Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid Gifts...

Bath and Body Works is having a sale right now. Buy 3 get 3 Free. I thought this was a fabulous idea for BM gifts because of our small budget. Then I was going to get a tote put those items in and the possibly a candle. Would it be okay to get the girls the same kind of gift (different scents)?

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts...

• Options
    Similar gifts are fine as long as your BMs have similar taste. Just make sure that you're buying for your BMs and thinking of THEM and not your wedding.
  • Options
    Yeah, I understand. Unfortunately, I chose my bridesmaids out of obligation not exactly who I am close to. I have four bridesmaids and 3 of them are coming from out of state and I don't feel like I know them well enough to personalize their gifts. I love them...I am just not close to them. Does that make sense?
  • Options
    Why'd you pick them, then? If they're FI's family members then you could ask him for some advice on what to give them. Or they can stand on his side as HIS attendants and he can worry about their presents. You could also just give each of them a gift card - maybe to someplace like Target, Walmart, Starbucks or iTunes, or even a Visa check card or something that's just straight cash. They might get more use out of that than some scents that you're not sure that they even like. I don't think the B&BW things are a bad idea. But for what it's worth, I own a ton of these because aunts and cousins tend to give it to me as Christmas and birthday gifts, probably for the same reason that you're getting them for these girls.
  • Options
    I chose them for the wrong reasons, and I shouldn't have. I am a bit of a push over (which I am working on =) one of them is my best friend, whom I know the best and know exactly what to get her. One is my FI's sister and he shrugs his shoulders, one is a younger cousin who I apparantly promised could be a BM when I was younger, and another is a cousin who I chose out of sheer stupidity. I don't mean that to sound mean at all, because I love them very much but I shouldn't have made my decisions the way I did. Be that as it may, I thought I goodie bag would be cute. Some lotions, candles etc. I asked my Maid of Honor and she liked the idea. She is allergic to certain scents, so I will be getting her something different, and unique because she is the MOH.
  • Options
    It's really up to you, but I just wanted to add a thought:  I try to avoid giving shower gels/lotions as gifts b/c I own a whole bathroom full of products and I generally view them as a gift that you get someone when you don't know what else to get them. 
  • Options
    I agree w/PP. It's a nice idea...but scents are very personal. I have 2 scents that I wear (and that I've worn for years.) When I get anything that isn't those 2 scents they usually stay under my sink for awhile and eventually get thrown away or given to someone (not as a gift just as a here, do you want this kind of thing.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The best thing about bath and body works and VS, is if the person gets a scent as a gift that they don't necessarily like, they can return it for one that they do like!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards