Snarky Brides
Options

What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.

Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.

• Options
    My white trash wedding cousin posted this on Facebook..."anyone got 109 to give me so I can have a spa day? anyone, Bueller?" If I had an extra 109, I'd be having my own spa day, you lazyass!
  • Options
    dmills, I'm with you. I like my old technology. I only got a smartphone for business purposes and while it is fun, I really don't use it for much other than texting and credit card transactions. Oh, and the camera.

H is even worse than me. We're usually three steps behind whatever the latest thing is. Hell, we don't even have DVR.
  • Options
    Now I checked out Lbarr's story and that is adorable! I love handmade stuff/proposals. Very thoughtful!
  • Options
    On a lighter note, this morning's harvest!

We get squash almost every day.  And I have pumpkins and butternut squash on the vine

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    MRSBJSMRSBJS member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Morning Ladies....

No excitement here today - we took the kids to 6 Flags over the weekend, which was great, until it downpoured. I have never been so soaked in my life!  But it was so worth it!

Lbarr, I think you might want to just go back to bed. Your day does not sound right at all!!  Try again tomorrow!
  • Options
    Omg, Lbarr, what a sweet story. that's a book you can keep forever!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kate- what's your doctor appt for? Hope everything goes well!

les- yum! H picked his first haul from the garden this weekend. hot peppers, a few bell peppers and some tomatoes.  
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:3fc37463-5097-4d9c-99fa-7669f5806040">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning Ladies.... No excitement here today - we took the kids to 6 Flags over the weekend, which was great, until it downpoured. I have never been so soaked in my life!  But it was so worth it! Lbarr, I think you might want to just go back to bed. Your day does not sound right at all!!  Try again tomorrow!
    Posted by MRSBJS[/QUOTE]
    Ugh, on us too! Luckily, we were planning on buying season passes, so it didn't matter that much. There were no lines, though, so we were able to get on Bizarro a few times, which was good enough.
  • Options
    omg! Lbarr- now I just read your story too and totally teared up!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Les- I'm jealous of your harvest!
  • Options
    MRSBJSMRSBJS member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:cddc98cf-56f6-4b89-a944-fdfb08a8adfd">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning. : Ugh, on us too! Luckily, we were planning on buying season passes, so it didn't matter that much. There were no lines, though, so we were able to get on Bizarro a few times, which was good enough.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

I saw that you went to Great Adventure - I was like aww Nates is at 6 Flags too!!  The Superman at ours broke down while people were on it. We were in Johnny Rocket's and looked up and there was a train of people stuck about 2/3 of the way up the initial hill. No thank you!!  We spent more time in the water park than anything else - my kids went on the kiddy rides, and a couple small roller coasters, but I don't go on rides, and they like water slides and stuff better anyway, it turns out.
  • Options
    allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    LBarr- make sure your H stays away from booze with that much Tylenol on board. His liver won't be able to detoxify it. Hope he feel better!

I am just getting ready for vacation. We are going to the Cape for a week and a half. My parents, MIL, SIL, BIL and their kids will be down too, and we are having Kieran's 1st birthday party on Sunday.

Other than  that, nothing much going on. I am trying to figure out what I should say to a friend's BF, if anything at all. A bunch of us went out for a mutual friend's birthday. BF is normally such a nice guy. He is so melllow, laid back, just a great guy. Saturday, he got really drunk, really fast and started acting really strangely. Strange enough to make me wonder if he got slipped something in his drink. He started rambling that two of the guys in the band, who were just sitting next to each  other prepping for the show, were 'fags' and how disgusting it was. It was so bizarre - they were just two guys sitting next to each other, and they didn't even look gay. Then he started getting into it with the band because he didn't like the music they were playing, to the point where he was almost harassing one of the members. We left there and went to another bar that had a bunch of police/fire decals posted on the wall. At a nearby table were a bunch of guys just sitting around drinking beers. The BF started rambling sll this paranoid talk about the cops staring at him, blah blah blah (they weren't). All of this is SO out of character for him. His girlfriend was furious..

A lot of it I can write off as drunk talk, but the homophobic stuff pissed me off and I want to call him on it and tell him that if that is the way he feels, he better keep it to himself because that kind of crap is completely unacceptable to me. The whole thing was just so bizarre and SO unlike him. bI know he once had a bad reaction when he mixed booze with a med he is on, so that could have happened again. But part of me wonders if he really is a homphobe underneath, and  that could be a friend dealbreaker for me.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Oh, great.  They just told us that due to a police officer's funeral procession the exit to our parking garage will be blocked from 4pm to 6pm.  I suppose I'll join the mass exodus at 3:45pm, since we have to be somewhere at 5:30.  DH is in the same situation, since his garage is 2 blocks south and exits on the same street.

Very sad - this is a motorcycle officer who was killed in a traffic accident last week.  But couldn't they schedule it from maybe 2 to 4pm?  Oh, well, we will adjust (I don't mean to complain about being inconvenienced by a funeral.  I'm sorry if that sounded douchey).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:6b2b5ddc-c91e-4aca-b8be-28826978e19d">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning. : I saw that you went to Great Adventure - I was like aww Nates is at 6 Flags too!!  The Superman at ours broke down while people were on it. We were in Johnny Rocket's and looked up and there was a train of people stuck about 2/3 of the way up the initial hill. No thank you!!  We spent more time in the water park than anything else - my kids went on the kiddy rides, and a couple small roller coasters, but I don't go on rides, and they like water slides and stuff better anyway, it turns out.
    Posted by MRSBJS[/QUOTE]
    THAT IS MY BIGGEST FEAR. Especially that one, since all of your weight is resting on the strap-in thing. No thank you.

Does yours have a full water park? I've never been to ours, but we got the passes that include it this year. We love this waterpark in Indiana, so I'm excited to see how they measure up.
  • Options
    MRSBJSMRSBJS member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:2ddfdc8e-364d-42a7-a992-dd3e13be1bbc">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning. : THAT IS MY BIGGEST FEAR. Especially that one, since all of your weight is resting on the strap-in thing. No thank you. Does yours have a full water park? I've never been to ours, but we got the passes that include it this year. We love this waterpark in Indiana, so I'm excited to see how they measure up.

Yeah, it looked pretty scary. If I was on, I probably would have been peeing.

We do have a full water park...it has a bunch of pools, and a special area for really little kids (like 3-6 maybe) where it's only like 6" deep and it has tiny little water slides and stuff. It was perfect for my youngest. She's almost 6, but she's a nervous nelly. They have a ton of big and small water slides, and they have that big funnell-looking thing, I don't know what it's called. Something Twister, I think? If you like water rides, you'll love it.  I mostly just wandered from pool to pool with my youngest while my H and my oldest went on all the slides and stuff.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    edited July 2012
    jcb - DH set up a fantastic drip system that waters each plant individually.  And, since it's set off of two 8-valve manifolds, it can be adjusted each year for whatever I plant.  So far I've only killed one plant from overwatering.
  • Options
    We went and saw The Dark Knight Rises last night.  Aside from the fact that it's cool to see Pittsburgh on screen (and you can see my office building at one point!), I was really, really disappointed.  I thought the storyline was bad, the dialogue was awful, and the acting was subpar.

Anne Hathaway was hot, though.

Les, those veggies look delicious!

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    Thanks guys :)  I love that little book.  

Alli I would have been furious if I was his girlfriend.  That is craziness.  I wonder if something did get slipped in the drink, well either that or he must have had that reaction?  Still, that doesn't make light of the comments he said.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:7530c9c6-a53f-49d8-b690-a23a80e4148a">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning. : Yeah, it looked pretty scary. If I was on, I probably would have been peeing. We do have a full water park...it has a bunch of pools, and a special area for really little kids (like 3-6 maybe) where it's only like 6" deep and it has tiny little water slides and stuff. It was perfect for my youngest. She's almost 6, but she's a nervous nelly. They have a ton of big and small water slides, and they have that big funnell-looking thing, I don't know what it's called. Something Twister, I think? If you like water rides, you'll love it.  I mostly just wandered from pool to pool with my youngest while my H and my oldest went on all the slides and stuff.
    Posted by MRSBJS[/QUOTE]
    Oh, yeah, ours has that thing, too. I've been on it in Indiana (where it terrified me), but I think I can handle it now. 

I don't blame your kids for preferring the water park. It sucks waiting on those long lines in the heat. At least the water rides cool you down a little.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:e70cb41f-899c-4244-8959-deb6756f124f">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alli, that shiz would not fly with me either.  Sounds very bizarre.  What does your friend think about what happened?  I mean, I know she's furious but does she think he could have been doped?
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I didn't get a chance to really talk to her about it. Once before he mixed his meds and vodka and he just went off on her and said some really hurtful things. She was so upset and he felt awful about it, and he went to therapy about it. As far as I know, that i the only other time he has ever acted like this in the 3 1/2 years they have been together.

I'll see them Sunday, so I will probabky talk to her first, then say something to him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:6dde4d85-5e2d-4f02-975c-43c2484a4cf3">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Les, we definitely need to re-think our sprinkler system next year.  It waters so unevenly - one corner gets soaked and one corner gets just the right amount.  I hadn't thought about a drip system but I think it can be converted to it.  Something to keep in mind.  Thanks.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

We had a deck and lots of grass in the backyard, which we tore out last year.  DH capped the sprinkler heads we wouldn't need anymore, and tapped the existing sprinkler pipe for the drip lines in my new raised garden beds.  It wasn't hard to do, and I'm very impressed with the results, especially since it runs off the old timer/zone system.
  • Options
    MRSBJSMRSBJS member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:044b3ffc-f69a-4f74-93c9-f04dde7795de">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning. : Oh, yeah, ours has that thing, too. I've been on it in Indiana (where it terrified me), but I think I can handle it now.  I don't blame your kids for preferring the water park. It sucks waiting on those long lines in the heat. At least the water rides cool you down a little.

Yeah they totally do like it better. And it was hot as balls Saturday, so I was more than happy to get in the water!
  • Options
    Sounds like an adverse reaction to something, Alli.  Meds + alcohol, or someone spiked his drink.  Scary behavior - I'd be worried about that.
  • Options
    I saw the stuck roller coaster on the news. I love coasters but I am scared of heights so I may have had a nervous breakdown if that happened to me. The news showed them being rescued, they had to move into a basket type thing. No thank you! Thank goodness they got stuck right side up. Alli that is terrible. Unfortunately I have found that the messed up crap people say when really drunk is usually something they were already thinking but knew better than to say out loud.
  • Options
    Alli- yea.. I would be worried too. Even if it was meds, the words started somewhere right? I would also be worried for my friend.. that just sounds dangerous if it happens again. I'm so sorry- that is so stressful!!

Have fun on the cape though!!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:d03ffeb9-1976-4e0f-8835-146c996b3958">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]For me, I just really really hate change when it comes to technology. I swear if Michael wouldn't force me to have a smart phone, I'd still be rocking the old school flip phone, hell I'd probably still just use my pager. I'm that person that has a WII loaded down with all the original nintendo games because that's what I learned first. I hate GPS and would rather look at a paper map. I'm seriously a 70 year old woman. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

I DO still have an old flip phone. I refuse to pay for all the data plan, and I dont use it that much anyway. I leave it at home A LOT.

I love flip maps and still use them, but the one thing I like about my GPS is it tells me when there is a delay so I dont get stuck on the highway, I can just divert.

I had a packed day yesterday, I spent the whole day working on a project for my boss. Then I went home and cleaned! What is wrong with me?

I hate leaving for vacation with a dirty house, and with the pup I have to steam clean the kitchen floor quite a bit. Today is nothing much, probably do some laundry so I'll be ready to pack what I dont need now.

Sorry everyone is having crappy days!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:4ba46917-8a4c-4905-a8e8-8f416c0b0771">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sounds like an adverse reaction to something, Alli.  Meds + alcohol, or someone spiked his drink.  Scary behavior - I'd be worried about that.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Do you think mixing the two could make you say something you don't believe when you are sober? I just don't think that it was make someone homophobic if those feelings weren't there to begin with, and if he is a gay hater, it would make me sad because I really liked him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:8b69a27a-072b-4d93-a56c-44eb6030567d">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning. : Do you think mixing the two could make you say something you don't believe when you are sober? I just don't think that it was make someone homophobic if those feelings weren't there to begin with, and if he is a gay hater, it would make me sad because I really liked him.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]
    I don't know. I mean, it's not like typical alcohol, where you're yourself, just amplified/lower inhibitions. I think meds/alcohol can make you completely unaware of what you are doing or saying. I mean, people hallucinate some crazy shiiit when mixing the two, you know? Obviously, though, I'm not an expert.
  • Options
    Gah it's not even lunchtime yet. This is the longest day in the history of days. Someone needs to make up a poll or something.

alli, I don't know how I'd handle that situation. Part of me thinks I would have said something at the time, but chances are I would have kept my big mouth shut if he was that far gone. I'd talk to your friend and see what she thinks.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-this-picture-good-morning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:4531d8cb-d645-4347-a3b0-35836e60bdafPost:8b69a27a-072b-4d93-a56c-44eb6030567d">Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's wrong with this picture? Good morning. : Do you think mixing the two could make you say something you don't believe when you are sober? I just don't think that it was make someone homophobic if those feelings weren't there to begin with, and if he is a gay hater, it would make me sad because I really liked him.
    Posted by allisong23[/QUOTE]

I think it might bring up something he believes but doesn't outwardly share - whatever he ingested knocked his inhibitions down so much he said what he 'really' feels  (possibly)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards