Snarky Brides
Options

AYG

Re: AYG

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:d2dd464e-792a-4ced-8d39-57116bda9446">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I missed the whole tamponmarie thing. Linky? I'm still annoyed over the whole Mica/Kat eyes thing and have no new grievances besides the ones already mentioned.
    Posted by Bubbalub[/QUOTE]

Hm, I can't find it, it might've been deleted.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:8734b5fd-bf65-401d-b61c-3bcb81e1fe2e">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : See, and I SAID "Did anyone else wonder why Username from South Jersey [which is the location that shows up under her/his name] talked about loonies and toonies?" and stupid Tania said "Uh, maybe cuz she's from Canadia, durrrrrrr."  Missed the point, party of idiot.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Srs. I also said right after UN posted that "Username is...Canadian?". I catch these things because of my Canuckian-radar. I bleed maple syrup.
  • Options
    That's disgusting.  I hate the smell of maple syrup.  It makes me gag.  Sorry, Any.  But I'd imagine it's useful in being so thick and sticky.  I bet you don't bleed a whole lot.  It probably clots fast.  Hopefully not too fast. 

This is a weird post.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:f50d35df-1d4f-4858-be50-3a962e9b82bb">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : In Response to Re: Baby Shower Ideas? : I may be reading into it, but that's what it seems like to me. I actually got really irritated. And then I told myself, "Well, it's MissC."
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

That kind of seems like deceptive thievery to me.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:f172c605-1b6d-45f0-b97f-0b6bc765a332">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : That kind of seems like deceptive thievery to me.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. Like, I don't mind giving money to the baby fund, but don't force me too, in hopes that I might win some money.. That's just really tacky.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:7cc91eca-e382-4818-9975-e8e27b735050">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's disgusting.  I hate the smell of maple syrup.  It makes me gag.  Sorry, Any.  But I'd imagine it's useful in being so thick and sticky.  I bet you don't bleed a whole lot.  It probably clots fast.  Hopefully not too fast.  This is a weird post.

Rofl. Yeah it is. Hopefully if I'm ever stranded on an island with someone, it'll be you. Otherwise, I'm going to be the first to get eaten.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:f381ba66-bc34-4a86-aa29-1e2f9968bd2c">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any -- one of my guildies is the son of a retired mountie who now owns a maple syrup farm.  For reals. It doesn't get any more Canadian than that.  ;)
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

We had this guy who had the most stereotypical accent ever, and was a lumberjack. It was awesome.
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is driven crazy by Amber calling her FI "sugar."  Every time I see it I imagine some elderly southern woman saying "come here, sugar" and it's weird. 

With MC, I used to be ok with the occasional posting during school, becuase when I was subbing, I did too every once in awhile.  If they were watching a movie, I was on the computer because I had nothing else to do.  Now, in my own classroom, I can't begin to imagine having the time to knot at school.  Even when I do show a movie (which really isn't all that often, anyway) I have plenty of other work with lesson plans or whatever else to do.  Saying what she is doing is a disservice to her students is putting it very lightly.  Since the crazy went down in those couple threads before her wedding, I've been ignoring her posts (except the wedding AW, I did play nice there). 

Aside from those (already mentioned) grievances, I'm just mad I'm sick now on my first day of Thanksgiving vacation.  I'm sure I'll spend the whole break sick and be better just in time to go back to work Monday.  Boo.
  • Options
    I would kick the ass of someone who did that baby shower thing with me. It's called "stealing". Knowing the source, I am not surprised at all. Hey, she had to take care of her babies!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree that MC sucks at life and needs to just go away.  I was also quite surprised at the people who were flaming her pre-wedding for being online while her kids were in school, but post-wedding it doesn't seem to matter.  I was so confused.  It was like being in the Twilight Zone.

I also agree with the trying too hard flames on YIO.  Seriously, just be yourself.  Plenty of people here will like you, and for the ones who don't, do you really care what they think anyway? If someone isn't going to like you for you they aren't worth your time, so stop trying to impress.

I have one I don't think anyone has mentioned.  Mag920 just had her baby.  She posted that there was a "true knot" in the umbilical cord.  Later that day (or the next day.  I lost track) She posted a follow up, complete with a picture of the knot.  There were some responses in that post to the effect of oh so it really was a true knot!  Um.. yeah, did you guys think she lied?  Why would she lie about something like that?  It seemed kind of odd to me.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Why doesn't Username have the flaming finger anymore? For some reason it just doesn't seem like Username without the flaming finger. Unless I'm thinking of another troll who had the flaming finger and it wasn't Username...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:f6a6141e-b738-4488-99f0-0d96af26509e">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why doesn't Username have the flaming finger anymore? For some reason it just doesn't seem like Username without the flaming finger. Unless I'm thinking of another troll who had the flaming finger and it wasn't Username...
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Nope, Username was definitely the flaming finger.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:5074fadf-c651-4d14-a62c-fceda8a8b40a">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was ultra lame Jkdwniveaklpwrj2o's post about how she wanted to drop out of SS because no one liked her, and blamed it on insomnia and everyone was like OH thats ok because you have insomnia. So can I do a bunch of lame things now and blame it on insomnia?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I was one of those people, and I don't think I was being lame at all.

My point was that people think stupid shiit when they're sitting around in the dark instead of sleeping, and that instead of over-analyzing that, we might as well just move on. It's not like what she said was offensive or anything, just emotional and vulnerable. And why do I know that this happens? Because it has happened to me a heck of a lot. The difference is that if I tell anybody about these things, it's usually FI, and he's pretty good about forgiving me in the morning.

It's called being compassionate, and it's something I try to exercise with pretty much everybody around here, as long as they're not festering toolbags.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Heh - my insomnia, once it's medicated, means I dress up in bizarre outfits or post my phone number in chat rooms (once). Also, go through old pictures and make my now-H look at stupid pictures of me.

Or, I play too many games on my iPod and go cross-eyed.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:5074fadf-c651-4d14-a62c-fceda8a8b40a">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was ultra lame Jkdwniveaklpwrj2o's post about how she wanted to drop out of SS because no one liked her, and blamed it on insomnia and everyone was like OH thats ok because you have insomnia. So can I do a bunch of lame things now and blame it on insomnia?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Oh if we can do that I want to blame mine on a lack of sleep!
  • Options
    Oh, and? I love maple syrup. I can't do any of the "other" syrups. They are to heavy for me, and make me sick to my stomach.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:f50d35df-1d4f-4858-be50-3a962e9b82bb">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : In Response to Re: Baby Shower Ideas? : I may be reading into it, but that's what it seems like to me. I actually got really irritated. And then I told myself, "Well, it's MissC."
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

It wouldn't quote the whole post, but regarding the forced donation and subsequent trickery at the baby shower, wow. That's pretty fucking bad.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:6d91cb05-0216-4ea7-a805-50853d63b5d1">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Nope, Username was definitely the flaming finger.

Weren't there two usernames? One was the real one and the other was a spin off troll. Am I crazy?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:dfd84191-db5f-4d88-a2c8-e807111a83b8">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : It wouldn't quote the whole post, but regarding the forced donation and subsequent trickery at the baby shower, wow. That's pretty fucking bad.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

What thread was this?  This just sounds insane....
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:5388f61a-97bb-41b5-8969-93041dd41498">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]For some reason, I got the feeling that the username that came out the other night was not the original username.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

I think I remember two usernames as well. I don't know, it just didn't feel like Username to me for some reason.
  • Options
    I don't know, A. I just saw it quoted in this thread. Apparently there was a baby shower thread that MC posted in.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:c6b7fe6e-3693-4614-8e4e-4f33230dfe02">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Copied from MC's original post: "At my sister's baby shower we played a game called Winner Take All. We had a clear container with a sign that said "Winner take All". We went around and told everyone to put money in the container and at the end of the shower, the winner would take all. Everyone was so good at giving because they wanted to get the money. We put all the names of the people who had given in a bag and drew a name. The winner thought they would get the money and they got a bottle of ALL detergent. The money went to the baby's diaper fund. Everyone got a kick out of that except the winner of the detergent." No shiit? 
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I was trying to avoid this, because I didn't want to seem like I was jumping on the MC pile, but the way she phrases that totally makes it sound like they then thought the "winner" was a total boner killer for not being amused.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:c6b7fe6e-3693-4614-8e4e-4f33230dfe02">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Copied from MC's original post: "At my sister's baby shower we played a game called Winner Take All. We had a clear container with a sign that said "Winner take All". We went around and told everyone to put money in the container and at the end of the shower, the winner would take all. Everyone was so good at giving because they wanted to get the money. We put all the names of the people who had given in a bag and drew a name. The winner thought they would get the money and they got a bottle of ALL detergent. The money went to the baby's diaper fund. Everyone got a kick out of that except the winner of the detergent." No shiit? 
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Hey, I kinda think detergent would be awesome. But I'm practical like that.
    I'd be pissed that they lied about the reason for giving the money though.
  • Options
    That is simply so rude.  I cannot even imagine doing that to guests.  What the hell was she thinking?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:edd44310-a3bb-4c67-b1a3-ed78f3396983">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is simply so rude.  I cannot even imagine doing that to guests.  What the hell was she thinking?
    Posted by aprovencher21[/QUOTE]

Thinking? Really? Hahahaha.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:c6b7fe6e-3693-4614-8e4e-4f33230dfe02">Re: AYG</a>:
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I better never be asked again what kind of problem I have with MISSCOURTNEY. This beats all I have ever fucking seen. I don't give a shiit how sweet she tries to be on this damn site. She's disgusting. There's my grievance.
  • Options
    I see that this has semi-devolved, but I'm with Nebb on the JCB thing and I said it in the thread.  I read the thread as either an attention-getter or a way to drop out of SS.  A lot of other people were on the head pat train, which only annoys me because people jumped down YIO's throat for doing the same.  Why is okay fro JCB to have a dramatic AW thread, but not YIO?  I read them in the same exact manner and rolled my eyes at both. 
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:bbc9b435-ee68-4709-af83-322d3ce54cda">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I see that this has semi-devolved, but I'm with Nebb on the JCB thing and I said it in the thread.  I read the thread as either an attention-getter or a way to drop out of SS.  A lot of other people were on the head pat train, which only annoys me because people jumped down YIO's throat for doing the same.  Why is okay fro JCB to have a dramatic AW thread, but not YIO?  I read them in the same exact manner and rolled my eyes at both. 
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

I'll answer, since I fit this criteria. I think my response to jcb, which I explained earlier in this and the original thread, so I won't repeat it, was being understanding and not head-patting, because I think that's condescending. The difference between jcb's thread and YIO is that for YIO, it's not just one thread, it's the way she presents herself, makes excuses for sig-changes, and generally changes her colors depending on which way the wind is blowing on SB. So they both want to fit in, but one is more obvious about it than the other at this time, so I see the situations differently.

Nevertheless, I think the sentiment that I (and others) was trying to convey to both girls is the same: just be yourself and stop worrying about it so much.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:9b856572-55ba-4756-b5ea-f2df6116c4da">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Nevertheless, I think the sentiment that I (and others) was trying to convey to both girls is the same: just be yourself and stop worrying about it so much.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Easy for you to say.  You're just naturally awesome.

• Options
    allisong23allisong23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9752c8b4-7d77-4a18-9be3-c598273e2b94Post:9a8aa388-3535-4135-8b3d-4141f708a295">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : I better never be asked again what kind of problem I have with MISSCOURTNEY. This beats all I have ever fucking seen. I don't give a shiit how sweet she tries to be on this damn site. She's disgusting. There's my grievance.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Yep, "Oh, but she is so sweet!" is such a load of crap. She is a freeloader who thinks she is entitles to a free ride (free education, extra paid time off, etc.). Eff that. For those of you who continue to defend her, I would like to hear what you think of baby shower story.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards