Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid shoe color

This is the bridesmaids' dress (it is tea length):http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt198/1taryn/bridesmaiddress.jpgWould it be odd to have them wear a chocolate brown shoe?  Or should i just get their shoes dyed the same color as the dress?Keep in mind that the wedding colors are apple green, chocolate brown, and ivory.  Grooms will be wearing chocolate brown tuxes.Thanks in advance!

Re: Bridesmaid shoe color

• Options
    I think chocolate brown shoes would look fine with that dress. There is no need to have the shoes the exact same color as the dress.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I will definately go with brown.  In fact, I think I already picked out their shoes.... http://www.endless.com/Dyeables-Womens-Nicky-Sandal/dp/B001JAHJ5Y/ref=sr_1_4/?cAsin=B001JAHIPK&fromPage=search&qid=1251644897765&sr=1-4&asins=B000UK2WJW,B001AMY8DC,B000UK57X0,B001JAHIPK,B0027CT5K0,B0014DAANE,B001KZHZ4I,B000UK759O,B002DE6CQC,B002DE6T42,B000UJZTM0,B002DE7824&asinTitle=Dyeables%20Nicky%20Sandal&contextTitle=Search%20Results&page=1&colors=519116011&size=40&dept=382776011&node=382776011&nodes=382776011&sort=shoesbrowserel2
  • Options
    While I think that the shoes you've picked are absolutely gorgeous, please consider letting your BMs pick their own shoes- just tell them what color you'd like them to be.  Everyone's feet are different and some BMs might be more comfortable in a different type of shoe.  I'm personally very picky about shoes and would feel better about choosing my own.
  • Options
    Please consider letting your girls wear the brown shoes of their choice and not choosing their shoes for them - especially dyeables.  If you want to see where ALL dyeables go after the wedding stop in at Goodwill or Salvation Army.  Also - not everyone can wear the same style.  I have wide feet - I gotta do my own thing!
  • Options
    $70 for a pair of shoes!!! That's how much my girls dress cost! Payless has dyeables for $40. I don't know if they have brown, but you might want to check them out.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    I would let them pick out a brown or a gold shoe of their choice. If you want them to wear specific shoes, you need to pay for them yourself. Nobody is going to care what shoes they're wearing, especially if the dresses are long because they won't even see them. PLEASE let them wear their own shoes.
  • Options
    I'm coming in late to this, but I agree with the other posters here.If the BM dresses are floor length, it REALLY doesn't matter what the shoes look like, because people will barely, if at all, see them.If the BM dresses are knee length, it doesn't matter what the shoes look like, because people don't really care.Here's your reality check:  what did the BM shoes look like in the last 6 weddings you attended?  Don't know?  Well, there you go.Let the BMs choose a brown, bronze, or gold shoe (you choose the color) and be done with it.  The days of matchy-matchy shoes ended years ago.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I'm a fan of dyeables. BUT, that said, those particular ones are not my style AT ALL. I'd be very unhappy if forced to spend $70 on them. What I did with my bridesmaids was have them all get brown shoes (they all got dyeable types) on whatever style they chose. My sis did strappy sandals, one friend with arch issues did closed-toe flats, and I honestly have no idea at all what my 3rd bridesmaid wore for shoes. I think something sandal-ish. If you let them each get a style they like, they can (a) spend what they choose on them at DSW, dsw.com, Payless, endless.com, or a host of other discount venues and (b) wear them again later as-is or dye them black for future use, as I do with most of my dyeable shoes.
  • Options
    My BMs all had completely different shoes and it worked out great.  Nobody was forced to spend money on shoes they didn't like and nobody really noticed.[img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/mpnuad" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/mpnuad</a>[/img]
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • Options
    I would go with have them choose their own gold or brown shoes. I like the ones you found, but if you specify a shoe, you have to pay for it.  $70 per BM adds up fast.
  • Options
    I just asked my girls to wear a black shoe and I also asked them to wear something a little nicer then flip-flops. This picture is huge, but here you go: [img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/kmbkoq" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/kmbkoq</a>[/img]
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Ditto the previous posts about letting them pick their own brown or gold/metallic shoes!  No one will notice for sure.I'd personally never wear a brown strappy shoe again, so spending $75 on some just to wear with a floor length dress wouldn't make me too happy.
  • Options
    Please pick a color or colors and allow them to wear their own choice of shoes. Yes it will be noticable if you make them all wear a certain expensive shoe. It will be noticeable because your BM will be sitting not standing and chatting or out dancing and having fun. Seriously other then boots I do not own a single pair of $70 shoes. That is too expensive for something that will most likely cause pain to at least half your bm. Pick a color or colors and let them pick teh shoe and you will have happy bm not miserable ones complaining about your expenisve painful shoes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards