Texas-San Antonio
Options

Wedding hair and makeup

I live in Austin, but my wedding will be in my hometown of San Antonio.  My stylist doesn't do up-do's, and I'm in need of someone good to possibly do my hair for my Bridal Shoot and my wedding (please keep in mind reasonable pricing).  Also I'd like to do my own makeup, but the more I think about it I feel as if I should just have someone else do it...(I want to wear false eyelashes and cannot put those things on for the life of me)!  Any recommendations????  :)

Re: Wedding hair and makeup

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the process of looking for someone to do an updo for me as well...if I find someone I'll let you know! As for the make-up dilemma, I'm pretty much in the same boat. My BA is in art and I LOVE to do make up, however I didn't want my normal everyday look, and I wanted to look a bit different on my day, but I just haven't been able to achieve that. I went to MAC to buy make up and have a trial done, but they put it on more heavily than I would like and I already wear heavy eye make up as it is-so I think I'm basically going to be stuck doing my own :| I bought a pair of false eyelashes, and if you look on youtube, there are several videos to help you. If you buy a really good pair [like from a store that specializes in selling cosmetics such as MAC or Sephora] then they will last longer than just a few applications so you would be able to practice beforehand to get the application right. But here's something to help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98B8EwselMc
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Capri Hair Studio off I-10 and Huebner and thought they were great.  My whole bridal party had hair and makeup done there as well.  Prices are listed on their website.  At the last minute I had them add false eyelashes and OMG they were FANTASTIC for the pictures!  I have crazy long eyelashes but not a ton of lashes so the fakes helped. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards