Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

What would you do? Dilemma

Right after I determined my bridesmaids, one of them got engaged. Her wedding was about a month before mine. I just attended her wedding and surprisingly found that her bridesmaid's dress was exactly the same as what I will have for my wedding. The only difference is the color. 

Since I shared with my bridesmaids the photos of the dress and had them tried on long before she determined who her bridesmaid was, I knew that she took my idea.

We are best friends. She only had one bridesmaid and that was her sister. I don't know what I am supposed to do. I felt weird - a bit ouch inside. I wish she told me earlier. 

Additionally, I kind of want to change my bridesmaid's dress since our wedding is only a month apart and we have a few mutual friends - don't want people to feel that I am copying her idea, while in fact it was the other way around. 

I wonder if you can give me some opinions? I don't know why I felt a bit hurt.  Should I even care about this? If you were me, would you change your bridesmaid's dress because of this? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards