Ohio-Cleveland
Options

can't find a ceremony location!!!!!

I found the reception hall with no problems but now I can't find a ceremony location.  We set the date for Sept 24, 2011.  We have an officiant but most indoor places make you use theirs.  I was thinking outdoor, but don't know where to start looking.  If anyone knows of a good location (indoor or out) please let me know!!! 

Re: can't find a ceremony location!!!!!

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What part of Cleveland? East, west or south? How many guests do you expect?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lauren1102Lauren1102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If Berea isn't too far there's Coe Lake that has a gazebo(not sure if I spelled it right), that fits alot of people inside, somebody I know had about over 100 inside or you could just stand inside and have the guest sit outside!
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception hall is in Parma.  We would be interested in looking anywhere near there (N. Royalton, Strongsville, Berea, N. Olmsted)  We already looked into Coe Lake in Berea.  They are starting construction there in Sept. so they are booking anyone.  Thanks for the feedback!  I really appreciate all the ideas I can get with this!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm assuming we will probably have about 100 guests for the ceremony.  We are inviting around 200 to the wedding and I think about half will come to the ceremony.
  • Options
    cab384cab384 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a more churchy setting, i am having mine at frostville museum church. it is a old historic church that they moved and restored.  its a very cute chaple like church.  it hold up to 136 people i believe  and is located in the metro parks in north olmsted off ceder point rd.   oh and you can bring in your own officiant too!

http://www.olmstedhistoricalsociety.org/Frostville_Village_Church_Revis.html
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    edited December 2011
    Also check out the 'old town hall' in Strongsville for an indoor location, and possibly the Chalet in Mill Stream Run of the metroparks, also in Strongsville.

For outdoors, maybe Gardenview Horticultural Park in Strongsville? It's on Pearl Rd. right across the street from Michaud's. It is privately owned, but open to the public on weekends. I don't think they have an indoor backup though, if that's a concern.
  • Options
    Lauren1102Lauren1102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    On 252 in Olmsted Falls, I believe, where Drugmart is right off Bagley, there is a little church and I've seen weddings held outside on the bridge, where the dead end is. I'm trying to find some place outside also for August of 2012. Was looking into my reception out in Brunswick, and just need a ceramony spot, and the only places I came up with was Mapleside(but heard they are going under), and Coe Lake!
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    derrilynderrilyn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just FYI about Gardenview, I called them awhile back and they don't allow weddings there.  You can only take photos.  I live on the east side so I'm sorry I don't have any other ideas!  Good luck!
  • Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    edited December 2011
    Good to know about Gardenview.

Is the little church in Olmsted Falls that you refer to possibly Grand Pacific Wedding Chapel? IIRC, a ceremony there is approx. $1k. Not sure if you can use your own officiant offhand.
  • Options
    Jessyka1!Jessyka1! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if Avon is too far out of the way. Tom's Country place has a beautiful Rock Flower Garden for ceremonies. They even provide chairs etc for a cost. However, I believe it only costs $200.00 for the Ceremony. And they have Wooden chairs or White Chairs. Not sure the cost of the wooden ones but the White are $2.50 each. You can bring your own officiant as well. Here is the Address:
    Toms Country Place
    3442 Stoney Ridge Rd.
    Avon OH 44011
    www.tomscountryplace.com

Good Luck!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just called and made an appointment at Frostville.  The lady was really nice on the phone!  Hopefully, everything goes well and I can book it!  Thanks everyone for all the feedback!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are doing our ceremony at the 100th Bomb Group Restaurant on Brookpark Rd. right across from the airport.  They have a gorgeous outdoor patio with a gazebo that they set up chairs for weddings.  It's gorgeous.  It's only $500 to rent the patio, price includes chairs, they set up the chairs, and if it rains they reserve one of their halls for an indoor ceremony for you as a back up.  Someone has to come in early and decorate but other than that it's simple and easy.  Oh, and you can bring your own officiant and there's no pressure at all to have the reception there, especially if you already have a site booked.  Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards