Snarky Brides
Options

Shameful secrets.

Re: Shameful secrets.

• Options

Exactly, Sarah.  CPAs aren't math whizzes either.  90% of my job is analysis - Excel does the math for me.

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I have crushes on Dennis Leary, Gordon Ramsey, and Lewis Black. I think I just like angry men.

I have watched the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer countless times, have the soundtrack, and pretty much know every word to the entire episode. 

I am terrible with money, as is FH, and the shameful part is that I don't have any desire to get better at it. A cc company offered me a deal where I could pay off a $9,000 bill for $900 and FH offered to give me the money as long as I paid him back over the next year. I am not sure if I want to do it because it will make it harder to save for the honeymoon. I realize this is a terrible set of priorities but can't seem to agree to the arrangement.

This is a large part of why I don't want children. My mother always spent 150% of her income and life growing up sucked. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have a few. But I'm leaving soon, so I'll come back and play after lunch too :)

*H's dad needs to either shape up or die already.  He's a raging alcohol who is toxic to pretty much everyone in his family.  He is destroying H's brother (he's 9) and opening up all sorts of crap with H again, that I thought he had moved on from.  TBH, at this point, the second option is more appealing.  That makes me sound absolutely horrible, but I can't deal with his shiit anymore.

*I have eaten peanut butter with almost every meal for the past week.  WHAT. It's like the only protein I can keep down right now.

*Speaking of which. The last WW meeting for this session was yesterday. I'm officially down another 8 pounds since Christmas.  I'm too excited about this. I am terrified of gaining weight while pregnant, after working so hard to finally get healthy.

*I have a massive crush on Jon Stewart. Ditto Sarah's reasons for Colbert. He's smart, and funny. I also have a huge crush on Anderson Cooper though, so there's that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:149a92db-6415-4d69-a985-c882d76bbcb8">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have watched the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer countless times, have the soundtrack, and pretty much know every word to the entire episode.  
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

Me too!
  • Options
    I don't think it's horrible, Steph. 

It sucks when you see someone really damaging someone else and you can't do anything about it.  If you're a terrible person, then I guess I am too.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    PB is delicious, Steph.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I eat the worst dinners when cooking just for me. I might have just a cucumber, or just Kraft mac n cheese, spaghettios, or nothing at all. Cooking for H helps me eat better since he likes healthy meals. He feels bad that I do almost all of the cooking, but really, it's good for me. Lately though I haven't had much drive to cook, let alone eat. I'm dragging ass every day to put a meal together.

Celles, one of H's video game characters is hot. I have a slight crush on him. Nothing wrong with that!

Sometimes I wish H understood my aversion to social gatherings bit more. He, like most people, tends to think I'm just anti-social and need to break out of my shell. The truth is, I have no desire to be amongst people and it has nothing to do with needing to get out more. It's just not who I am and it annoys me when people act like I'm missing out on some great part of life by not going to a party.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:c12548f2-1d3e-4b54-96fd-800e4536a8e2">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I googled ICP, and it came up with Insane Clown Posse. Is that what you ladies are talking about?  I haven't heard of them before.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Yep!  Man that brings me back to high school. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    H asked me the other day how much money I'd spent on makeup and beauty products since the beginning of the year. I told him around $100. But it's more like $350. It's all my own fun money and seeing as how he spent $250 on ammo a few weeks ago, I don't feel bad. But I think he'd poo himself if he knew the real number because he doesn't understand why I need more than one eyeliner or shadow palette.
  • Options
    I sometimes wish something would HAPPEN (like in the happening, but less suicidy) so I could survive and know all of my survival obsessions weren't for naught. Zombies, apocalypse, whatever.
  • Options
    STEPH.  I want to have Jon Stewart's BABIES.  MIXED BABIEZ.  I would have his.

Celtic - why does he want you to pay him back?  If you guys are getting married what's the point?

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    I eat pasta every night that J isn't here. So basically Mon-Fri. Unless I have potatoes, in which case I will make a baked potato and have a salad too. Otherwise its pasta. I have a terrible diet. It is because I absolutely HATE cooking. Nothing J has done to teach me makes me anymore excited to do it. I love looking at pretty finished products, but J gets WAY more out of it than I do, so I just am too lazy to try when he isn't here.
  • Options
    I can't believe someone was a Juggalo, lolololol.
  • Options
    I spent so much on makeup at Sephora and MAC last year that it actually outstripped what we spent on clothing in 2011.  But I only wear makeup like, twice a month.  I can't stop buying it, though.  It's just so goddamn pretty.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:152c6389-8ebd-401b-a78a-a3baf68b0cee">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : Yep!  Man that brings me back to high school. 
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Korn, too, I love them.

In HS, I was that quiet, preppy ballerina girl who grew up on a cattle/organic vegetable farm, listening to metal and reading Lord of the Rings.

Another shameful secret: I can speak Elvish.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:4cde3afc-26f4-4c28-aeeb-c8b2c4b86196">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Between H & I, all 3 of our remaining grandfathers have serious cases of dementia and have had to been (or are in the process of being) moved into a care facility in the past 13 months. It terrifies me to think of how we will deal with our own parents in hopefully 3 decades (but probably sooner than that). I'm also ashamed that we don't visit any of them as often as we used to, because even though I know it's nothing they can change, I find it very difficult to sit with them and not be able to have a conversation with any of them, but if we don't visit, I feel like we have institutionalized them and deserted them, and then I feel worse. So we go, just not often, and I don't enjoy it, and that just makes me feel worse.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

I understand this to an extent, and I'm sorry you are dealing with it. :( My grandma that has dementia is getting exceedlingy difficult to be with, even though it is no fault of her own.
  • Options
    We're keeping our finances separate. It's just how I was always raised. We'll set up a joint savings of some sort eventually but other than that we still write 2 rent checks, he gives me cash for his half of the bills, and we split checks at restaurants for the most part.  

ironically, if I pay him back and put less money in the honeymoon fund he'll just cover whatever other money we'll need. He inherited a smallish amount of money recently and has already contributed enough for plane tickets and hotel at least. 
  • Options
    Sesh and Nuggs,

<3
  • Options
    I'm kind of OCD when I eat candies that have different flavors.  Like with Sweettarts, I eat them in the order in which I like them (worst to best)... kind of like saving the best for last.
  • Options
    I sleep with a teddy bear that H bought me after minor surgery. It's the best, most comfortable pillow ever. That's how I justify it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:61693bfe-a43e-4aad-ac9c-3595b8592058">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I spent so much on makeup at Sephora and MAC last year that it actually outstripped what we spent on clothing in 2011.  But I only wear makeup like, twice a month. <strong> I can't stop buying it, though.  It's just so goddamn pretty.</strong>
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]
    I know! And I always like the really expensive stuff. :( But I can't help myself. Although when I find a product I really like, I only buy that and stop looking elsewhere. But I still haven't found the perfect primer, foundation, liner or mascara.
  • Options

I hate hate hate wearing panties, I do during the week but on the weekend I refuse to put them on. I used to get tons of bladder infections and my doc told me to stop wearing them for a couple weeks and I ended up hating panties since.

• Options
    I'm sick of DH's parents not being excited about their grandchild. He is now 6 months old and they don't care to see him. HIs dad is fixing to go on disability again so neither of them will be working and they can't find time to come visit. Bullshit.

Also, I confess that even though I am scared of having another baby and that they won't be as easy as Sparky is (he's very smiley, makes the hard parts easy), I would never leave him as an only child. Senile dementia runs in my family and depression in DH's family and I would never want Sparky to have to deal with us alone when we lose it, like Dh has to deal with his parents. My mom has 4 sisters and its hard on them to care for their parents, but there are 5 of them and they can all talk and share and take turns. DH has no one to help him (but me of course). 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:333ce053-05db-4302-b084-2bff71351b5c">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : I know! And I always like the really expensive stuff. :( But I can't help myself. Although when I find a product I really like, I only buy that and stop looking elsewhere. But I still haven't found the perfect primer, foundation, liner or mascara.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I am constantly on the prowl for a mascara that will make my lashes look like goddamn palm fans.  And the only foundation that I've found that colormatches my high yellowness is at MAC, but their foundation is too heavy for me and their tinted moisturizer is too light. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:ed907b10-9fc3-49fb-a901-23dad3a93b7b">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate hate hate wearing panties, I do during the week but on the weekend I refuse to put them on. I used to get tons of bladder infections and my doc told me to stop wearing them for a couple weeks and I ended up hating panties since.
    Posted by alynne1113[/QUOTE]
    You are not alone. But I've confessed that before. On any given day, chances are I'm not wearing any. I don't see the point most of the time. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:4cde3afc-26f4-4c28-aeeb-c8b2c4b86196">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Between H & I, all 3 of our remaining grandfathers have serious cases of dementia and have had to been (or are in the process of being) moved into a care facility in the past 13 months. It terrifies me to think of how we will deal with our own parents in hopefully 3 decades (but probably sooner than that). I'm also ashamed that we don't visit any of them as often as we used to, because even though I know it's nothing they can change, I find it very difficult to sit with them and not be able to have a conversation with any of them, but if we don't visit, I feel like we have institutionalized them and deserted them, and then I feel worse. So we go, just not often, and I don't enjoy it, and that just makes me feel worse.
    Posted by mrs.jesse[/QUOTE]

I understand. It is really hard to see someone who is no longer "themselves". And when they don't have the mental acuity to know who you are, it is very sad. this happened with my grandmother towards the end of her life, and I didn't enjoy seeing her that way, either. I think this is pretty common.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:aeb2a32a-5809-4ca2-944e-52334551301a">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're keeping our finances separate. It's just how I was always raised. We'll set up a joint savings of some sort eventually but other than that we still write 2 rent checks, he gives me cash for his half of the bills, and we split checks at restaurants for the most part.   ironically, if I pay him back and put less money in the honeymoon fund he'll just cover whatever other money we'll need. He inherited a smallish amount of money recently and has already contributed enough for plane tickets and hotel at least. 
    Posted by celticmyss[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, okay.  I just kind of assume when people get married they join their finances.  I should probably stop doing that.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shameful-secrets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6a989444-cba9-4143-883a-f56364be1b61Post:a2affb4a-03eb-4fa2-989c-092bbf837d4e">Re: Shameful secrets.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Shameful secrets. : I understand. <strong>It is really hard to see someone who is no longer "themselves"</strong>. And when they don't have the mental acuity to know who you are, it is very sad. this happened with my grandmother towards the end of her life, and I didn't enjoy seeing her that way, either. I think this is pretty common.
    Posted by KateJ10[/QUOTE]

I am terrified of this happening to either me or J someday (or my parents too). It has been so hard to see it just with my grandma, since we were SO close when I was younger, so it is really difficult seeing her so different. She isn't the "same" person anymore and it feels so awkward and unfamiliar.
  • Options
    I was raised around a lot of divorced women so always had the need for financial independence from a man drilled into my head. This way he can't run off with all my money. Because I have so much of it...

He has the same mentality just not for the same reason. 
  • Options
    I hold my teddy bear when I'm anxious and can't sleep.  He's calming.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards