Jewish Weddings
Options

::::october010bride::::

Hello there,

I just read your review of the Valentin Imperial Maya resort.  I'm going there in 2 weeks (yay) and I want to know were upgrades possible?  What are the best rooms? Should we get spa services? Anything you would've done differently?

We booked an excursion to the ruins through expedia so we're good for that, but I did want to go snorkeling, so I guess I can do as you did and book it at the hotel.

Thank you so much for your advice! :)

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ::::october010bride::::

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!

Glade my review was helpful!

We were upgraded for free when we arrived. We booked with a travel agent and she told us she'd ask for an upgrade but wouldn't guarantee us one. When we checked in we were given a silver jr suite... we had paid for the deluxe suite (most basic). There are more luxurious rooms... but the silver suite was great for us.

If you didn't end up using a TA who requested an upgraded, when you get there just ask. Be nice and say is there any chance we could receive a free upgrade? I mean the most they can say is no.

We booked our snorkeling through American Express and we had a great time. There will be a ton of excursion reps in the hotel when you arrive so you won't have any problems booking. I know that the dive shack next to the pool was offering snorkeling for a really good price, but we had already booked with Amex. We paid 55 per person for the snorkeling.

Stay away from the Italian restaurant, it stunk. The Japanese place rocks! Def get there early one night... like 5:55 it opens at 6 and request Hibachi, it's really fun.

We didn't use the spa... we didn't want to spend the money but we did have a credit that sort of went to waste, oh well. One day there was a couple getting a massage on the beach.. I was SO jealous. That's def the one thing I would have done.

Get to the pool or beach early to get prime seating since they don't enforce the holding chairs rule. You'll always be able to find an open chair BUT if you want shade at the beach you'll need to get there by 9.

At the airport stay away from the guys in the terminal who want to help you with your bags. They won't steal your stuff but they'll demand a tip when they take you to your transportation. Just ask the front desk where you should go and walk quickly and avoid them, lol.

The staff responds very well to tips :)  Dollar tips will really go far with the staff... especially the bartenders ;)

Have a great time and feel free to ask any other questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards