Second Weddings
Options

Almost there!!! :D

So...you guys know me...nothing is ever simple, but we're almost there!!!  We have 3 weeks and some change until June 10th, our date.  So far, we have almost everything pulled together except for some last-minute decorations and crafty things.

My family still aren't coming.  My mother at least wrote to tell us she will be there in spirit.  I guess that is something.  His stepfather also had to back out this week, but that was unrelated to us and unavoidable.  We've had a couple of other cancelations on our guest list, again, not related to us, but more schedule conflicts.

I had to laugh today, though, at the irony considering that we wanted to just run off with the kiddos and elope and planned a wedding instead because so many people said they wanted to be there.  Turns out that we're almost eloping anyhow.  Tongue Out

I tried to gently nudge some of his guy friends to plan a bachelor party, even saying I'd secretly foot the bill.  It's his first wedding and I was hoping they'd throw him one.  That didn't work out, but he'll never know.

All in all, I'm shrugging at this point and saying, "As long as we show up...it will all work out."

Re: Almost there!!! :D

• Options
    Congrats on being so close!

I wanted the church wedding, the dress, blah, blah, blah - DH wanted to just do the courthouse routine.  We invited about 60 people, with around 35-40 saying they were coming.  When I walked down the aisle...there were maybe 15 people in the church besides the wedding party. 

At first, I was upset about it, then I realized it did not matter - he and I were there, and we got married, which is what it is all about.

Here is wishing you a long and happy life together!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Congratulations on being so close!  I'm really sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having with your family.  However, I will say that NotFroofy and I ended up with only a dozen people at our wedding--in part because both of us are estranged from our parents--and had the most wonderful day.  With so few guests, we could really get a chance to catch up with all of them, isntead of feeling like we had to race from one to another.
  • Options
    Congrats on being so close. As far as the no-shows, for the intentional ones, it's their loss. As far as the ones with other issues, I'm sure you will still have a wonderful day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards