Snarky Brides
Options

Good Morning

Re: Good Morning

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:f1796687-0065-4987-adfc-760ecdb2b575">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies! I am tired this morning, ready to go home and make my meatloaf and mashed potato dinner. That is all I got.
    Posted by Denise91980[/QUOTE]

That soulds delish.  I love your new sig pic btw!

And ohh man I totally forgot, and your post reminded me.  I finally get RED MEAT for dinner tonight! We processed all the meat last weekend and we are having steak for dinnre tonight. I'm so pumped.  FI is a magical cook of steak. So delicious.
  • Options
    Omg the pregnancy brain is killing me lately.  Also?  My nose has gone to yet another level of super sniffer.  Seriously.  I can smell EVERYTHING.

Denise, you look really pretty in you sig picture!  Just wanted to say. :)
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sesh, that is some crazy ish right there! I can't believe your company will write you up for missing more than one sick day in three months. UTI's are the worst so i hope you feel better soon.

J&K, fingers crossed that you get your house. We were looking at getting a house around our area so we are both close to work but literally every realitor company we looked at had like three houses available in our price range and mostly in the bad part of town.

I am coming up to my year anniversary at my job and every day that goes by I'm getting more and more annoyed by my boss. It doesn't help that we share an office. I keep sending her "leave me alone" vibes but they don't seem to be working.
  • Options
    Sesh that sucks!

Morning all,

I was in a blah mood yesterday.  Well, I thought I was in a good mood but everyone was commenting otherwise which put me in quite the rage by the time I got home.  Poor FI.  My shins are killing me because my running shoes suck so I didn't get to the gym last night to burn off some steam.  Also, I've had a few posts on my FB about rmy STDs.  Why do people do that?  Now half of my friends list will KNOW that they aren't invited.  Damn.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:7709afab-85fb-4726-8c6b-d957c32c0a3f">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh that sucks! Morning all, I was in a blah mood yesterday.  Well, I thought I was in a good mood but everyone was commenting otherwise which put me in quite the rage by the time I got home.  Poor FI.  My shins are killing me because my running shoes suck so I didn't get to the gym last night to burn off some steam.  Also, I've had a few posts on my FB about rmy STDs.  Why do people do that?  Now half of my friends list will KNOW that they aren't invited.  Damn.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

That's so annoying.  However, they could still run on the assumption that you didn't send them to everyone?  But they'll find out eventually anyway.
  • Options
    Morning!  Appt went well yesterday :) we got to see and hear the heartbeat, which was amazing.

Nothing too exciting at work today, which is good. I have a little catching-up to do.

Raynes- I have a ridiculously strong sense of smell anyway, and it's already so much worse.  I think that's why I've had headaches/nausea to be honset.  I used to be really sensitive anyway, and now it just makes me sick.

HEAR THAT COWORKERS?! Stop eating fucking tuna at your desks. Especially at 10am. wtf.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:ac09e65c-22d6-468a-b7a3-c753262f31bd">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : YOU BOUGHT A HOUSE!  That's awesome.  My advice, don't renovate the entire thing starting 1 month after you move in (and lasting until the end of time).  That part sucks.  Painting, that's cool.  Tearing all the walls down? <strong> Not so much. numbers, lady, the goal fo the challenge is to not worry about the 10 lbs!  It's to make you hotter.  I say post the picks.  At least put them in your LeighPeele thingy, so I can go look there.</strong>  I is nosey. Pregnancy is killing my brain.  I keep making the their/there/they're mistake.  I know better.
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh, I'm not worried about the numbers, but to get to my goals it will probably require SOME sort of weight loss.  The pics are up on Leigh. I will put them up on my blog later. :)</div>
  • Options
    Oh J&K, I didn't have the heart to show DH the photos of your new house you posted on FB because it would have killed him. That house is AMAZING. Congrats. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:a91eb9f0-1f76-44fd-a246-e26e14242aa6">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : That's so annoying.  However, they could still run on the assumption that you didn't send them to everyone?  But they'll find out eventually anyway.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yup.  I was curious why a "friend" (who I don't really talk to other than for them to mention to me they want to be invited) texted me making small talk this morning...

</div>
  • Options

Good Morning!

I'm so tired.  I randomly woke up at 4am and didnt get back to sleep for an hour.  yuck.  Busy day today.  Homework, political class, cleaning, more homework, blackened tilapia and rice for dinner, and some p90x thrown in for good measure.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:07aeec1d-3860-4b8a-bc21-f4e13abb3716">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : Yup.  I was curious why a "friend" (who I don't really talk to other than for them to mention to me they want to be invited) texted me making small talk this morning...
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

That's one of my huge "I don't get"s.  Why do people all of a sudden "like" someone (or at least make an effort to talk to them) when they're planning a wedding?  Why do people want to go to the wedding of someone they normally don't have the time of day for?? I don't get it.
  • Options
    Thanks guys :)

Kate, we're not in the cities, we're in Roch.  But TK only recognizes MSP as the only livable area in MN ;)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:acb5ced6-7e3f-4d51-9115-7b3770316d18">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : That's one of my huge "I don't get"s.  Why do people all of a sudden "like" someone (or at least make an effort to talk to them) when they're planning a wedding?  Why do people want to go to the wedding of someone they normally don't have the time of day for?? I don't get it.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup I couldn't agree more.  As soon as I wasn't around daily with this person it was like I barely existed until the engagement.  I'm sorry, I'm not going to feed you and provide you with drinks and entertainment so you can "party" when in reality you don't give a squat about FI or I otherwise.  The only people I want there are those I care about.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:ae52e5cd-e88f-4275-bf1f-8adb1272464e">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K, how far away is the new house?  Is it still in Roch?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're actually only moving about a mile away from our current house. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Houses and babies- this place has so much going on! :)

I woke up at 3 this morning, which is total horseshit. I think we need to get a mattress pad for the bed. Or maybe just a new bed. But I don't mind being tired because I got a box from Sephora yesterday with lots of goodies in it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:fd10c216-bf48-4160-a4f4-0b0b8a559dd9">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its been a crappy morning so far. I've been up literally all night with what I'm guessing is a raging UTI. I haven't slept at all I'm in so much pain from it, and the freakin doc can't see me until 11. I called in to work and my supe was cool with it since I can use my floating holiday, but I'm still worried. I called out sick in December and<strong> if you call out sick (or for any reason) more than once in a 3-month period you get written up</strong>. But I don't know what else to do, I can't work like this.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

<div>That is such BS.  People can't control when they get sick.  I mean, yeah there are things you can do to lessen the chance I suppose, but still.  That doesn't even seem like it should be legal.  And it encourages people to go to work while sick, thus making other people sick.  So stupid.  I hope you feel better!! UTIs are no fun :(</div>
  • Options
    Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Morning all.  I didn't sleep very well.  H is in Georgia for a class until Friday.  Boo!  I have a hard time sleeping without him.  I try to make up a space for the dog on the bed.  She lasted maybe 10 minutes, then she jumped back down. 

I think that I'm going to talk to BIL (who, by the way is 45) at some point soon.  He lives with us and his bedroom is an absolute PIT.  There's usually a stench of sweat and unwashed clothes coming out from under the door.  We've got a beautiful antique dresser in the garage that we brought back from H & BIL's childhood home.  It's going to be refinished by H and then it'll go in BIL's room.  I'm willing to help by washing the laundry and we'll definitely need to get a carpet cleaner in there.  I made an offer to H's son when he was living there (in the same type of filth) that if he wanted, just put everything he wanted kept secret in a bag, and we'd get the rest of the room cleaned up. I was thinking of making the same offer to BIL.  I'm thinking that if we can get him to the point where the room is clean and liveable, maybe it'll stay that way.  The stench gets so bad sometimes that it greets you at the front door.  Bleh.  Plus the electrical box is in his room, so we do have a legit reason to go in there on a regular basis.  It's scary.
  • Options
    Thanks Chels and Raynes :)

J, Congrats on the new house! How exciting! I can't wait to start looking again.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    LP - I got the book! I'm already like 70pgs in, it's really good. I'll be getting your book in the mail on my way home this afternoon.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    bk, gross! that is a bad smell if you can smell it from under the door. You are way too nice to offer to clean it for him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:ab51d6a3-c47b-44b1-b603-e361052196ef">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all.  I didn't sleep very well.  H is in Georgia for a class until Friday.  Boo!  I have a hard time sleeping without him.  I try to make up a space for the dog on the bed.  She lasted maybe 10 minutes, then she jumped back down. 
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

<div>This was me this weekend.  I slept like crap.  However my mini doxie will never ever refuse an opportunity to stay on the bed.  She cuddled right on in under a few layers of blankets and never moved the entire night.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:ab51d6a3-c47b-44b1-b603-e361052196ef">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all.  I didn't sleep very well.  H is in Georgia for a class until Friday.  Boo!  I have a hard time sleeping without him.  I try to make up a space for the dog on the bed.  She lasted maybe 10 minutes, then she jumped back down.  I think that I'm going to talk to BIL (who, by the way is 45) at some point soon.  He lives with us and his bedroom is an absolute PIT.  There's usually a stench of sweat and unwashed clothes coming out from under the door.  We've got a beautiful antique dresser in the garage that we brought back from H & BIL's childhood home.  It's going to be refinished by H and then it'll go in BIL's room.  I'm willing to help by washing the laundry and we'll definitely need to get a carpet cleaner in there.  I made an offer to H's son when he was living there (in the same type of filth) that if he wanted, just put everything he wanted kept secret in a bag, and we'd get the rest of the room cleaned up. I was thinking of making the same offer to BIL.  I'm thinking that if we can get him to the point where the room is clean and liveable, maybe it'll stay that way.  The stench gets so bad sometimes that it greets you at the front door.  Bleh.  Plus the electrical box is in his room, so we do have a legit reason to go in there on a regular basis.  It's scary.
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Oh man, BK.  I'm sorry you have to deal with that.  Honestly, I wouldn't enable his behavior by doing laundry/cleaning for him.  I would have a candid talk with him and give him X amount of time to do it himself.  If he doesn't, then I would talk to him again and say, either clean it up or look for another place to live.  You shouldn't have to put up with that in your home, even if it is your BIL who's living there. Maybe I'm just a bitch, though. </div><div>
    </div><div>

</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:05f100ca-20c2-498a-bef6-5293867847f7">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]LP - I got the book! I'm already like 70pgs in, it's really good. I'll be getting your book in the mail on my way home this afternoon.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

<div>Awesome! It's just so sad that it's actually a true story though :(  It breaks my heart that shiit like that really happens. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:35411fc0-2f7a-4a7d-ae7b-76e444eee7fe">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning : Oh man, BK.  I'm sorry you have to deal with that.  Honestly, I wouldn't enable his behavior by doing laundry/cleaning for him.  I would have a candid talk with him and give him X amount of time to do it himself.  If he doesn't, then I would talk to him again and say, either clean it up or look for another place to live.  You shouldn't have to put up with that in your home, even if it is your BIL who's living there. Maybe I'm just a bitch, though. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

LP, I'd love to but H won't kick him out.  H is the older brother and he convinced BIL to come to Colorado so he feels repsonsible for him.  So, kicking him out won't happen (as much as I think he needs it.)  He doesn't trash the rest of the house.  He cleans up after cooking, he'll vacuum the downstairs and stuff like that.  Part of the smell is because he works in steel toed shoes a lot and it gets sweaty and stinky. And, he's a 2-3 pack a day smoker, to that adds to the smell.  He doesn't smoke in the house at all, so that's good.   I think he just thinks it's too overwhelming.  I actually like cleaning and organizing etc.
  • Options
    Morning.

I have been sleeping horribly lately. I wake up all the time and have crazy dreams. H comes to bed pretty late and I think that's part of why I can't sleep very well because I always wake up when he comes in.

Today I am working on making a cranium type game for my students to play in order to study for the revolutionary war test. I hope it goes well!
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    Holy shizballs. Have you guys seen this? http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-christina-aguilera-looked-leaky-at-etta-james-tribute-2012301

Look at her legs. That is not spray tan, my friends.
  • Options
    Sorry for the P&R, I managed to get a little sleep. Mehg, I will try to find those pills. I'm going to the doc soon but I might get some for future reference. I used to take cranberry pills rgularly but I guess I just kind of slacked off on them, and I'm paying for it now.
  • Options
    Good morning!

We're doing a Bride & Groom session (like a day-after, but wayyyy after) today with my dream photographer.  Yes, it's 10 months after the wedding, but I am so excited to finally have some decent portraits of us!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:412a621d-6d0e-457f-ad7e-8261962dd032">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy shizballs. Have you guys seen this? <a href="http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-christina-aguilera-looked-leaky-at-etta-james-tribute-2012301" rel="nofollow">http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-christina-aguilera-looked-leaky-at-etta-james-tribute-2012301</a> Look at her legs. That is not spray tan, my friends.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Oh that is awkward.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-212?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:925b08a7-147c-4bee-8d2a-2f7d74f52527Post:412a621d-6d0e-457f-ad7e-8261962dd032">Re: Good Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Holy shizballs. Have you guys seen this? <a href="http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-christina-aguilera-looked-leaky-at-etta-james-tribute-2012301" rel="nofollow">http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/why-christina-aguilera-looked-leaky-at-etta-james-tribute-2012301</a> Look at her legs. That is not spray tan, my friends.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

That.... is.... awkward.

Probably the worst thing that could happen to you in public.  Ever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards