March 2013 Weddings
Options

Sandy

Hey Ladies,
For anyone on the North East coast, good luck over the next few days.  I am personally taking this time to work on some DIY projects since work is closed for the next two days.

Anyone else working on hurricane projects?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sandy

• Options
    I have a lot of family out on the east coast (MD, PA, NJ) so I've been seeing updates. A family member has a beach house in Ocean City, MD, and there's apparently a lot of flooding and damage to some piers. Hoping they luck out and don't have to deal with much. Hope everyone else is staying safe and dry! I live in MN and as much as I hate snow, I'd much rather take a snowstorm over a hurricane!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Janna2012Janna2012 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012

Reporting from just outside of Boston! 
    It's a mess out there but I still have power and internet. Very windy but my FI and I are safe at home. Both of our offices were closed today so we got an extra long weekend. We may even end up not going tomorrow since its supposed to get worse for us here tomorrow. 

I never really thought about working on projects for the wedding. I'll probably just end up doing some baking until we lose power. 

stay warm!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention our offices in Philly, NY and Delaware were closed today so some of the departments had some extra work to do. Didn't directly affect me, but I know some areas were pretty busy and staying late tonight. So just remember other people are picking up your work while you get the day off :-P Haha, kidding, I'm sure they don't mind the overtime money and I'd rather pick up some extra work than know people were potentially risking their lives to get to work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    i'm in ohio and it isn't bad here but i have family in ny and power is out. says it might take up to two weeks. the flooding looks bad. just praying for everyone over there.
  • Options
    Recovering from sandy here in Westerly, RI. Half the town is still without power, we are on day 3 no school and no work for most people and our beaches are literally a disaster area complete with national guards men and women driving hummers. Oh ... And our wedding venue was on that beach, is currently filled with 46 feet of sand, rocks, concrete and other debris as well as ha sustained structural damages. I know we didn't get it as bad as NY and NJ I'm just praying everyone is safe.
  • Options

The photos so far from Sandy are heartbreaking. I grew up on the east coast of Florida and battled through some hurricanes. But this just crushes me to see the flooding and devastation. Hope everyone stays safe and power is restored soon. Its no fun being without hot water and power for days.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards