Snarky Brides
Options

Davids Bridal-----Dont ever shop there!!!!!!!!

I urge whomever is looking for bridal dresses  NOT to buy from Davids Bridal!!!
I went in there today to get my dress out of layaway.  They originally sold me a size 16 and a size  16  was in layaway for me.    I go in today to get the dress out of layaway and the same dress but in a different size is on the stinkin hangar.  They lost my original dress and tried to pass off a  size  14 thinking I would not be the wiser.   Please what ever you do.  DONT EVER SHOP DAVIDS BRIDAL

BECCA

Re: Davids Bridal-----Dont ever shop there!!!!!!!!

• Options
    I have not had good experiences there, but other people have. Each store is different, so this may be more useful for people on your local board.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

This can vary greatly from store to store.  I had a wonderful experience buying my wedding dress from one of my local stores.  I have also had nothing but calm seas buying BM dresses there.

Maybe this would be more appropriate for your local board?

• Options
    Definitely post this on your local, although I doubt you'll ever come back. You obviously only made your SN to bash DB.

I had a great experience at the one here, very friendly staff and found my dress there.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    I loved David's Bridal. I tell everybody in my area to go to the one I used. I got my dress and my BM dresses there. My mother and grandmother also purchased their gowns from there, and nobody had any issues.The sales girls were so nice to me and my BP, and the alterations staff was extremely accomodating when I had some last minute emergencies the week of the wedding.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Experiences at David's Bridal vary from store to store.  They've been very helpful to a BM of mine who doesn't fit into conventional sizing.  One bad experience does not ruin a store.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • Options
    I've been to a few David's Bridal stores (in MN and MD), and have had decent experiences.

I didn't find what I was looking for, but each time the sales associates were very patient and helpful; I showed them pictures of what I was looking for, and they took me through the various areas, pointing out dresses in similar styles and in my price range.

• Options
    Agreed that this should go on your local board:<div>
    [QUOTE]I have not had good experiences there, but other people have. Each store is different, so this may be more useful for people on your local board.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

</div><div>
    </div><div>I bought my dress from my own local DB, and my experience was terrific. Friendly and knowledgeable staff, and they were very patient with me.</div>
    July 24, 2010
  • Options
    I had a good experience there.  Each store is different, and each salesperson is different.  Maybe you just got really unlucky.  Hope they sorted it out for you.
  • Options
    They made me stand on that pedestal thingy so that they could laugh at me and hit me with sticks. After I started crying, they threw old cabbages at me and called me fat. They also stole all of my clothes out of the dressing room and sold them on eBay.

BUT my dress did come in like 2 months early, so that kind of made up for the whole beating me with sticks thing.
  • Options
    Oh, Cew, you forgot the part where they chased you from the store with pitchforks and torches.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_davids-bridal-dont-ever-shop-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:46b347bc-d0c6-49b6-91ef-abd9b3713d8ePost:c86efc95-0bcd-4c11-a51f-774a00d5b718">Re: Davids Bridal-----Dont ever shop there!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, Cew, you forgot the part where they chased you from the store with pitchforks and torches.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

Shhh. I didn't want to scare anyone.
  • Options
    LOVE the dress I got at DB.  The saleswoman was a little pushy, but helpful.  My MOH has been organizing the purchasing of BM dresses at the DB in her area and also has had nothing but good experiences.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Options
    Here in Minnesota, the DB in Richfield was dreadful. Rude, arrogant, like I was an annoyance. I wondered if they felt since I was not the typical 22 year old bride with her Mom, I was not worth their trouble.

Har Mar store just miles away was amazing. I found my dress in minutes and great salesperson.
  • Options
    Aside from alterations, I had a great experience with David's Bridal.  I got my dress there, all the BM dresses and both mothers got their dresses there, too.  DB locations vary, so you're better off posting this on your local board.  
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm sure there are some stores and that are great but I haven't heard too many good things about the store where I live either. They are lovely over the phone when I called to make an appointment but once I got there, the girl helping me was less than helpful. She was rude and pushy and brought me size 6 and 8 when I needed 14's and 16's. Granted, it was a Saturday and they were very busy but I think she could've tried a little harder to make a sale.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people forget exactly what DB is... a chain bridal store. They are not a fancy boutique that brings you a glass of wine while you try on $7,000 couture dresses. Because of that, you normally pay a much lower price. In short, you get what you pay for.

That being said, I love my DB dress and I loved the three times I went in to my local store. Everyone was helpful. Even though the last time I went in the lady who had helped me before had quit, and they were scrambling to find people to fill in for her last minute, I had a great time and never felt rushed.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Options
    Like pps have said, your post is probably more appropriate for your local board - BUT, i also had some bad experiences at my local Davids.  First, we made an appointment for my the bridesmaids - and we didn't get anyone to help us until an hour after our appt. time!  Then, when i picked up their dresses - one of them was completely a different dress!  Eek!  Thankfully they did fix that situation and re-order the correct one. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_davids-bridal-dont-ever-shop-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:46b347bc-d0c6-49b6-91ef-abd9b3713d8ePost:e06445d7-54ec-4843-a8d7-119ba55ad929">Re: Davids Bridal-----Dont ever shop there!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Then, when i picked up their dresses - one of them was completely a different dress!  Eek!  Thankfully they did fix that situation and re-order the correct one. 
    Posted by Kaye Smith[/QUOTE]

Not that this was any of your group's fault, but this is why I checked and double checked the order slip they gave me. I had a friend who had this happen, but when she looked back on her slip the one they had ordered was the one that had come in... they just got the style # wrong originally.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

• Options
    I <3 David's Bridal
    10.2011 Siggy
    BM Dresses
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    *Updated 1/21*
  • Options

AGREED!! I went to a David's Bridal in El Paso and first they tried to give me a male salesperson...really? a man? to help me with my wedding dress? I thought it was tacky and I told them that I would be going elsewhere unless they found me a female to help! Then, the store manager was there and she kept recommending dresses for "girls like us" and "my body type" (read: I'm a size 16 and she didn't think the dress I liked was flattering). And then she told me that she didn't like the veil I was trying on.

I ended up buying my dress at Alfred Angelo in El Paso...David's Bridal was sucky to me!

• Options
    I decided not to go to DB because I didn't overlike what I saw online. That said, any negative experience for your dress does suck! I am looking to get my BM dresses at Alfred Angelo. My dress that I am wearing is my mom's. We went into a local boutique and I tried on several pretty dresses; but my mom's is really full and has ornamentry on it (is that the right word). I went back and asked if it would be possible for the alteration? I've been back twice and will be back for a final fitting in September. No bad attitude. They've charged $700 for the alterations so far (think size 10 to a size 0... and we bought the veil there as well and will most likely purchase the shoes. I do make an appointment because Saturdays are the busiest days! All said and done, you decide what looks great on you!
  • Options
    I agree that it depends on the David's Bridal you go to.  The one I went to was fantastic!  They were very helpful and very nice!  I absolutely love my gown!

* ~ * September 18th, 2010 * ~ *
  • Options
    I've heard good things about them and bad.

I know that if they have the dress you want in your size at a different store, they'll save themselves money by using it, instead of having it shipped in brand new. They still charge you the full cost, despite selling you a floor model.

And my experience there as a MOH was pretty bad... they were just rude and pushy... it was pretty headache inducing. I'm sure that varies store to store, though.
  • Options
    Last night when I went in for my final fitting, at first they appeared to have lost my dress. I could see the panic rising on their faces when I explained that the dress had never been "ordered", it was in the store and paid for and they had been holding it for this appointment.

So, I had a few seriously nervous moments, though they did find my dress. I decided to stay calm. I just told the saleswoman that if it was lost I simply needed to walk out of there with a dress that evening. It being just five weeks to the wedding, it would have to have been an in stock dress, and believe me I would have left with it last night and had alterations and cleaning done elsewhere had they lost my dress! I also would have expected them to be flexible within a few hundred bucks on the cost of the replacement dress. 

The selection and quality at DB has seriously improved, they have some great dresses now. Whatever DB you go to, though it is not a place to be the Princess Bride. For what I have ended up spending overall, (DB is no longer so "discount" either) I probably would have gone the small shop route instead. Bigger dressing room, less people, more personal attention and no panic attacks because they can't find your dress!

• Options

I went to the Richmond VA store to look at a dress I had seen in an ad, and upfront told them I was buying in Asheville NC in November.  Despite that, they not only got me the dress, encouraged me to try it on with the appropriate undergarments, and had me put on a veil and tiara because I was considering it.    Been to 3 different markets (Buffalo, Asheville and Richmond) and have had excellent service from all three. 

From the earlier posts it looks like Texas may have issues with their DB stores....

• Options
    You get what you pay for at DB.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_davids-bridal-dont-ever-shop-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:46b347bc-d0c6-49b6-91ef-abd9b3713d8ePost:92a0c7fa-5fd4-4023-9bcb-34a0cded4a23">Re: Davids Bridal-----Dont ever shop there!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You get what you pay for at DB.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
  • Options
    The experience really does vary from store to store. I bought my dress at one in Colorado and they were really nice and have continued to be really helpful. But then I moved to Arkansas and the one here is absoluely dreadful. They've done nothing but screw me over as far as my dress goes. I've had to just deal with the Colorado store over the phone and through the mail because I'm afraid to go back to the one here in Arkansas. I guess it just depends on where you go.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_davids-bridal-dont-ever-shop-there?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:46b347bc-d0c6-49b6-91ef-abd9b3713d8ePost:92a0c7fa-5fd4-4023-9bcb-34a0cded4a23">Re: Davids Bridal-----Dont ever shop there!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You get what you pay for at DB.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't agree. While a 600 to 1200 dress may be labeled "budget" in the industry, that is in the real world a lot of money for one dress, and that is now the average price range of DB dresses. Also, the "true" price is higher because their alterations are spendy. For all their talk about "sales" the 100-300 range is pretty much gone for anything most people would want to wear for a dress.</div>
  • Options
    I ordered my dress from DB and my SIL bought her wedding dress at the same DB.  Neither of us has had anything but positive experiences there.  Also, in our area, little dress shops aren't that common.  I think there are 2 in my area. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards