Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Nonshower party

FSIL wanted to throw a couples shower for us, but we declined because we don't want showers. We are having a destination wedding and don't want people to feel obligated to spend money on us. Now she is thinking of a get together in our honor at a local brewery. What can we call the party so that no gifts are implied?

Re: Nonshower party

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    Just call it dinner or a get-together.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Prewedding get together in honor of Blah and Blah? Or don't mention wedding? Or don't issue invitations so it won't really need a title?
  • Options
    How many people are being invited? If it's a smallish number, I would say invitations are not needed and then a title definitely isn't needed.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    bezelpupbezelpup member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    All guests will be invited to the wedding, she just wants to do something for people who can't go I guess. But I'm just trying to avoid anything tacky. She set a cap at 50 people and said we could have it the month before the wedding or some time after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards