Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Help w/Armenian Traditions..

Hi All! I am new to the board but as we plan our wedding, many questions are coming up about traditions on my man's side.
He is Armenian but grew up here for most of his life. He is not even sure of all the customs and traditions...
We want to surprise his family by infusing his culture and can sense that they are hesitant to tell us about some of their tradiitions (my future MIL says "it's your day guys, do what you want- which is SO nice but we want to surprise them with some Armenian wedding traditions).
Does anyone know about some customs? I have looked online but don't seem to find much...any help would be MUCh appreciated. Thank you!!! Smile
Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde

Re: Help w/Armenian Traditions..

• Options
    I'm marrying an Armenian man as well and I just got on here to post about getting help about the same thing!  All I know is there is some dance at the reception he wants to do but despite our attempts to youtube, we haven't found a good example according to him.  
  • Options
    I'm sure you're able to google yourself, but maybe a site like this helps? http://www.harsanik.com/articles/tips-%26-guides/armenian-wedding-traditions-%11-intro/

Sorry I can't be more help. FI and I are both Scandinavian in origin :)
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you all for your help! Sorry I was not able to respond sooner. This week has been so hectic at work.
    Anyway - I think you are right schatzi13. I didn't actually think of it that way!
    Great advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden where the flowers are dead." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Hi Irishrose,  I'm Armenian. If you still need help with Armenian wedding traditions please let me know and I'll be more than glad to help. 
  • Options
    Hey there, 
    We've made some progress in terms of our ceremony. We will not be married in the Armenian church, however the armenian priest will be coming to our venue to do a blessing.
    Other than that, I don't know what the ceremony will look like. We are open to anything. His mother mentioned something about a prayer where someone holds a cross over us. Do you know anything about this? She didn't really know herself...lol.
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    Try Armenian Weddings at www.harsashen.com , its all about Armenian weddings and their traditions. For sure you can find everything that you are looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards