African American Weddings
Options

Send off

I was all set to do ribbon wands.  After speaking with FI today he thought it might be an unnecessary cost.  So I was thinking well what will we do now.  Bubbles?  Now I am thinking we may skip it all together.  What are others doing?
**I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**

Re: Send off

• Options
    I think our venue will provide sparklers....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    we're not doing anything. but mejai did the ribbon wands. you can ask her around how much it cost. You would think it coudlnt be extremely expensive to make. and i say that because i dont know how bad you want them but this is the tactic i use: If it's not THAT expensive and i want it super bad, if i know the exact cost, i get my argument together and present it to him. why it would be cool, hype up how much more awesome it'd make the wedding be,  what the cost would be in household terms (half tank of gas, a bottle of malibu, etc), then go for the kill "we only get married once".
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Send off:[QUOTE]we're not doing anything. but mejai did the ribbon wands. you can ask her around how much it cost. You would think it coudlnt be extremely expensive to make. Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE

Yeah I posted awhile back that I was thinking about doing them and she said she was too. I just seen her post that she finished them. Hmmmm still thinking. When I calculated just getting the dowels were hundred and something FI was like see that's just for the dowels not including ribbon and eye hooks....oh well
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_send-off-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ca20212a-60c5-41e9-adfd-fa18e142eca9Post:990dfba0-da98-483b-aa26-3c932afec9c2">Re:Send off</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Send off:[QUOTE]we're not doing anything. but mejai did the ribbon wands. you can ask her around how much it cost. You would think it coudlnt be extremely expensive to make. Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE Yeah I posted awhile back that I was thinking about doing them and she said she was too. I just seen her post that she finished them. Hmmmm still thinking. When I calculated just getting the dowels were hundred and something FI was like see that's just for the dowels not including ribbon and eye hooks....oh well
    Posted by kcc76[/QUOTE]

I just updated my post. $100!!!! are you on a budget? you could see how much you have left after everything. but i'd shop around for dowels. I seen them ribbon wands at teh dollar store. they came in a package of 5 or so. you'd just have to replace ribbon (i think).
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I didn't do much research at first. I just looked on home depot. I did more research and show FI how much we can the dowels for. I had some ribbon at home and used a skeewer stick and made one and he likes it. Showed my family and they loved the idea. So now I need to get all the material and make them. So excited and FI is too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards