Pre-wedding Parties
Options

I need some ideas

So at the wedding shower i want to have a gift basket and auction it off kinda like this game.....

Diaper Raffle Game

by Stephanie

Bring diapers---Win prize!

Diaper Raffle Game

On the invitation, or include an exerpt, a chance for the guests to win a big prize!

It can read something like this, "Have the chance to win an extravagant gift!

Simply bring a bag of diapers(any size) to enter your name in a raffle! You may enter as many times as you'd like per package of diapers!"

Be sure to ad a specific brand of diapers if you only want to use one brand.

The prize could be $50 dollars to a popular store, a gift basket with lots of goodies, lotions,robes...or a movie theme with popcorn and candy and gift card to the movies!

But i need some ideas on how to do it for a wedding shower???? What would buy them a raffle ticket?

Re: I need some ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011

My first reaction is to not do this with specific gifts.  For example, don't dictate what people are spending their money on.

However, I think it would be really neat if you did this with recipes.  "Bring a recipe for the bride and be entered into a raffle".  One shower I went to included a recipe card with the invite and we basically won prizes when our recipe was drawn.  If the bride or groom likes to cook, or if they are just learning, it also helps them get some new ideas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, I like the recipe idea. Recipes are AWESOME. My little cousin gave FI and me a cookbook at our shower, and it's great because you know you're going to cook eventually(barring being rich enough to hire a chef!).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They both went to culinary school.... so dont need too much help with cooking :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards