the words can and can't.</strong> Changed the meaning of my whole post. I edited and reposted and a lot of people apologized, so they weren't out to get me, just my mistake. I'd like to quote someone, if I may, " We're not necessarily a**holes; we're realists. We understand that other people are stupid. And we note that on a regular basis..." Andy Biersack. I believe that, because at some point, we are all stupid, and someone will call us on it.
    Posted by mandctaft[/QUOTE]

<div>hole.lee.fvck. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40cd7e71-b46c-45ad-9f5d-e22b44d76ae7Post:50abe782-e4f4-472e-9ee3-826bcd553ef2">AMAZED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I posted something on another board, asking for friendly advice. I am amazed at the level of RUDE people are on here! There is just no need to be demeaning to complete strangers. I just don't get it.  Cyber-Bride-Bullying.  WTF?
    Posted by jesteiner23[/QUOTE]
    Learn the difference between people pointing out how ridiculous you're being and cyber bullying.

• Options
    If you are a clueless bride (your words, not mine), then you should be grateful for the advice given and not be upset that people didn't support your (totally ridiuclous) idea.

Just have your fiance pick his friends - however many that may be - and leave it alone.  I promise that if you have a potato sack race, your husband's friends will never EVER let him live it down. 
  • Options
    Huh, you sound like a whiny twat if I ever heard one!
  • Options
    Also, some people jokingly gave you terrible advice, like to have them bid and choose the highest bidder, or to have bridal sessions and make them write essays on why they'd do a good job.  Please realize they were joking because when you posted thanks for some good ideas, I really hoped you were referring to the reiterated "Let him choose who he wants, eff numbers" and not those. 
  • Options
    OP, if I were one of the guys in the "running", I would be ridiculously offended If I had to prove my worth in any way.  You need to let your FI choose his groomsmen (and as many of them as he wants).  Who cares if the sides aren't even?
  • Options
    Well twatbags, didn't know an uneven bridal party was an option. 
  • Options
     This might be the 20th post in two weeks I've seen about rude responses.  Here's my advice:

1.  Thoroughly check the threads from the last week to see if your question has been "answered"... honestly it does get slightly annoying to see 12 posts in one day about matching or unmatching BM dresses, uneven BP etc.

2.  NEVER post about rude responses, especially on the board in which it did not originate.  No one is really going to care.  You are just asking for people to lay into you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40cd7e71-b46c-45ad-9f5d-e22b44d76ae7Post:c63b4d5f-99fd-4040-b1e8-48b449f79b71">Re: AMAZED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well twatbags, didn't know an uneven bridal party was an option. 

Hahahaha really OP? Why would you have to have even sides? I need to see the reasoning.

Rachers it made me laugh too -
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:40cd7e71-b46c-45ad-9f5d-e22b44d76ae7Post:c63b4d5f-99fd-4040-b1e8-48b449f79b71">Re: AMAZED.</a>:

There aren't wedding police.  Your marriage won't be void if you have uneven sides.  Really... critical thinking - it's lost on so many people. 

Oh, and I'm pretty sure calling us "twatbags" is against the rules around here.
  • Options

Oh no! She just called me a twatbag.  She must be so much cooler than I am.  I'm going to go cry in my corner now.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_amazed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:40cd7e71-b46c-45ad-9f5d-e22b44d76ae7Post:f26620e3-cc4f-40e2-9ceb-5493b4f02b82">Re: AMAZED.</a>:
    [QUOTE]How could an uneven party not be an option? Are <strong>the wedding police going to arrest you if you have uneven sides</strong>? That's just silly.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Yes they will. 

This.iz.srs.
  • Options
    I wish more people would call others twatbags around here.
  • Options
    Awesome.  I'm looking forward to the GBCK if Anna doesn't ban her first.
  • Options
    It blows my mind that calling someone a twatbag is a bannable offense.
  • Options
    Once a twatbag, always a twatbag!
  • Options
    Twatbag is my new favorite zinger.  TWATBAG!
    panther
  • Options
    I personally like twatburger better. It provides more imagery in my head.
  • Options
    On my local board, we use twatwaffle  or twaffle for short.  It's awesome.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards