Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

How far in advance should I do my makeup trial?

My wedding is in September of 2011, but I wanted to do my makeup trial for my engagement pics, which are September of this year. Is a year too far in advance?
My reasoning is that since it is the same time of year my skin tone and everything will be similar. Thoughts?

Re: How far in advance should I do my makeup trial?

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2010
    I booked my MUA based on my E-pics, but I still did a trial with her closer to the wedding.  I really wanted more natural makeup for my E-pics, but wanted a more dramatic look (i.e., smoky eye makeup) for my wedding.  You may want to think about doing another one once you buy your dress and headpiece, etc.  It was nice to see the whole "look."  And also once you see your makeup for the E-pics, you may decide you want something different. 
  • Options
    a year is a little far out to do your makeup trial only because your ideas of what you want could change and you may have to do one again. As long as you are aware that you may have to pay for a 2nd trial a few months prior to the wedding then go for it
  • Options
    I think it depends on whether you think your tastes will change from now until next year.  Chances are, it won't.  But who knows?  Maybe you'll change your dress style or theme and your make-up ideas will change along with it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards