Texas-San Antonio
Options

Photographers

I'm having a really hard time finding photographers.  I have been looking at a ton of websites. 
My list of wants includes a team of two photographers since my venue is two story and we have a lot of guests.  I would like to find someone for 7 hours.  I also want print rights and 4x6 prints. We are also looking for Engagement and Bridal sessions.
I hope to spend $1500-$2000 (possibly more for additional prints) -- not including Engagement and Bridal sessions unless that's possible.
I have heard of several photographers here on TK that I have liked, but the work I like is from photographers who work alone.  I have every confidence in this work, but I really don't want to miss lots of photos.  [My sister had a photographer that didn't take pictures of half of the wedding guests.  She had less than half my guest list and was in a smaller venue.]
I really like the engagement photos from many of them and considered using them just for engagement,  but I think the engagement session would be a great time to get to know the photographer who does our wedding.

Sorry this is so long.  I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if I'm being way too picky.

Thanks
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Photographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Teresa Sandvig with Elan Imaging.  She brings someone with her on the wedding day and I think she can meet all your other requirements.  She has a package for $3500 that includes engagement session, bridal session, 7 hours on wedding day with 2 photographers, credit toward a wedding album and some prints and a CD with pictures on it.  There is some flexibility within that package (I would rather have all the pics than have the prints and she is working with me to make that happen).  She has other packages as well depending on what you want.  She did my engagement pictures and has been very good to work with so far.  Hopefully the wedding will go well too!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you.  I will take a look :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Caitlin's Creations, I was adament about having a second shooter and she works with her sister.  She's totally reasonable and I've only had bridals so far but we love her.  She's very no-nonsense and extremely easy to work with.  She's one of my favorite vendors so far. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TTiger03TTiger03 member
    edited December 2011
    I had looked at Caitlin's Creations website and liked all the photos, but was disappointed since there was no mention of second photographer available.
    Was there a huge fee to add the second shooter? - No need to be specific.  I can ask for more details if/when we make an appointment.

Thanks for the info.  I will add her back to my short list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Teresa w/eLan Imaging.  Im using her too and like jsgpenguin said she brings a 2nd shooter w/her.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using a photog couple out of Austin, who travel to San Antonio for free. They are both photographers. The most expensive package is for 8 hours and gives you the rights. 4x6's you can have printed anywhere. It costs about 2100 for the most expensive with engagements and bridal.

They are Old World Studios. Go to the blog to see more work.

http://oldworldstudios.net/
  • Options
    TTiger03TTiger03 member
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much.  This has been the worst part of all the planning for me.  I have a really hard time seeing the galleries for the photos and not the pretty (or sometimes ugly) things in the photos.  If that makes sense.

Word of mouth certainly helps. :)
  • Options
    missoh2cutemissoh2cute member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're using Nachyelli Photography...this is her deluxe package....her photos are amazing and she is so wonderful in person!
    The Deluxe

*Two photographers
    *10 hours wedding day coverage
    *Bridal session with one 11x14 print of your choice
    *Engagement session with one 8x10 print of your choice
    *Custom processing and editing of ALL images
    *Private online gallery and ordering of your pictures for you, family and friends
    *5X7 Custom  Wedding  Album – Hardcover with 10  pages, 20 sides photographic (fingerprint resistant) pages
    *CD with ALL your digital, full-resolution images of wedding, bridal and engagement session.
    $2595

Definitely recommend her!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Caitlin's second photographer was part of the package if I remember correctly.  I was shocked but she also came to my bridals to assist with reflectors, moving my dress, etc.  They really knew their stuff! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention that we do have full print rights with Caitlin.  She had the disc to my dad's house about a week after my bridals.  I have friends that were married months ago and are still waiting on pictures.  What sold me on her is that she doesn't set up an online gallery of your photos, you can set something up yourself and your family members can order from shutterfly, flikr, etc. instead of paying the wedding photographer $20 for a 4X6 print.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would say you need to decide soon if you are a May bride. May and June are pretty popular, and some photogs will only do one wedding a weekend.. so I would choose and get your deposit sent. :)
  • Options
    TTiger03TTiger03 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to get it all picked out this week.  I have all my other vendors secured, but this one has been the biggest headache for me.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello fellow bride-to-be! Congratulations on your engagement! My future mother-in-law is an independent photographer here in San Antonio. She has a great website with a good number of pictures to view. She is very personable and caters to your specific needs and wants for your special day. Unfortunately, she won't be taking our pictures the day of the wedding since she will be busy being the mother of the groom. Luckily, her brother is a photographer from the City of San Antonio, so he will be doing the wedding day pictures. Please take a look at her website and feel free to contact her. She can recommend several places to choose from for your bridal portrait as well. Good luck with all your planning :)

web.mac.com/srh2002

Amanda
  • Options
    Kstock06Kstock06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Marcus Revilla and he sounds like he might fit what you are looking for. He is excellent and I love what he has done for me so far (engagements and bridals).
  • Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the hardest time picking a photographer!  I finally found Phenom Photography.  His name is Reggie, he just moved here from Houston and is so nice!  His prices are fairly reasonable, he brings a second shooter for 8 hours, and an 11X14 print is included from both the bridal and engagement sessions.  He also includes the print rights for each session/wedding day.  Check him out!
  • Options
    bluesparrowbluesparrow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Blue Sparrow Photography!

Great prices, beautiful pics, willing to customize packages!

Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have hired Janet from Skeem Photography, and she just took my bridal pictures on October 3...The very next day she emailed me and told me that the pictures were up on her website and that I needed to give her a password so that I could go into them and pick out 30 for her to edit.  She's AMAZING!!!!  You'd be so lucky to get to work with her...We can't wait for her to photograph our wedding on November 6!!!  :)  Oh btw, she's charging us $900, for an unlimited amount of pictures and hours!!!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards