What are your vices?

2»

Re: What are your vices?

• Options
    -Coffee
    -Pepsi
    -Doritos
    -Horrible reality TV

I haven't had a pepsi in over a week. I did have coke twice, but it was with dinner and I feel like it doesn't count.
  • Options
    -Glee (I'll watch episodes on Netflix while I'm running on the treadmill)

-A&W root beer with whipped cream vodka (tastes like a root beer float)

-Chelsea Handler books

-Red wine

-Miller Lite

-Cleaning products, specifically Lysol w/bleach, and lemon scented dishwasher gel packs. I'll take 5 or 6 big whiffs of the bag before I turn the dishwasher on.

And most recently, it's been birthday cake flavored Oreo cookies. I've had two with a glass of fat free milk after dinner every night this week.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Coffee, FI has been making me drink this fake coffee with some kind of mushroom in it that helps with stress and health issues for the last 2 weeks tho... I don't like it, I have been drinkng tea instead after one coffee thing in the morning....
    Reading, I usually go through a novel every 2-3 days.
    Olives, I love them, won't stop eating them till they are gone or taken away
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Food. Sometimes I'll crave sweet, sometimes salty and sometimes savory. This makes me sound like I eat a lot. I don't. I promise. 

Shopping. H is pretty happy that we moved to a small center with almost no shopping what so ever. 

The internet. I waste a lot of time either on TK/TN or 'window shopping'. 

I don't really drink and I don't smoke at all. I do watch some TV it's usually on in the background but I would much rather be doing something than watching TV. 

I don't know which vices I would give up. I've been doing pretty going dealing with not shopping since we moved. I actually like saving our money to have for bigger purchases and not having a mall close by makes me think through what I actually end up buying. 

ETA: I forgot reading. I love my kindle but I can easily buy a new novel once a day. I love the convenience, just not my CC bill. I could never give up reading though. 
  • Options
    Diet Pepsi/Coke
    French fries
    Sleeping in
    Baking
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2012
    I started listing all the food vices of mine, but then I realized you probably didn't want a list of 30 or more items.

So, let's just say food (like the marshmallows I'm eating right now)
    SODA (especially fountain drinks, and I'm a southerner, so I <3 Dr. Pepper)
    sleeping in.
    Not working out. ever.

My body must hate me.

ETA:  Shopping, definitely.  Little stupid stuff like cheap clothes and bath products.

SaveSave
  • Options
    First to give up? French fries
    Last, would have to be baking. 
  • Options
    My first to give up would be shopping.  I can control myself.  I actually haven't bought anything but food/gas for like a month (and that's good for me)

My last to give up would be MEXICAN FOOD.  I can't control myself, and I could eat it almost every night.

SaveSave
  • Options
    Wine
    Coffee
    Wine
    Cheese
    Wine
    Chocolate
    Wine
    Sex (FI had to remind me about that one...)

I used to smoke and figured if I was going to quit, I had to replace it with something else. (No, not wine.) I started running and the more running I did, the less appealing smoking got. I honestly don't remember how it actually happened, but one day right before the end of the year in 2010, I ran out of cigarettes and just decided not to buy another pack. I made it to January 1 and figured if I had gotten to the new year without smoking, I wasn't going to pick it back up. I know that sounds annoyingly simple, and there may have been more too it, but that's really all I remember. I don't remember it being that hard, but every time I had tried before that (like 6 or 7 times - I had smoked for almost 15 years, since high school) was absolute hell.

I gave up a huge vice and I figure that's enough. I'm keeping the ones I have now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    brookerichbrookerich member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    DIet Coke
    Hummus
    Biting my fingers
    Ponytails
    Sugar (in most any form)

The first I'd give up would be biting my fingers,  I've tried stopping in the past but I do it without realizing it.  Its a nervous habit.

The last would be sugar.  I've also tried giving this up and well.....it wasn't pretty! lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-your-vices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:cdd50547-d5ed-4b64-822c-8f75eff3512cPost:e51cc666-a7a5-4c76-a80d-ff67382f3f65">Re: What are your vices?</a>:
    [QUOTE]DIet Coke Hummus Biting my fingers Ponytails Sugar (in most any form) The first I'd give up would be biting my fingers,  I've tried stopping in the past but I do it without realizing it.  Its a nervous habit. The last would be sugar.  I've also tried giving this up and well.....it wasn't pretty! lol
    Posted by brookerich[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards