Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First Dance Rock song??

My FI and I are looking for a first dance song with a little rock...we dont want the typical slow song...any suggestions?TIA!

Re: First Dance Rock song??

• Options
    lcwoodlcwood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are using Yellow by Coldplay....absolutely beautiful. Definitely has a rock feel but not too much.Another good one is Everything by Lifehouse but the rock isn't until the end and it's 6 mins long. It was our first choice but we decided it was too long for guests to sit through.Good luck with finding a song and congrats!
  • Options
    thjones27thjones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nickleback just came out with a new song if you want rock this song is perfect it's called Never gonna be alone.  It's great song I love it. Good luck!
  • Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Lifehouse as well!! Love them!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we're going to dance to 'Sweethearts Together' by the Rolling Stones.  It's still slow enough to dance to, but different enough that it doesn't feel like the same ol' song.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    lindseyanne1lindseyanne1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about I gotta feeling by the black eyed peas...I'm obsessed with that song and would love to include it in my wedding.  I would use the radio edit though, the full length version is a little too long for a first dance I think.  I also love the song Use somebody by kings of leon...Idk just a few ideas...hope you find an awesome song that you love!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were using Loving Cup by The rolling Stones for our song. It's not too slow but you can still dance to it and I don't know of anyone else who used it before.
  • Options
    ravynsmommyravynsmommy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Today by the Smashing Pumpkins. Im not really so sure its a love song, but we liked it. We were also thinking of When I Look Into Your Eyes by Firehouse, Dont Want To Miss A Thing by Aerosmith, Angel by Aerosmith, Poison by Alice Cooper, and Loving You is All I Know by The Pretenders.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what your rock style is but here are a mix of suggestions:"Loving Cup" -Phish "They Love Eachother" -Grateful Dead "Lawn Boy" -Phish"You and Me"- Dave Matthews Band"never Tear Us Apart" - INXS"You are the Best Thing"- Ray Montage
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kelliruskellirus member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you never can tell by chuck berry (they danced to it on pulp fiction) crazy little thing called love by queen (this is a great shag song) white wedding by billy idol(kinda the anti wedding song but fun!)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our first dance to Better Together by Jack Johnson...fun and lighthearted!  We had our bridal party enter to Send Me on my Way by Rusted Root and we entered to Sweet Thing by Keith Urban.Father/Daughter dance was to Father Daughter by Paul Simon...such a nice song! Groom danced to My Wish by Rascal Flatts with his Mom.Our last song of the night was Black Eyed Peas Gotta Feeling! Have fun with your planning! We just got married on 8/28 and I'm so sad it's over now...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of using “I got a feeling” for the wedding party’s entrance. We still haven’t decided on our entrance song. I love the song Jonny and June by Heidi Newfield . I want that to be our first dance my FI thinks it’s too fast, but I don’t
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. You can also consider Everlong by the Foo Fighters...even the accoustic version is a bit rock but not too much.
  • Options
    joyangelajoyangela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    "Just Like Heaven" by the cure. Has a great intro. I would have it if my FI liked it :(
  • Options
    sah04015sah04015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're dancing to "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" by Iron & Wine (acoustic version).We almost used "Angel" by Jack Johnson but it was only 2 min long.
  • Options
    drackowdrackow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our recessional song was "You're My Best Friend" by Queen. It's faster than the traditional first dance and GREAT lyrics. Our processional was to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. You can also try "When I'm 64" by the Beatles (really, they have a ton of great 1st dance songs). Also, "Forever" by Chris Brown has a fabulous beat and great lyrics. Good luck!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend just danced to Come on Get Higher by Matt Nathanson, such a great song!Or what about Never Say Never by The Fray...another great song.  Good luck!
  • Options
    fawnkay0nefawnkay0ne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Bingham.The wedding party is being introduced to the reception to "Get It Started" by The Black Eyed Peas, and my husband (woo-hoo, he will be by then!) are using "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas.For first dance we originally chose "Johnny and June", but after hearing "Only You Can Love Me This Way" by Keith Urban we changed our minds.  "Johnny and June" by Heidi Newfield is country and sweet, but still a little rock and roll...
  • Options
    asl71476asl71476 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This isn't technically "rock" per se, but we're going to dance to  the song "I Love You More Today Than Yesterday." It's an up tempo, but not super fast. And, it's over in about 2 and a half minutes!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    caityhadycaityhady member
    edited December 2011
    Have you heard "Finally Forever" by Chris Cornell? He's got such the rocker voice and the lyrics to the song are freaken great :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!!!! I appreciate it!!
  • Options
    jnu1117jnu1117 member
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how "rock" this is but I have always loved " When I see you smile" by Bad English.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it's been used at weddings a lot, but 'Beautiful Day" by u2 You Are My Joy, by the Reindeer Section (scottish indie band) First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst A fast one could be You! Me! Dancing! by Los Campesinos (you will never hear such exuberance in any other song) FI and i are using A Rainy Night in Soho by Shane McGowan and the Pogues, but Aisling and Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah could be good faster first dance songs from the band as well
  • Options
    kathlenelongkathlenelong member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing Ill stand by you. But Angel by aerosmith was in the running.   OUr recessional will be I got a feeling.... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is going to be "You Can Count On Me" by Default
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ~Michelle~
    TTC for 2 years w/ PCOS - Ectopic in April 2012 at 7 weeks; MTX x2
    Check out my blog: Married In A Zoo
    & follow me on Twitter

?wedding planning
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
    [url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32f861]My Ovulation Chart[/url]
  • Options
    If you want a rock song with a little bit of swing/swagger to it, check out "Wrapped Around Her Finger" by Mikey Ohlin!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards