Snarky Brides

Who are you?

Re: Who are you?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:a93603ea-8287-407a-8a15-45dab04bb84d">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong><u>I haven't broken any bones either!</u></strong>  I also love board games and Monopoly is one of my favorites (I know it takes hours, I don't care.)
    Posted by brilibby4[/QUOTE]

See I am the opposite.  I have broken just about everything except a leg.  Fingers, toes, wrist, ribs, eyebrow bone, tailbone, back, elbow.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:38f0b456-b27f-464a-a8cb-1a47dfa6b344">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : Thats AWESOME! a new place (started as a coffee shop, but they just got their liquor liscence) opened in toronto recently and they have NO internet access and electronics are not allowed. The walls are STOCKED with board games. People just go to play board games, cards or whatever, and drink coffee and socialize. I think its awesome. Your wedding reminds me of that!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

That sounds like so much fun. I wish we had that here.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:38f0b456-b27f-464a-a8cb-1a47dfa6b344">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : Thats AWESOME! a new place (started as a coffee shop, but they just got their liquor liscence) opened in toronto recently and they have NO internet access and electronics are not allowed. The walls are STOCKED with board games. People just go to play board games, cards or whatever, and drink coffee and socialize. I think its awesome. Your wedding reminds me of that!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Oooh, where is it? </div>
  • I'm from Cincinnati, lived here all my life.  I like to scrapbook, but I haven't in a long time.  I also like to read...but am having a hard time finding time to really get into a book. 

I grew up on a farm (where my parents still live) and our claim to fame in the little town we live in is that one of our donkeys got stuck in the pond during a really dry summer a couple years ago.  There was very little water in the bottom, and he decided to walk across it and got stuck, and started sinking down.  My parents wound up with nearly the entire fire department, two vets, sheriff, someone from PETA, and a big earth mover from the county before they finally got him out (safely).  It was a huge cover story for our little paper. 

I also love frogs--I used to chase after them and catch them around the pond.  I really freaked out a high school boyfriend doing this.  He actually shrieked when I tried to show him.

Hmm...I'm on youtube conducting my college choir in a cathedral in London, I guess that's pretty fun, but I think that's all I have in the realm of fun facts.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:2c6f558f-2c89-4dee-b356-9ffae95b69cf">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : Oooh, where is it? 
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    600 bloor st west - snakes and lattes!
  • Nebb- awesome.  We have a couple pizza/bar places here.  I mean, you're allowed to have your cell phone I guess.  But they have a ton of board games and they encourage people to just hang out there all the time, unlike most restaurants who want to shove you out right away so they can make more money on someone else.

We've played Scrabble with the Minneapolis cops there before :)
  • I'm from Oregon and I love all kinds of art and film.

* Half of my family came across on the Oregon Trail, half are from Ireland.

* I love curry and all Indian food.

* Broke my foot this last February by having about 300 pounds of wine roll over it at work... I'm just now 'back to normal' but don't think I'll ever be the same. I got around only by bike before it happened and I won't be able to bike or wear heels (two things I love) for a very long time.
    Photobucket
  • Id honestly rather play board games than a video game (wii or something), ANYDAY!! I also like some card games, my aunt/uncle taught us how to play rumoli a few years ago and it was an absolute blast just drinking and playing rumoli with them.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:3acce0de-bc8e-4298-a1fd-8e90126fb63d">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm from Oregon and I love all kinds of art and film. * Half of my family came across on the Oregon Trail, half are from Ireland. * I love curry and all Indian food. * Broke my foot this last February by having about 300 pounds of wine roll over it at work... I'm just now 'back to normal' but don't think I'll ever be the same. I got around only by bike before it happened and I won't be able to bike or wear heels (two things I love) for a very long time.
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]
    What is your favourite style of art reddy?
  • Where do you hail from? What are your hobbies? Tell us 3 random facts about you?

I was born and raise in So Cal. I like to read and spend time with my family even though they can be crazy most of the time.

1. I am ten years younger then my step-dad

2. I would love to move to a different state or country but I am afraid that  I would be a typical spoiled Californian and not give it a chance and move back right away.

3. I am very attached to my phone.I text all the time. FI and I average about 6,000 a month. I prefer to text rather then talk to certain ppl especially when they try to go back on their work.
  • I grew up in South Louisiana, but live in Austin now. I enjoy knotting, cycling, swimming, working out, watching TV, cooking and baking. 

1- I was banned from my uncle's house at Wheel time because I always yelled out the answers before he knew them. I still do it on the treadmill at the gym, and people look at me funny,

2- My father has been a Vietnam soldier, EMT, fireman, oilfield worker, secret service agent, gas station owner, museum curator, seaman (barge work) and a rodeo clown, all with only a GED. He is amazing, and probably where I get my ADD from.

3- I have never had a pedicure because I have toenail fungus, but I am scared to take the drugs to treat it because they may cause future birth defects, and some can kill your liver. I'd rather have healthy kids and a liver than pretty toes. Yes, I have tried every home remedy known to man. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:5fc448ea-f15c-4b80-a078-d1b2d7285bde">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : 600 bloor st west - snakes and lattes!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Ah damn, kind of far from where I'm going on Sunday (Jane and Bloor), but I'll remember that for November when Brandon comes to visit. I was trying to find somewhere cool to take him, so thanks =D</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:3acce0de-bc8e-4298-a1fd-8e90126fb63d">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm from Oregon and I love all kinds of art and film. * Half of my family came across on the Oregon Trail, half are from Ireland. * I love curry and all Indian food. * Broke my foot this last February by having about 300 pounds of wine roll over it at work... I'm just now 'back to normal' but don't think I'll ever be the same. <strong>I got around only by bike before it happened and I won't be able to bike or wear heels (two things I love) for a very long time.</strong>

<div>But the important question is... can you still drink wine? :)</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:e9f8a8d2-f185-4568-9a9f-9495d3f80877">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I grew up in South Louisiana, but live in Austin now. I enjoy knotting, cycling, swimming, working out, watching TV, cooking and baking.  1- I was banned from my uncle's house at Wheel time because I always yelled out the answers before he knew them. I still do it on the treadmill at the gym, and people look at me funny,<strong> 2- My father has been a Vietnam soldier, EMT, fireman, oilfield worker, secret service agent, gas station owner, museum curator, seaman (barge work) and a rodeo clown, all with only a GED. He is amazing, and probably where I get my ADD from.</strong> 3- I have never had a pedicure because I have toenail fungus, but I am scared to take the drugs to treat it because they may cause future birth defects, and some can kill your liver. I'd rather have healthy kids and a liver than pretty toes. Yes, I have tried every home remedy known to man. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow, that's awesome. Your dad is pretty damn cool.</div>
  • The Cranium games are really fun! I just got Scribblish for my birthday, and we laughed the whole time we played.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Oh, another random fact

When I was in college my roommates cat dropped a sword through my foot. That was not a good day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:38a7c1e8-8078-4e04-bdbe-58eef4f366d4">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Cranium games are really fun! I just got Scribblish for my birthday, and we laughed the whole time we played.
    Posted by dandan83[/QUOTE]

FI and I just bought this the other night!  It's awesome.
  • When I was about 2, my sister knocked out one of my front teeth with a porch swing. It didn't grow back in until I was 6. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:deda80c6-8c7d-4dbd-af69-e063dc9342cc">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : FI and I just bought this the other night!  It's awesome.
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]

My best friend has gotten me hooked on the Cranium games. lol
  • For me or in general? That's a tough one, but I'll have to say painting because it is so challenging I will never 'master' it. I am naturally artistic, so I usually excel at anything I try, but painting will always bite me in the ass and say, "try again."

I prefer 2-D stuff  like charcoal, screen printing, ink- i love, love, love calligraphy, acrylics, watercolors, I also do henna and love to decorate.

My fave artists are: Chuck Close, MC Escher, Sandy Skoglund, Andy Goldworthy, and Frida Kahlo

My fave comic artists are Peter Bagge, Jeff Smith, and Craig Thompson, I love comics and writing too ;)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:a719441c-c840-4f47-9bb3-1d190661e333">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, another random fact When I was in college my roommates cat dropped a sword through my foot. That was not a good day.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Ouch! Not cool. You're gonna have to elaborate on this though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:ff4133e9-94b1-4da9-a437-b5ead26b10aa">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For me or in general? That's a tough one, but I'll have to say painting because it is so challenging I will never 'master' it. I am naturally artistic, so I usually excel at anything I try, but painting will always bite me in the ass and say, "try again." I prefer 2-D stuff  like charcoal, screen printing, ink- i love, love, love calligraphy, acrylics, watercolors, I also do henna and love to decorate. My fave artists are: Chuck Close, MC Escher, Sandy Skoglund, Andy Goldworthy, and Frida Kahlo My fave comic artists are Peter Bagge, Jeff Smith, and Craig Thompson, I love comics and writing too ;)
    I love painting too, though I never do anymore because im lazy. Acrylic was always my favourite just because I found it easier. I CAN paint in water colour, but im not patient enough for it.

I dont know any of those names, though im sure if I went in my husbands office I might see them, he lives and breathes comics.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:c9b98f71-e725-4e65-8d41-d91ec5f588bd">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : But the important question is... can you still drink wine? :)
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes! And I had a fun time polishing off the left over white from my wedding! </div><div>Also: I am the biggest Scrabble nerd you will meet.</div>
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:d7e42773-624e-45a0-a7a3-104fd4b2b29f">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : Ouch! Not cool. You're gonna have to elaborate on this though.
    Posted by dandan83[/QUOTE]

Well, I've collected swords and daggers ever since I was 15. In college I had one hanging up on my wall. It was mostly decorative so not too horrible sharp or dangerous. One night I'm standing in front of my mirror (which is hung over the sword) getting ready to go to a party and feel a heavy thud on my foot. My roomies cat looks at me and bolts and I assume it was a water bottle or something. Look down and yeah, sword sticking through my bare foot! Fun times that college...god I hated living in that house.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:742adddc-8612-4b4b-bd5c-3a9fdb0af273">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : Well, I've collected swords and daggers ever since I was 15. In college I had one hanging up on my wall. It was mostly decorative so not too horrible sharp or dangerous. One night I'm standing in front of my mirror (which is hung over the sword) getting ready to go to a party and feel a heavy thud on my foot. My roomies cat looks at me and bolts and I assume it was a water bottle or something. Look down and yeah, sword sticking through my bare foot! Fun times that college...god I hated living in that house.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Yikes! I'll have be careful of placement if FI wants to hang any of his stuff up when we get our house!
  • Heyyy! I hail from the middle of Louisiana, but TK does not recognize anything north of BR. Hobbies: See sig. Seriously, I could lay around and snuggle and play with my dogs all day. Other than that, I like shopping, drinking. 3 randoms: I'm allergic to water, I'm reeeeeally short, I was one of the youngest graduates in my HS class. I started college at 17.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:2ad411b2-57cd-4a87-9530-31f0453f3f90">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heyyy! I hail from the middle of Louisiana, but TK does not recognize anything north of BR. Hobbies: See sig. Seriously, I could lay around and snuggle and play with my dogs all day. Other than that, I like shopping, drinking. 3 randoms: I'm allergic to water, I'm reeeeeally short, I was one of the youngest graduates in my HS class. I started college at 17.
    Posted by Chi_Chi[/QUOTE]
    Allergic to water? How does that work???
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_who-are-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b9e93ec6-4d64-438e-8c46-b2da507552cbPost:086e41ea-d51e-4103-84a2-c4963190a2eb">Re: Who are you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who are you? : Allergic to water? How does that work???
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>I was wondering that myself...</div>
    Photobucket
  • Being allergic to water would suck...
  • Where do you hail from? Originally from New Mexico but I've been in Austin, TX for 6 months now.  Before that, I was in NYC.

What are your hobbies? Reading, organizing, decorating, going to Target as much as humanly possible.

Tell us 3 random facts about you?
    I was a varsity cheerleader in high school - no one who knows me now can believe this.
    I used to have my chest pierced.
    I listen to a Harry Potter audiobook almost every night to fall asleep and I've done that for over 4 years. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards