Wedding Party
Options

Disgusted how mean some ladies are to others on the forum.

2»

Re: Disgusted how mean some ladies are to others on the forum.

• Options

The ladies on here can seem harsh, but they really are giving good advice.  At the end of the day, that's what you came for, right?

There is a problem of a small minority of girls on here who will make broad character attacks on a poster, ridicule them for lack of etiquette (their lack of etiquette might be why they're asking...), or just generally be nasty, while offering no ACTUAL advice.  The boards would be better without those individuals. 

But if someone gives you honest advice that isn't flowers and rainbows, just take it or leave it, but don't get pissy.  You asked, after all.

127image 88image 39imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Like cheese to a mouse ha-ha. Thanks for the entertainment. The more distasteful you get the more fun it is for me. LOL 

When she posted that- definitely TROLL.
    And when someone trolls, I often wonder if they are logging in and out of names to get things going.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    I agree that the ladies here give pretty good advice... but a lot of times it's very harsh.

I get that the actual etiquette or advice in itself IS harsh sometimes in contrast to what a bride asks BUT there is always a nice and proper way to deliver it.

I also have seen that the same airheaded posts are written up over and over without the poster looking around first so I can see why some would respond a bit snarky!

After lurking for a while, I responded to a post in the same manner and after realizing how nasty I sounded, I've made a decision to try and be the sweet to some of the salt here. (when I can.)
    Photobucketbaby yianni Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

IMO, the biggest issue I seem to have here is NOT that people are mean, but rather that I hear things on here (advice, etiquette, etc) that I have never ever heard in my life, and can't imagine anyone honestly believing in. It's almost as if a bride can say she wants something and no matter what, she is wrong. I think people get too hung up on offending wedding guests, when in reality guests don't notice or care about things that are deemed "improper" on here. After all, it IS about the bride and groom, and I don't care what anyone else says. You don't go to a birthday party and tell the birthday boy/girl its NOT about them. So why would a wedding be any different? Whose day is it then???

However, unlike this troll, I take all advice lightly and move on. No use getting all up in a huff about it.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_disgusted-mean-ladies-others-forum?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:3d64c9b3-d6cb-4aeb-9490-d4531bf1ff13Post:556b002c-0c2c-4621-b386-166f9fa1f4f5">Re: Disgusted how mean some ladies are to others on the forum.</a>:
    [QUOTE]IMO, the biggest issue I seem to have here is NOT that people are mean, but rather that I hear things on here (advice, etiquette, etc) that I have never ever heard in my life, and can't imagine anyone honestly believing in. It's almost as if a bride can say she wants something and no matter what, she is wrong. I think people get too hung up on offending wedding guests, when in reality guests don't notice or care about things that are deemed "improper" on here. <strong>After all, it IS about the bride and groom, and I don't care what anyone else says.</strong> <strong>You don't go to a birthday party and tell the birthday boy/girl its NOT about them</strong>. So why would a wedding be any different? Whose day is it then??? However, unlike this troll, I take all advice lightly and move on. No use getting all up in a huff about it.
    Posted by CowgirlK39[/QUOTE]

There was a lot of etiquette I had no idea about as well but I am so glad I had TK to refer to, even if it seemed some of the girls were being a bit harsh, I know understand why.

After you have your wedding you realize how silly almost everything is...so when people say its all about me and my day, and its about the B & G...it just kind of makes me laugh...all the wedding really was was a big party...and that's it.  Brides put too much into it, MOBs, MOHs put way too much into it, guests put too much into it.  

Also if you were invited to a Birthday Party you wouldn't be asked to bring cash only for gifts, have a dress code on the invitation, people wouldn't be uninvited, etc etc. 

Not to mention on Birthday Party and a wedding are not even on the same level. 

A wedding stops becoming just about the B & G when other people are involved in it.  And just like a Birthday Party is in honor of the a person's birthday, the party is in honor of the B & G. 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    I read the OP's post and a few after. My .02 - I like to post on here after my wedding to try to offer advice to people who need help, to help neutralize the people who are on here just to bash. There's no excuse to be rude on here like some people, or to be rude to anyone in life. You don't know what kind of a day that person had, what kind of life they had, what they are going through and etc. You don't want to be the person that pushes that someone over the edge. It's pretty simple, just be nice. Kill someone with kindness. If you have aggression, take it out at the gym. Not a wedding board for crying out loud. 

• Options

Simply put, I agree.  I regret my post for advice.  I asked for simple advice in a situation and was called "strange" and "childish."  I hope I can figure out how to delete my account.

• Options
    I have to say when I first lurked on these boards, I had the same thought. Some brides can be snarky and rude but more often than not, I really appreciate the advice. I need the honesty, I don't want people to sugar coat something. I find compared to wedding bee, when I have posted my projects, I got very little feedback. This could be for a number reasons (bad picture, got bumped with everyone else's posting, etc) so when I want real advice/more opinions, I post here.

I looked at 'Ianandkristen's post and I actually don't see anything wrong with what was said. People were being honest and I quite frankly agree with them. And I am not a rude person, quite the opposite actually.
    Planning Bio Updated June 12/12 Lots of Wedding DIY Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards